• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BuffaloChip
    replied
    Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

No. Lynn believes in defense.
    lol
    WT's defense in the Carthel era was famous for putting teams in 3rd and 23.......and then allowing a first down. It used to drive me nuts. Of course they'd finally get the ball back and score in 5 plays. Then the D would do it all over again.

Leave a comment:

• cwfenn
    replied
    Originally posted by JavsFan View Post

How many graduated / used up eligibility? I think they were a very experienced senior-laden team. Plus the HC left for the San Diego HC position.
    I think they had a ton of 5 and 6-year guys. The QB could be coming back, but I don’t know where I heard that (if I did hear that).

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

So, you are comparing Lynn to the Carthels?
    No. Lynn believes in defense.
    lol

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied
    3 more months until things start heating up!!

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied

How many graduated / used up eligibility? I think they were a very experienced senior-laden team. Plus the HC left for the San Diego HC position.
    I think his point was a response to BC who stated they just use last years final standings as preseason power rankings.

Leave a comment:

• BuffaloChip
    replied
    Originally posted by SPWOU View Post
    So why isn’t Mines there?
    Not sure their QB is coming back for his 5th year. Plus a new HC.

Leave a comment:

• Turbonium
    replied

This article is a few months old and doesn't even account for the HC leaving. Pretty surprising to not have them in there based on their success the past several years.

Leave a comment:

• JavsFan
    replied
    Originally posted by SPWOU View Post

Leave a comment:

• SPWOU
    replied
    Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Ouachita Baptist and Benedict wouldn't win the LSC much less be in the top 10.

Both teams got boat raced off their home fields by other 2nd place finishers in the playoffs after finishing undefeated in weak conferences.

These rankings are almost always recycled based off the previous years results.

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied

There could be a possibility that the LSC might be wide open at this point.

Angelo State might tail off a bit losing some starters to the transfer portal but will still be the favorite.

If a team can emerge from the pack and take down second place that could make things interesting come playoff time.
    Angelo won't be a top team. Nothing to worry about. They might just barely be mediocre.

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied
    Originally posted by Buffs of Uranus View Post
    In 2005 WT went from worst to first in a LSC that was much tougher. Also Central Oklahoma will surprise people this year.
    So, you are comparing Lynn to the Carthels?

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied
    Originally posted by UTPBFalcons1 View Post
    A lot of people keep putting WT in discussion of Top 25. Do they something we don't know?
    Josh Lynn is a great coach. But he doesn't turn WT into top 25 overnight. Especially if he's not running his gun triple-option offense. I don't quite understand why he wouldn't. Stick with what made you successful. UTPB should be getting just as much consideration as WT if not more. Top recruiting class with a lot of returning all conference players. With a coach that made Kingsville look bad in a postseason game.
    If ever! Until he does, it's all talk and speculation. They supersonic hype is pretty standard for any program bringing in a new coach. Gotta get folks buying in.

Same goes for UTPB and it's new coach.

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied

Ouachita Baptist and Benedict wouldn't win the LSC much less be in the top 10.

Both teams got boat raced off their home fields by other 2nd place finishers in the playoffs after finishing undefeated in weak conferences.

These rankings are almost always recycled based off the previous years results.
    Maybe.

Here are final 2022 Top 10

1 Ferris State
    2 Grand Valley
    3 Colorado Mines
    4 West Florida
    5 Pittsburg State
    6 Angelo State
    7 Northwest Missouri
    8 Shepherd
    9 Delta State
    10 IUP

Not quite the same.

Leave a comment:

• Fred
    replied
    Better not sleep on ENMU. Those dudes can coach.

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo/Islander Alum
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred View Post

IMO Its going to be real interesting to see how UTPB's 2nd year head coach manages all those transfers. if a few of those kids aren't getting to play they can destroy a lockeroom. there is a reason seasoned head coaches don't load up on a team full of transfers. UTPB probably has no choice at this point but it will be interesting.

I don't think anyone should get to hyped up about either WT or UTPB as this point. Lynn is a program builder and that takes time and McCoullgh on has one year of head coaching experience. I believe both will be improved but cracking the top 25. I don't think so.
    There could be a possibility that the LSC might be wide open at this point.

Angelo State might tail off a bit losing some starters to the transfer portal but will still be the favorite.

If a team can emerge from the pack and take down second place that could make things interesting come playoff time.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X