Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oldbuff View Post
    UT-Tyler made it the D2 World Series. Lady Buffs could have been there. Blew it. Didnโ€™t play well at a crucial time.
    UT-Tyler has won their first two games of the softball world series and was given a 2 seed.

What might have been for the WT softball team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

UT-Tyler has won their first two games of the softball world series and was given a 2 seed.

What might have been for the WT softball team.
      Mook needs better pitching. A real stopper. Like Goff for Tyler was. A girl that can win 40 for you, Neither Boyer nor Voertherms are that pitcher. Goff was a 10. Mooks girls are a solid 7/8. Good enough to get you to regionals but not Elite 8. I don't see them suddenly becoming 10s next season.
      Last edited by BuffaloChip; 05-22-2024, 10:57 AM.

Comment

• I think the Lady Buffs goal this year was to beat Tyler. They did so in 4 games, including the blow out win in the LSC tournament. Then they relaxed. The focus they displayed against Tyler was not seen against OCU.

Mook is sold on Boyer who IS very good but he overuses her. In 2021 he won it all rotating Kyra Lair and Emilee Wilson, plus a great defense and a few good hitters. Putting it all on Boyer didnโ€™t work last year or this year and wonโ€™t work next year either. Supposedly we have another good pitcher on the way but will the Coach use her?

Comment

• UT-Tyler has advanced to the Championship game against Western Washington.

They blew them away 10-1 earlier in the tournament so looks likely they will be raising that championship trophy this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
            UT-Tyler has advanced to the Championship game against Western Washington.

They blew them away 10-1 earlier in the tournament so looks likely they will be raising that championship trophy this weekend.
            You are correct sir. Tyler also defeated Western Washington 3-0, and is currently ahead 10-1 in the top of the 7th. Congratulations to UT Tyler for winning it all.

Comment

• UT-Tyler deserved to win. They lost 8 games this season and 4 of them were to the Lady Buffs. They peaked at the right time while the Lady Buffs folded.

Comment

• Originally posted by oldbuff View Post
                UT-Tyler deserved to win. They lost 8 games this season and 4 of them were to the Lady Buffs. They peaked at the right time while the Lady Buffs folded.
                Except for the 8-0 loss to WT in the LSC tournament, Tyler had not lost since March. They have 4 pitchers with ERAs below 2.

I hope Mook has some good recruiting leads because we lost a lot of seniors.

Comment

• Doc Espinoza

ยท
                  Texas Softball was represented at every level of College Softball in the Championship game.
                  Division 1: University of Texas
                  Division 2: UT Tyler Champs
                  Division 3: East Texas Baptist Champs
                  NJCAA: McLennan Softball 2nd Place
                  NAIA: Our Lady of The Lake Softball Champs
                  Tell me Texas Softball is growing without telling me Texas Softball is growing. Throw the division out and play ball. Stop worrying about this or that and go compete.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X