Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview with McBroom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thvr...el=wtathletics

McBroom addresses several topics including NIL, and moving to D1.
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

So WT will not be pursuing Division 1. Are there any other current conference members that are rumored to be moving up?

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thvr...el=wtathletics

McBroom addresses several topics including NIL, and moving to D1.
      Be sure to post Wendler videos too. I won’t watch them
      either because their plans are to be adrift in D2 forever.

Comment

What I found of interest was the information about NIL.
        The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
          So WT will not be pursuing Division 1. Are there any other current conference members that are rumored to be moving up?
          I don't think it is ever off the discussion list at ASU. Lot of people want to see it happen.

Last I heard is that ASU has several benchmarks that have to be met before they will make the move. I have no idea how close ASU is to meeting those benchmarks.

Comment

Good interview whether you agree or not.

I think its still wishful thinking that you can keep every student athlete at WT even with the transfer portal.

The best athletes are going to scratch that D1 itch right or wrong.

Of course most of his answers has to align with Wendler's vision.

Questions I would ask:
            1) Is there any scenario you would see WT move up to D1? Move to a different D2 conference? Move down to D3?
            2) Do you see WT as a regional university or a university that can recruit academic and student athletes nationwide?

I doubt I would get those questions answered honestly again due to Wendler's influence.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post

I don't think it is ever off the discussion list at ASU. Lot of people want to see it happen.

Last I heard is that ASU has several benchmarks that have to be met before they will make the move. I have no idea how close ASU is to meeting those benchmarks.
              Angelo State is very close. As a matter of fact if certain discussions go well this fall, it might be a lot sooner than later.

All the men's major sports are at the top in conference and a few nationally. WBB is at the top, but VB and SB are weak. But, Angelo loves Men's sports and that will drive the decision.

I think the one point was funding, and I understand that the $ is already pledged when they decide to make the move.

If anyone has more info to back this up, please share.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Angelo State is very close. As a matter of fact if certain discussions go well this fall, it might be a lot sooner than later.

All the men's major sports are at the top in conference and a few nationally. WBB is at the top, but VB and SB are weak. But, Angelo loves Men's sports and that will drive the decision.

I think the one point was funding, and I understand that the $ is already pledged when they decide to make the move.

If anyone has more info to back this up, please share.
                I heard it from a friend, who heard it from a friend of a friend that ASU will never go D1.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffs of Uranus View Post

I heard it from a friend, who heard it from a friend of a friend that ASU will never go D1.
                  I heard from a friend that uranus is full of $h!t

Comment

I would go with that If I were you! 😂
                    Last edited by ASUPops; 07-15-2023, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bleacher dweller View Post

I heard from a friend that uranus is full of $h!t
                      🤣🤣🤣

Comment

If it’s Bob Sacamano, then we have the same friend.

Comment

Oh the irony the last 50 years. In the 70s WT playing D1 while Angelo State and Kingsville were playing NAIA. Now WT is rooted in D2 while the top half of the Lone Star has moved/will move on to D1 pastures.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
                            Oh the irony the last 50 years. In the 70s WT playing D1 while Angelo State and Kingsville were playing NAIA. Now WT is rooted in D2 while the top half of the Lone Star has moved/will move on to D1 pastures.
                            I noticed you didn't say "greener" pastures.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
                              100% true!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X