Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Wide World of Stadiums" YouTube drops LSC stadium video

In the fourth of a series of stadium videos (GSC, MIAA and NSIC were previously featured), the Australian-based "Wide World of Stadiums" YouTube channel dropped a video today featuring the stadiums of the Lone Star Confernce:

https://youtu.be/06clAVLdR80?si=SAMukRHzBZHfj3aU
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Super impressive West Texas stadium; sadly, he has the tiny WOU facility correctly explained.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
      Super impressive West Texas stadium; sadly, he has the tiny WOU facility correctly explained.
      Stadiums don't win games. WOU has proven that against the Buffs.

Comment

UTPB now play their home games (except for 1) at Astound Broadband Stadium in Midland. Way nicer than Ratliff. Probably 2nd best stadium in the conference.

Comment

Originally posted by UTPBFalcons1 View Post
          UTPB now play their home games (except for 1) at Astound Broadband Stadium in Midland. Way nicer than Ratliff. Probably 2nd best stadium in the conference.
          Nicer if you like feel like you are miles away from the action. To me Ratliff is a better place to watch a game.

Why are they playing 20 miles away with Ratliff just down the road?

Comment

It's only 5 minutes further than Ratliff. From what I was told, it's 1/2 the price and they allow alcohol sales.

Comment

It's only 5 minutes further than Ratliff. From what I was told, it's 1/2 the price and they allow alcohol sales.
              I always thought it was a public school stadium but I guess not. I've been to several games at both and from a fan standpoint I prefer Ratliff. It is 15 miles from UTPB and 2 1/2 miles to Ratliff

Comment

Maybe one day the program will be successful enough to get an on campus stadium. The game day experience is 1,000 times better on campus.

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
                  In the fourth of a series of stadium videos (GSC, MIAA and NSIC were previously featured), the Australian-based "Wide World of Stadiums" YouTube channel dropped a video today featuring the stadiums of the Lone Star Confernce:

https://youtu.be/06clAVLdR80?si=SAMukRHzBZHfj3aU
                  Cool video, thanks for sharing it. I don't consider stadiums to be the "real deal" unless they have grandstands on both sides of the field. I love ya' WNMU, but I'd love ya' even more if you upgraded to the "real deal". They'd probably never fill it, but it would look good from a drone shot. :)

Kudos to WT, now that's a great stadium!

Comment

I think its funny. UTPB's coach is always boasting on Twitter (sorry X) they have the best facilities in D2 and they don't even have there own stadium.

Comment

Well, he isn't wrong about football facilities. And the midland stadium would be a top 15 stadium in the country.

Comment

Looking at their website it appears tailgating is at Ratliff or is their site not up to date?

​​​​​​https://utpbfalcons.com/documents/20...gate_Rules.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post

I always thought it was a public school stadium but I guess not. I've been to several games at both and from a fan standpoint I prefer Ratliff. It is 15 miles from UTPB and 2 1/2 miles to Ratliff
                          Ratliff Stadium i n Odessa is owned by the Ector County ISD, so that would preclude alcohol sales per state law. Astound Broadband Stadium is owned by the City of Midland, so alcohol sales are permitted for non-Midland ISD events (it's the same policy at Ford Center in Frisco for Frisco ISD/UIL playoff games).
                          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

I’ve heard from several people for two years that WT was going to have alcohol sales but as far as I know it hasn’t happened, except for the big whigs in the club level.

Comment

Originally posted by buffalobill View Post
                              I’ve heard from several people for two years that WT was going to have alcohol sales but as far as I know it hasn’t happened, except for the big whigs in the club level.
                              It's possible that alcohol sales may not even be available even in the big whig area because the CFO is against it.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X