Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Texas A&M - Western Colorado Discussion/Game Thread

Looks like Josh Lynn has named Kyle Brown the starter for the Western Colorado game this weekend.

Kyle Brown to start at QB for West Texas A&M’s season opener Saturday in Western Colorado (newschannel10.com)

Craig Fenn, LSC analyst, picked Western by 7. I think that's a pretty fair guess. It's early for a new coaching staff and team to get on the same page. It might take three or four games for the Buffs to begin cooking.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
      Craig Fenn, LSC analyst, picked Western by 7. I think that's a pretty fair guess. It's early for a new coaching staff and team to get on the same page. It might take three or four games for the Buffs to begin cooking.
      This right here is high quality MIAA/NWMSU sandbagging. Mid to Late season form....

Comment

I think it will be close and low scoring. WT has a lot of changed parts and I want to see them on the field first.

PB is in a similar position, but their real first game is next week.
        Last edited by cwfenn; 08-29-2023, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Hosting a football game on a soccer field is a perfect example of why schools are leaving D2 for D1 even if it means that they have to drop football (U of Omaha). This crap you don’t even have to put up with in high school.

WT should demand that the game be in Canyon.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffs of Uranus View Post
            Hosting a football game on a soccer field is a perfect example of why schools are leaving D2 for D1 even if it means that they have to drop football (U of Omaha). This crap you don’t even have to put up with in high school.

Demand? Its a home and home contract from my understanding.

WT isnt really in a bluffing position to demand something like that.

They are already down to 10 D2 games.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Surely the contract covers that the game actually be played on a football field?

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

It should have been in the contract. A clause saying "if Western's field is not available, the other team shall be given a 60 day written notice and shall have the option to host." Something along those lines. WT dropped the ball on this back when the contract was negotiated. At the time, WT obviously never considered Western would be so incompetent?

If AD McBroom ever reads this site (and I doubt he does)........please put that clause in any future game contracts.

If I see him tomorrow, I'll personally tell him.

Comment

It should have been in the contract. A clause saying "if Western's field is not available, the other team shall be given a 60 day written notice and shall have the option to host." Something along those lines. WT dropped the ball on this back when the contract was negotiated. At the time, WT obviously never considered Western would be so incompetent?

If AD McBroom ever reads this site (and I doubt he does)........please put that clause in any future game contracts.

If I see him tomorrow, I'll personally tell him.
                  Well, we kind of saw that last year when WT was supposed to go to Washington state to play Simon Fraser and then Simon Fraser made them cross the border (I think that's what happened last year).

Comment

Originally posted by Buffs of Uranus View Post

The futbol field is likely much nicer than their atrocious football field was. Not sure what you're on about.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

The futbol field is likely much nicer than their atrocious football field was. Not sure what you're on about.
                      Setting up excuses for the loss. Otherwise it makes zero difference. The lines will be painted for football. The yard markers will be there. Even the goal posts. The goddamn Chargers played their home games on a soccer field for a year and they are in the NFL. Haha. I think WT and their fans, and incompetent admins, will get over it.

Edit: I’ve had some time to think it over. Shouldn’t WT dominate on a soccer field? Aren’t they supposedly good at every sport BUT football? Seems like a perfect scenario to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Setting up excuses for the loss. Otherwise it makes zero difference. The lines will be painted for football. The yard markers will be there. Even the goal posts. The goddamn Chargers played their home games on a soccer field for a year and they are in the NFL. Haha. I think WT and their fans, and incompetent admins, will get over it.

Edit: I’ve had some time to think it over. Shouldn’t WT dominate on a soccer field? Aren’t they supposedly good at every sport BUT football? Seems like a perfect scenario to me.
                        Every women's sport.

Comment

Haters should should stick to trolling their own 2-bit conference.

Comment

Haters should should stick to trolling their own 2-bit conference.
                            I’m not the one hating. You guys are hating the soccer field and making excuses already. Try again with your 2-bit conference BS. The LSC is a F’ing joke and hanging by a thread. Upgrade though to replace Simon Fraser with Sul Ross.

Comment

I think WT and their fans, and incompetent admins, will get over it.

Shouldn’t WT dominate on a soccer field? Aren’t they supposedly good at every sport BUT football? Seems like a perfect scenario to me.
                              You have WT figured out. Being runner up for the Whatchamacallit award is far more important to our AD than football (and cheerleaders).

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X