• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vigil at WNMU taking CSU Pueblo Job

Football Scoop is reporting that Vigil is taking the CSU-Pueblo job:

https://footballscoop.com/news/sourc...ext-head-coach

It should be a good move for him.

Comment

Now who’s gonna be the next man up at WNMU?

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post
        Football Scoop is reporting that Vigil is taking the CSU-Pueblo job:

https://footballscoop.com/news/sourc...ext-head-coach
        Now confirmed:
        https://gothunderwolves.com/news/202...all-coach.aspx

Comment

I was a big fan of Vigil early on in the season to replace HughesI if the WT job opened.

Then, I heard from an indisputably unimpeachable source that Vigil won at WNMU by running a renegade program. AD's around the league were receiving panicked calls from the WNMU AD about what to do with Vigil's methods? Players there to play ball only. Not going to class. Unable to get in to schools anywhere else. NCAA rules out the windowr. Many, many with a close association with local law enforcement. Fights, bar brawls every weekend. Etcetcetc. Basically the WNMU AD was told he had 2 choices: fire Vigil and replace him or hope he wins enough to move on. Vigil recruited dozens of kids who couldn't get in at a place like ASU, MSU, or WT because of academic and/or character shortcomings. This is not my speculation. It is, as I said, from an unimpeachable front-line source.

I hope the leopard changes his spots at Pueblo, but..........

Comment

Definitely a game changer for him taking over a perennial playoff program with great facilities and fan support.

All the pressure is on him to catch up and compete with Mines and Western Colorado.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
              I was a big fan of Vigil early on in the season to replace HughesI if the WT job opened.

Then, I heard from an indisputably unimpeachable source that Vigil won at WNMU by running a renegade program. AD's around the league were receiving panicked calls from the WNMU AD about what to do with Vigil's methods? Players there to play ball only. Not going to class. Unable to get in to schools anywhere else. NCAA rules out the windowr. Many, many with a close association with local law enforcement. Fights, bar brawls every weekend. Etcetcetc. Basically the WNMU AD was told he had 2 choices: fire Vigil and replace him or hope he wins enough to move on. Vigil recruited dozens of kids who couldn't get in at a place like ASU, MSU, or WT because of academic and/or character shortcomings. This is not my speculation. It is, as I said, from an unimpeachable front-line source.

" indisputably unimpeachable"? Is this the same guy who fired Carthel and hired Nesbitt and Hughes?

Comment

For what it’s worth, another coach in the conference told me recently that they brought in about 40 JUCO/transfer kids and they were all wild. Bunch of personal fouls, 1st half suspensions for stuff that happened off the field, etc. This was before he announced he was leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

" indisputably unimpeachable"? Is this the same guy who fired Carthel and hired Nesbitt and Hughes?
                  Not him. I would never betray a confidence from him. Still, you can believe my sorry ass about what went on under Vigil"s time at WNMU.

Comment

Not him. I would never betray a confidence from him. Still, you can believe my sorry ass about what went on under Vigil"s time at WNMU.
                    Ok, now I believe it.

Comment

I’m calling bull****! The point man on the hiring committee at Pueblo was the only coach the school has ever had. He’s not passing over the keys to the “party bus driver”!

Comment

Originally posted by Buff90 View Post
                        I’m calling bull****! The point man on the hiring committee at Pueblo was the only coach the school has ever had. He’s not passing over the keys to the “party bus driver”!
                        My perspective on Vigil's time at WNMU came thru 2 different sources intimately involved at WT and ASU. I believe them.

Vigil may fly straight and narrow at Pueblo, but he sure did not take that flight plan at WNMU. And that's how he parlayed WNMU into Pueblo.

Comment

I’d have taken him at WT, regardless

Comment

I heard he even had his players lie to the AD about MLB tickets. Lock him up!

Comment

Old news.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X