Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
    Get our first look at the team this Sunday at 2 p.m. Playing Frank Phillips J.C. at home.
    That game is followed by Texas Tech on Oct. 15th also at home.
    The team will play Oklahoma State at their facility on October 22nd.

Comment

Went to Softball this afternoon. I have good news and bad news. The bad news first - for the rest of the Lone Star: Emilee Boyer has slimed down and gotten stronger. She has also developed
      a plus change-up. Wt will again be strong up the middle. As most of us thought Ruffus is now patrolling centerfield. The corner outfield positions appear to be in the hands of incoming
      Freshman Emily Liskai (Ohio) and J.C. transfer Halie Stoneking (Barton C.C.) Both players have plus speed, did not see any throws by the outfield. Shortstop and second base are unchanged. Sophomore (Randall) Heaven Moreno is primed to take over at third base for Murtha. Moreno has a good arm with more range. Murtha will probably D.H. The catching time was split between
      Booth (Sr.) and Granger (So.) Granger also had an HR. Both are solid behind the plate. Heidi also pitched and appears to be 100% healthy. Also like Tatem Pendgraft (Fr. Amarillo) in the middle infield. First base is secured by returning players Valforte and Guericke. This year's Lady Buff team has more overall speed. It's VERY early in the year. We should know more after the Tech game on the 15th.

The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Went to Softball this afternoon. I have good news and bad news. The bad news first - for the rest of the Lone Star: Emilee Boyer has slimed down and gotten stronger. She has also developed
        a plus change-up. Wt will again be strong up the middle. As most of us thought Ruffus is now patrolling centerfield. The corner outfield positions appear to be in the hands of incoming
        Freshman Emily Liskai (Ohio) and J.C. transfer Halie Stoneking (Barton C.C.) Both players have plus speed, did not see any throws by the outfield. Shortstop and second base are unchanged. Sophomore (Randall) Heaven Moreno is primed to take over at third base for Murtha. Moreno has a good arm with more range. Murtha will probably D.H. The catching time was split between
        Booth (Sr.) and Granger (So.) Granger also had an HR. Both are solid behind the plate. Heidi also pitched and appears to be 100% healthy. Also like Tatem Pendgraft (Fr. Amarillo) in the middle infield. First base is secured by returning players Valforte and Guericke. This year's Lady Buff team has more overall speed. It's VERY early in the year. We should know more after the Tech game on the 15th.

Thanks GWB! I was going to call you. No need to now.

Comment

Did anyone make it to the scrimmage against Tech yesterday? Next on the schedule is Oklahoma State.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
            Did anyone make it to the scrimmage against Tech yesterday? Next on the schedule is Oklahoma State.
            Thought the scrimmage against Tech was Oct 15th?

Comment

Originally posted by WT&TTECHfan View Post

Thought the scrimmage against Tech was Oct 15th?
              You are currently correct sir! I didn’t realize they took off a week after playing Frank Phillips.

Comment

Went to Wt v. TT exhibition this afternoon. It was a 10-inning game. At the end of regulation (7 innings) Wt was leading 5-3. Boyer gave up 3 runs in the first inning due to a lack of control.
                She then pitched 6 shut-out innings. Heaven Moreno hit a 3-run HR for the winning margin. Several good plays in the outfield along with 1 error in Left field. Excellent infield defense.
                Transfers and incoming freshmen played well. This team appears to have the talent to make another deep run. The more I watch Coach Mook the more I like his coaching style. Another good hire by McBroom.

Comment

Went to Wt v. TT exhibition this afternoon. It was a 10-inning game. At the end of regulation (7 innings) Wt was leading 5-3. Boyer gave up 3 runs in the first inning due to a lack of control.
                  She then pitched 6 shut-out innings. Heaven Moreno hit a 3-run HR for the winning margin. Several good plays in the outfield along with 1 error in Left field. Excellent infield defense.
                  Transfers and incoming freshmen played well. This team appears to have the talent to make another deep run. The more I watch Coach Mook the more I like his coaching style. Another good hire by McBroom.
                  Thanks for the update. I also like Mook. I do think he overused Boyer last year. I hope he uses Heidi a lot more this year.

Yes McBroom has hired some good coaches, just not for football. We all hope Lynn will be better than average but it won’t happen this year.

Comment

Thanks for the update. I also like Mook. I do think he overused Boyer last year. I hope he uses Heidi a lot more this year.

Yes McBroom has hired some good coaches, just not for football. We all hope Lynn will be better than average but it won’t happen this year.
                    My seats are two places down from the girls from who keep the stats, pitch speed, location, pitch count, etc.
                    Boyer's pitch count for the game was 162. The top speed was 68 mph.

Comment

The long awaited softball season starts Friday afternoon. WT heads to Los Lunas, NM to play 5 games, the first of which is against NM Highlands.

I heard from a solid source that the amazing Tyler pitcher, Tatum Goff, who was 42-0 last year left the team because of personality conflicts within the team. While the quality of pitching may have gone down, Tyler is an exceptionally good team on defense and hits very well. In all 5 losses last year WT gave up an average of nearly 6 runs per game. Angelo was the only LSC team to beat Tyler last year, and they did it twice.

Comment

Did Goff do a D1 transfer? Anyone know about here whereabouts?

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                          Did Goff do a D1 transfer? Anyone know about here whereabouts?
                          No, she's still enrolled in Tyler, and is offering lessons. Her teammates must not realize what an incredible asset she is. She actually did start her college career in D1.

I wish Mook could have grabbed her but it's too late.

Here's her amazing resume:

πŸ†πŸ₯ŽACCOLADESπŸ₯ŽπŸ†
                          The University of Kansas 2019-2021
                          Big XII All-Academic First Team 2020-2021
                          The University of Texas at Tyler 2021-2024
                          First Team All-American 2021-2022 and 2022-2023
                          Lonestar Conference Pitcher of the Year 2021-2022 and 2022-2023
                          NCAA DII Pitcher of the Year 2022-2023
                          Lonestar Conference Female Athlete of the Year 2022-2023
                          UT Tyler Female Athlete of the Year 2022-2023
                          2022-2023 New Season Record of 42-0, breaking a National Record held for 30 years for the most consecutive wins and being the most winningest pitcher in ALL divisions of softball in 2023
                          Last edited by WT_TKW; 02-02-2024, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Tyler did sign a good freshman pitcher from Sulpher Springs.

Comment

I tried for about 30 minutes to watch the feed. Random blurry pictures and error messages was all I got. I have fast internet and tried with Android and iOS. Good luck if you decide to try.

Live stars don't work either. What a train wreck. I'm embarrassed for the LSC.
                              Last edited by WT_TKW; 02-02-2024, 04:52 PM.

Comment

I tried for about 30 minutes to watch the feed. Random blurry pictures and error messages was all I got. I have fast internet and tried with Android and iOS. Good luck if you decide to try.

Live stars don't work either. What a train wreck. I'm embarrassed for the LSC.
                                I believe it's an RMAC sponsored event and they are responsible for the video. I had the same experience.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X