Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by laker View Post
    For awhile I've been asking which D2 school will be next to move up- now that question has been answered.

Now- who is the NEXT school?
    Valdosta State is my guess

Comment

So if the ASUN gets itself stable again - especially if Valdosta and West Florida go soon too - the WAC likely gets left hanging. Do they come looking for more D2s to bring up?

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post

Wacko that thinks that you only need one book in your life. Pretty sure that the bible doesn't cover some subjects like biochemistry.
        It also forgot to include the dinosaurs that didn’t exist.

Comment

Originally posted by D2Rover View Post
          So if the ASUN gets itself stable again - especially if Valdosta and West Florida go soon too - the WAC likely gets left hanging. Do they come looking for more D2s to bring up?
          It’ll just be a glorified D2 conference. But I guess the Southland is that already, so why not have another?

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

It also forgot to include the dinosaurs that didn’t exist.
            I feel dumber for even responding to this nonsense, but the Bible isn’t/wasn’t an encyclopedia.

Second, “dinosaur” isn’t in the Bible because the term hasn’t even been around for 100 years yet.

Third, the Bible certainly does mention animals that might well fit your definition of dinosaur. A herbivore with a tail like a cedar tree doesn’t sound like a kitty kat to me.

Job 40:15-24.

Comment

Originally posted by D2Rover View Post
              Currently, with the addition of UTRGV the WAC has 6 football schools and with the addition of W Georgia the ASUN has 5. You only need 6 for a conference in football. So, even if two more join the ASUN my thinking is the WAC/ASUN UAC alliance will stay intact

More of a worry for the WAC IMHO is that CUSA which has been on Tarleton’s campus several times will snatch Tarleton and SFA which will leave the WAC unstable for football. I don’t think either school is ready but desperate times call for desperate measures if your a bottom feeder in FBS like CUSA.

Comment

Commerce did beat previously undefeated Alabama in volleyball. WT would never get that amount of press winning D2 volleyball championships. Some sports besides football do flourish and football has time to catch up.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Example, Angelo State increased enrollment and has set records whereas TAMUC enrollment declined.

I brought enrollment up because the argument WAS moving to D1AA will increase exposure therefore increase enrollment. Thus far, that argument does not hold water.
                  Tamc enrollment is actually up this year, and the on campus living # is higher than it's ever been, to the point where we don't have room to house them all.

Comment

That was my thinking that Commerce was growing although not at the pace of Tarleton. But, if the Mothership started pouring money into TAMU Commerce like TSU who knows. That being said the SLC is a dumpster fire

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post

Tamc enrollment is actually up this year, and the on campus living # is higher than it's ever been, to the point where we don't have room to house them all.
                      Check the numbers publicly posted by the university.

https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/revie...7-cff10adc40ea

Please provide a source/link to substantiate your statement. Thanks.
                      Last edited by ASUPops; 09-09-2023, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                        That was my thinking that Commerce was growing although not at the pace of Tarleton. But, if the Mothership started pouring money into TAMU Commerce like TSU who knows. That being said the SLC is a dumpster fire
                        Can you provide a source to show this growth? Everything I have seen shows a steady decline. And my neighbor who is a graduate and financial supporter states the same.

I would love to SHOW him #'s to the contrary.

Comment

Nah I'm good.

Comment

When you review these enrollment numbers and include Fall 2021 7369 undergraduate count, TAMC is hemorrhaging students. Huge decline.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post

Nah I'm good.
                              Busted?

Comment

Can you provide a source to show this growth? Everything I have seen shows a steady decline. And my neighbor who is a graduate and financial supporter states the same.

I would love to SHOW him #'s to the contrary.
                                Texas A&M University–Commerce is a public university in Commerce, Texas. With an enrollment of over 12,000 students as of fall 2017, the university is the third-largest institution in the Texas A&M University System.

this was on their site. No newspaper article

With the exceptions of a few upgrades doesn’t look much different then when I went there

If they aren’t maintaining 12,000 then Tarleton has ran off and left them behind from the stone fort to a modern university on TAMU’s dime. At least they are getting a return on their investment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X