Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronOre View Post
    Winker is throwing a lot better with a wet ball. Or the prospect of execution focused his mind. And I guess he’s been swearing a lot because the ref just chewed him out (with his mic on).
    Receivers were open!

Comment

• Originally posted by tsull View Post

Winker 10 for 24, 11 for 24 last week; he has a lot of starts in his career, he is who he is at this point, an inaccurate QB. Backup comes in, makes a fine pass and gets benched. It's nuts. Yeah, a few drops, but most were not wide open, they were defended well by CWU. It's just crazy that he can't complete 50% of his passes after all these starts. It is a very, very bad offense.
      Yeah, they called the wheel route which has been very effective all year for the first time this game and it was wide open, hard fo miss. You're correct, most were not wide open, none were wide open so he is forced to force it. Not that nothing is his fault, but he's working with what he's dealt.
      Backup also comes in to start drives, get them to 3rd and 20 and then they put QB1 in and say 'good luck' and you ***** because it's an incomplete pass. Let QB2 finish what he started.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Well, I love the reason for editing! If the offer is made by them, I just might fly up for a game.

The reason I said D3 is zero schollys. But NAIA allows 24 football schollys which is still 11 more than WOU has.

I truly do not understand ANYTHING PNW.
        College of Idaho brought back football a decade or so ago, first day they were NAIA fully funded at 24. Carroll College is NAIA fully funded; I've heard EOU and SOU have more scholarships than WOU. It's really up to the A.D. to raise the money, WOU's A.D.'s going to the origin of D2 don't like to raise money. I've heard "it's the fund raiser's fault" for years, a few guys left and they're still at the same numbers. Our alums just aren't into the sports scholarship thing and yeah, WOU doesn't do a great job of raising that money. I've heard men's hoops is the only fully funded sport and that fund raising is done mostly if not completely by an alum/former player. I've heard the minor sports are close to zero scholarships across the board and the lowest total in the entire conference.

D2 is a scholarship-based division -- duh! -- WOU wants to brag about D2 but not really play the game correctly. Yeah, WOU has been competitive in football, last year was a nice season, I think coach Ferguson has done a nice job as has his staff. Must be interesting going to work with your hands figuratively tied behind your back every day. The small group of admin who control things will cling on to zero-funding D2 before they go back to NAIA. It's really foolish. They will play this low scholarship game until the end of time. We'll circulate through several presidents, fund raisers, and A.D.'s before they fix things, or if they ever fix things. After 20 years, I really don't think they'll fix things.

Comment

I say combined pass completion rating at 40%.
          What is 'pass completion rating'? Not a tracked stat. There is pass completion percentage and quarterback rating (QBR) but no 'pass completion rating' that I'm aware of.

Comment

That's the worst Western Oregon offense I've seen in decades.
            The offense certainly did struggle. No paas game impacts the run game and vice versa.
            Keep in mind CWU beat ASU last week. ASU beat WNMU 62-9 this week.

Comment

College of Idaho brought back football a decade or so ago, first day they were NAIA fully funded at 24. Carroll College is NAIA fully funded; I've heard EOU and SOU have more scholarships than WOU. It's really up to the A.D. to raise the money, WOU's A.D.'s going to the origin of D2 don't like to raise money. I've heard "it's the fund raiser's fault" for years, a few guys left and they're still at the same numbers. Our alums just aren't into the sports scholarship thing and yeah, WOU doesn't do a great job of raising that money. I've heard men's hoops is the only fully funded sport and that fund raising is done mostly if not completely by an alum/former player. I've heard the minor sports are close to zero scholarships across the board and the lowest total in the entire conference.

D2 is a scholarship-based division -- duh! -- WOU wants to brag about D2 but not really play the game correctly. Yeah, WOU has been competitive in football, last year was a nice season, I think coach Ferguson has done a nice job as has his staff. Must be interesting going to work with your hands figuratively tied behind your back every day. The small group of admin who control things will cling on to zero-funding D2 before they go back to NAIA. It's really foolish. They will play this low scholarship game until the end of time. We'll circulate through several presidents, fund raisers, and A.D.'s before they fix things, or if they ever fix things. After 20 years, I really don't think they'll fix things.
              and yet you continue to blame losses solely on the play of the starting QB. LMFAO

Comment

Sounds like you're fully invested. What are you doing about it?

