Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2023 Dave Campbells Preseason LSC Poll

I got my book this morning. What are your thoughts?
    1. Angelo
    2. Kingsville
    3. CWU
    4. West Texas
    5. Midwestern
    6. UTPB
    7. Western Oregon
    8. ENMU
    9. WNMU

I anticipate Angelo not being at the 1 spot. Maybe 4th?

CWU is a ? to me.

I think Kingsville has a breakout season.

WTAMU will be much better this year. Loaded with talent.

I was expecting UTPB to be an "up n comer", but really don't know what to expect with coaching changes. However, they have TONS of talent!

MSU Texas..Mediocre team.

The others will be towards yhe bottom.

Comment

Angelo is where they should be until proven otherwise if their loss of talent brings them back to the mediocre pack.

Kingsville I would rank closer to middle of the pack. They were exposed badly down the stretch to more experienced competent coaches and talent. Of course experience and new players can change this.

Central Washington could be ranked too high due to their transfers out and current undetermined at QB. They could finish second by default on how weak the LSC has been.

WT I can see 4th. That is more of a median. They could finish high as second or low as 5-6 if the talent is too young or new to gel to change in system.

Midwestern is always a dark horse and unknown.

UTPB is definitely under ranked. If they learned from their mistakes and execute late in games they could contend for a playoff spot.

Rest of the teams...meh...unless Lee pulls a rabbit out of the hat at ENMU and upsets one of the contenders.

Comment

WT had better talent than their record last year. If WT finishes anything below 2nd I’ll be surprised.

Comment

Supporting arguments

Originally posted by UTPBFalcons1 View Post
          1. Angelo - Until proven otherwise
          2. Kingsville - lots of experience returning, plus large influx of talent
          3. CWU - IDK much about CWU, but they are typically above average
          4. West Texas - lots of new faces, may take a while to adjust
          5. Midwestern - it's gotten to the point that I don't what to expect from MSU. Is it past time for Maskill to step down?
          6. UTPB - see WT
          7. Western Oregon - see CWU, except WOU is typically average to below average
          8. ENMU - see WT and UTPB, but a bigger hill to climb
          9. WNMU - While they have done well with some coaching changes, at some point it's not going to work out so well
          Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

The only thing that would give me pause on Kingsville is they changed both coordinators. Should be better but that is a really big deal.

Comment

Reasons teams are not ranked properly

1. Angelo - this is the year it proves too difficult to replace the talent exodus
              2. Kingsville - faded down the stretch. Unless O-Line is greatly improved, they are ranked too high
              3. CWU - again, while IDK much about CWU, they easily could have been 4-6 last year
              4. West Texas - Coach Lynn has proven to be able to turn teams around, but only won 3 games in each of first years at ENMU and UNK
              5. Midwestern - team seems to have drifted into mediocrity, not in playoffs since 2017.
              6. UTPB - just one win by more than one score, at ECU he inherited a team on the upswing not a rebuild
              7. Western Oregon - possibly second best LSC in second half of season, winning 5 of 6 games, including at CWU
              8. ENMU - he's done it before, although inheriting a better team
              9. WNMU - this much of a dropback may be unwarranted for a team that played spoiler last year.
              Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post
                Reasons teams are not ranked properly

its interesting. Kingsville is the first to offer every OL that hits the portal.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred View Post

its interesting. Kingsville is the first to offer every OL that hits the portal.
                  almost always followed directly by WT and then UTPB.

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post

almost always followed directly by WT and then UTPB.
                    I think every team is going to have to hit the portal in some capacity to be able to survive filling holes and/or being competitive.

Comment

My thoughts:

1. Angelo - lost a ton of starters. Coaches and culture will win them 6 games every year. Are they talented enough to win 9-11?
                      2. Kingsville - Overrated. Lost 2 coordinators, lost 5 in a row to end the season last year.
                      3. CWU - Solid team, never know how good they will be. Will always win 6 off of talent and size.
                      4. West Texas - Lynn has the excitement up for sure. Transfer portal will help them. QB situation and OL situation will be the key.
                      5. Midwestern - Maskill lost the entire coaching staff and 14 starters. New team, I see them being just average. 5-6 wins.
                      6. UTPB - Obviously we saw what they did in the portal. New Head Coach who won 9 games at a school who's not known for winning anything. And beat Kingsville by 17 with less talent than he has at UTPB. I see them having a winning season and could see them winning 9 games.
                      7. Western Oregon - average but will steal 1 or 2
                      8. ENMU - triple option will catch some better teams. win 4 games
                      9. WNMU - may not win a game with what im hearing.

Comment

My thoughts:

1. Angelo - lost a ton of starters. Coaches and culture will win them 6 games every year. Are they talented enough to win 9-11?
                        2. Kingsville - Overrated. Lost 2 coordinators, lost 5 in a row to end the season last year.
                        3. CWU - Solid team, never know how good they will be. Will always win 6 off of talent and size.
                        4. West Texas - Lynn has the excitement up for sure. Transfer portal will help them. QB situation and OL situation will be the key.
                        5. Midwestern - Maskill lost the entire coaching staff and 14 starters. New team, I see them being just average. 5-6 wins.
                        6. UTPB - Obviously we saw what they did in the portal. New Head Coach who won 9 games at a school who's not known for winning anything. And beat Kingsville by 17 with less talent than he has at UTPB. I see them having a winning season and could see them winning 9 games.
                        7. Western Oregon - average but will steal 1 or 2
                        8. ENMU - triple option will catch some better teams. win 4 games
                        9. WNMU - may not win a game with what im hearing.
                        Sooooo, you ate picking WT & UTPB???

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                          I anticipate Angelo not being at the 1 spot. Maybe 4th?

CWU is a ? to me.

I think Kingsville has a breakout season.

WTAMU will be much better this year. Loaded with talent.

I was expecting UTPB to be an "up n comer", but really don't know what to expect with coaching changes. However, they have TONS of talent!

MSU Texas..Mediocre team.

The others will be towards yhe bottom.

Think I will change my Angelo position. I agree with a few posters. Angelo is #1 until.proven otherwise. I surely know they lost a few good players, but that has been the MO for the past few years.

I also know that Girsch plays it close to his chest. He DOES NOT make his signings and other moves public. So, I am betting he has something up his sleeve for SURE.

As B/I said, Angelo holds the #1 spot until.provrn otherwise.

Comment

I’m looking forward to watching some LSC football. The ole alma mater, Delta State, will always be my team and where my heart is, but I’ll be a fan of Angelo State.

I get free admission to any Angelo State sporting event with my ASU student ID. Again, I’m looking forward to it.
                            RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
                            Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Sooooo, you ate picking WT & UTPB???
                              1. Angelo - ONLY because everyone else thinks so.
                              2. CWU
                              3. WT
                              4. UTPB
                              5. Kingsville
                              6. Midwestern
                              7. WOU
                              8. ENMU
                              9. WNMU

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...