• Show
Clear All

• APPROVED CHANGES IN DII FOOTBALL

Some great things happening in DII football:

https://www.ncaa.org/news/2023/1/14/...rtunities.aspx

Thoughts? Comments?

thanks for posting. that's interesting

Comment

Well, of course, the 3 game participation allowance for freshmen is great. As stated it will keep students engaged and still allow for 4 more years of competition. That RS year for kids who have never missed a season since forever had to be like being in purgatory.

Also the ability to have a spring scrimmage against a D1 will be very interesting.

Comment

You think they would want to scrimmage a D-1. In this transfer portal age, they may not want any of these D-1 schools getting a look at there best kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred View Post
          You think they would want to scrimmage a D-1. In this transfer portal age, they may not want any of these D-1 schools getting a look at there best kids.
          I think this is the stance that most D2 coaches will take.

Comment

I assume the D2 schools have the option of scrimmaging a D1....but also a fellow D2 school.......much more likely. Angelo vs UTPB. WT vs Midwestern. Or Midwestern vs SWOkla. WT vs Pueblo. That type of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
              I assume the D2 schools have the option of scrimmaging a D1....but also a fellow D2 school.......much more likely. Angelo vs UTPB. WT vs Midwestern. Or Midwestern vs SWOkla. WT vs Pueblo. That type of thing.
              I think it will be against the closest opponent. I could see Angelo vs ACU or one of the D3 schools in Abilene.

I would not want to scrimmage an LSC opponent unless I had too.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

I think this is the stance that most D2 coaches will take.
                Whomever they play works for me. Gives us all (true FOOTBALL fans) something to look forward to between the NC and start of the next season.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Whomever they play works for me. Gives us all (true FOOTBALL fans) something to look forward to between the NC and start of the next season.
                  No doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

The good ol' "No True Scot" logical fallacy in rare off season form!

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

HAHAHA. Not even a close analogy. But a funny post.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                        Come on....WT vs ENMU.... that will actually pay the bills.....
                        I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

Is Montana NFHS state? If so how do you feel about the move to enforce most offensive penalties from the previous spot instead of the spot of the foul?

I for one am over the moon about it...no more 1st or 2nd and 30+....cause if a hold 9 yards deep.
                          I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

😴 💤

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

A spring scrimmage. Hmmm?. WT vs ENMU at Buffalo Stadium. A nice April spring Saturday. Noon start. A "mini" wagon wheel trophy.

Now that's a spring game you could charge for. I bet if you really promoted it (say a tie in with Pak a Sak or Phart n Phetchum) you could get 5,000 to show up. Charge $10 a head kid's 10 and under free plus concessions. Free to WT and ENMU students (with ID) and including free hot dogs on the field for players and fans after the game. Some bucks for each school.

I like it!
                              Last edited by BuffaloChip; 02-12-2023, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X