Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
    I know many of you have been dying to learn more about softball. Here goes!

The new WT roster is up. We are fortunate to have Diana Murtha returning at 3rd base. I thought she used up all her eligibility last year.

A couple of transfers will hopefully help plug the holes left by graduating seniors. Several freshmen sound promising as well.
    This team is looking good... great to see another National champ

Comment

The first game against UTPB is underway as live stats are updating. However the video of the game isn't working. Does this stuff work anywhere outside of Canyon?

Update: Live stats worked for ONE at bat. Now it's dead just like the video feed.

A kid with a cell phone could do better work than this.
      Last edited by WT_TKW; 02-24-2024, 01:17 PM.

Comment

The first game against UTPB is underway as live stats are updating. However the video of the game isn't working. Does this stuff work anywhere outside of Canyon?

Update: Live stats worked for ONE at bat. Now it's dead just like the video feed.

A kid with a cell phone could do better work than this.
        I'm in Ft.Worth at our daughter's place. On her wifi. I'm getting stats just fine. WT 3-0 top of 6th. Buffs have 3 unearned runs.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

I'm in Ft.Worth at our daughter's place. On her wifi. I'm getting stats just fine. WT 3-0 top of 6th. Buffs have 3 unearned runs.
          The stats have come and gone. WT won the first game 7-0, at least that was the last update.

They have twisted the right 2 wires together for the second game. No sound, but at least it's live, though poor quality. WT has a couple of more unearned runs in the top of the first.

Comment

WT is leading 10-0 in the top of the 4th.

Comment

Lady Buff SB crushed UT-Permian, 26-0 in three games. No errors. Solid hitting. Excellent pitching. A good recipe.

Comment

The Lady Buffs swept MSU by the combined score of 38-5, but came really close to losing the third game. I was impressed with their coach, who was able to motivate her team to play much better in the final game even though they had been hammered by a combined 30-2 in the first two games. Maybe we should hire her to talk to our football team.

The MSU pitcher had held WT to 2 runs until the 7th inning when Murtha hit a solo homer to tie the game up. The pitcher was replaced briefly by one with >14 ERA, who walked a lot of batters. So WT ended up winning 8-3 despite committing 3 errors, which doubled their season output.

For the year, WT has 1 loss, and MSU has 2 wins. WT has won all their conference games, while MSU has lost all of theirs.

Comment

I know many of you have been dying to learn more about softball. Here goes!

The new WT roster is up. We are fortunate to have Diana Murtha returning at 3rd base. I thought she used up all her eligibility last year.

A couple of transfers will hopefully help plug the holes left by graduating seniors. Several freshmen sound promising as well.
                  Love it WT Softball is a gem for WT

Comment

WT Softball is a gem for WT. Would love to see another NC , they are a fun group to watch play.

Comment

It's clear, that in the early going, Wt is the class of the Lone Star.
                      A lot of SoftBall left. The girls are really playing well.
                      The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
                        It's clear, that in the early going, Wt is the class of the Lone Star.
                        A lot of SoftBall left. The girls are really playing well.
                        Sweeping Tyler was very impressive though Boyer almost let one game get away. The rest of the teams we have faced haven't been that good.

Some of the new players do seem to be coming around. It looks like Grainger has taken over left field despite being a catcher. Right field is still in flux. The new relief pitcher Mandell is improving rapidly. Moreno is also improving at 2nd base, but I REALLY miss McConnell.

I hope Valforte can return to form as a power hitter; she could be an amazing DP.

Comment

WT has been playing sloppily recently but are still winning all the series. Today all 3 of our pitchers were hammered by always difficult St Mary’s. Each team had 11 hits but WT had 3 errors as well.

WT trailed by 8-2 at one point only to prevail in the 7th on a 3 run walkoff home run. I’m sure it was fun to watch but the opposition is only a little above .500 and the pitcher we beat is 3-6.

Have any of you had any issues watching the games online? I’ve not been able to watch in the last 2 weeks and they don’t understand why. It’s true I’m on a ship but it worked once. Today they gave me a refund and told me to watch it in the app next time.

Comment

WT has been playing sloppily recently but are still winning all the series. Today all 3 of our pitchers were hammered by always difficult St Mary’s. Each team had 11 hits but WT had 3 errors as well.

WT trailed by 8-2 at one point only to prevail in the 7th on a 3 run walkoff home run. I’m sure it was fun to watch but the opposition is only a little above .500 and the pitcher we beat is 3-6.

Have any of you had any issues watching the games online? I’ve not been able to watch in the last 2 weeks and they don’t understand why. It’s true I’m on a ship but it worked once. Today they gave me a refund and told me to watch it in the app next time.
                            I watched from home. It was a perfect broadcast. No hiccups whatsoever. Of course I'm in my home theater and have a top-line router, mesh wifi, and great fiber optic internet.

I had to chuckle when the Lady Buffs came back to score 8 runs in the last 2 innings to win after scoring 6 in the bottom of the 7th 1st game to win, 7-6. In the post-game interview, Mook said he told the team sometimes you just have to find a way to win when you're not playing your best.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

I watched from home. It was a perfect broadcast. No hiccups whatsoever. Of course I'm in my home theater and have a top-line router, mesh wifi, and great fiber optic internet.

I had to chuckle when the Lady Buffs came back to score 8 runs in the last 2 innings to win after scoring 6 in the bottom of the 7th 1st game to win, 7-6. In the post-game interview, Mook said he told the team sometimes you just have to find a way to win when you're not playing your best.
                              He’s a very good coach, no doubt about that. However playoffs aren’t that far off and they need to become the well oiled machine they were during their last Natty season.

Moreno continues to improve at 2nd but she’s still no McConnell. The left field is played well by Granger except when she’s catching, then left field is not played that well. Granger has really improved since last year and has become one of the best players on the team.

Since the LSC has switched to the new vendor, I’m not able to watch games on my TV directly. On the ship I’m unable to login, but everything else works fine, and I can even watch Netflix when the seas aren’t too rough. HUDL sends nice apologetic emails but that’s the extent of their help.

Comment

He’s a very good coach, no doubt about that. However playoffs aren’t that far off and they need to become the well oiled machine they were during their last Natty season.

Moreno continues to improve at 2nd but she’s still no McConnell. The left field is played well by Granger except when she’s catching, then left field is not played that well. Granger has really improved since last year and has become one of the best players on the team.

Since the LSC has switched to the new vendor, I’m not able to watch games on my TV directly. On the ship I’m unable to login, but everything else works fine, and I can even watch Netflix when the seas aren’t too rough. HUDL sends nice apologetic emails but that’s the extent of their help.
                                I stream the game from my MacBook to the Apple TV app.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X