Comment

• Originally posted by SPWOU View Post

Sounds like you're fully invested. What are you doing about it?
                  I've been a donor and supporter of WOU athletics for many years, more than 20 ... maybe as long as you? I never question one's loyalty or lack thereof, or how much they donate; or how long they are fans. WOU fans do what they do, the patterns haven't changed in the history of the school. It's the school's culture, it won't change. They (the school) are not giving the coaches and players a level playing field, IMO, if you think I'm wrong on that, ask other D2 coaches and fans how they would think about going to battle on Saturdays with 13 scholarships, or in baseball with just a handful or less. Interesting how you question me but not the school. I hope you continue to travel and support the program for years to come, we need more fans like that.

Comment

and yet you continue to blame losses solely on the play of the starting QB. LMFAO
                    How do you solely blame the QB? Last season, Winker avg 31+ attempts a game....this year the OC changed play calling. Winker is only getting 22 attempts a game, yet his completion % is .51 vs .50 in 2022.

In my opinion, you have to cut Winker loose and let the young man play HIS game.

I blame play calling and play in the trenches. It seems like the OC doesn't stick to a balanced attack. It's like he freaks out and the game plan goes out the window.

In my opinion, you MUST have confidence in your QB. Cut Winker loose and let the young man play HIS game. I mean you are 1-3....nothing to lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Well, I love the reason for editing! If the offer is made by them, I just might fly up for a game.

I truly do not understand ANYTHING PNW.
                      Here is your offer as well as an attempt to educate you on all things PNW.

Comment

What is 'pass completion rating'? Not a tracked stat. There is pass completion percentage and quarterback rating (QBR) but no 'pass completion rating' that I'm aware of.
                        Well, if you take the number of passes completed, and divide it by the number of passes attempted, and multiply that by 100, you get percent completed! It ended up being a combined 51% at the end of the game.

I really didn't understand what WOU was doing with their QBs in the second half. Winker was ineffective, so sit him and let the backup have a go at it. Not go rotating through every backup you have and ignore what success or lack thereof any of them were having.

CWU was doing that a bit as well before finally just staying with McGill to end the game. Lemming has a cannon for an arm, but he has no touch and doesn't make good decisions, so I think his time as starter needs to end.

Comment

Well, if you take the number of passes completed, and divide it by the number of passes attempted, and multiply that by 100, you get percent completed! It ended up being a combined 51% at the end of the game.

I really didn't understand what WOU was doing with their QBs in the second half. Winker was ineffective, so sit him and let the backup have a go at it. Not go rotating through every backup you have and ignore what success or lack thereof any of them were having.

CWU was doing that a bit as well before finally just staying with McGill to end the game. Lemming has a cannon for an arm, but he has no touch and doesn't make good decisions, so I think his time as starter needs to end.
                          Did a little stat/bio reading on Lemming on CWU’s athletic site. Both football and baseball. This year he is 38-93 with 0TD and 2INT. Appears he uh, struggled with control, on the mound as well.

Maybe he needs some Ricky Vaughn glasses?? Can’t hurt to try…

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Did a little stat/bio reading on Lemming on CWU’s athletic site. Both football and baseball. This year he is 38-93 with 0TD and 2INT. Appears he uh, struggled with control, on the mound as well.

Maybe he needs some Ricky Vaughn glasses?? Can’t hurt to try…
                            They gotta do something there.

I looked up Glasper, he's doing okay for Eastern Oregon, better than Lemming has done. I don't know why CWU sat him for Lemming last year.

https://eousports.com/sports/footbal...y-glasper/6961

Comment

They gotta do something there.

I looked up Glasper, he's doing okay for Eastern Oregon, better than Lemming has done. I don't know why CWU sat him for Lemming last year.

https://eousports.com/sports/footbal...y-glasper/6961
                              I’ll admit ignorance as to the teams Glasper is playing, so I’m not sure if it’s a fair comparison or not. But throwing the ball accurately doesn’t appear to be the strength of either, really.

Comment

• Lemming's passing efficiency is 143 of 147 D2 quarterbacks, 77.38. (Winker is number 136). Two interceptions and zero TDs. If we were not following Lemming to the cliff of offensive ineptitude, the Angelo State game could have been a blow-out.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X