Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corey Hogue: Inside the feud between UTPB and Texas A&M-Kingsville

Some of this I knew, but yikes. 😬 No idea why a coach would need to lie on another man AND fabricate a text to motivate his players to win a game.

From a supposed text message before the RV Fun Town Heritage Bowl to allegations of NCAA misconduct, here is the inside story of how the feud between UTPB and Texas A&M-Kingsville became the talk of the Lone Star Conference.

That is mild compared to what went on in the 60s and 70s. Lot's of bad blood and intense rivalries back then.

Comment

And they're mean to kids, and dogs, and old people.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
        That is mild compared to what went on in the 60s and 70s. Lot's of bad blood and intense rivalries back then.
        I’m sure. LOL Just seems so weird to create a fake text. And assume these young men wouldn’t be bold enough to say anything to the person you lied on.

Comment

I find it interesting that in the 15 seasons I've followed LSC football, I've never heard of anything like this happening before. So, it's either Salinas or McCullough or both. And we don't need that cr@p around the LSC.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
            I find it interesting that in the 15 seasons I've followed LSC football, I've never heard of anything like this happening before. So, it's either Salinas or McCullough or both. And we don't need that cr@p around the LSC.
            Sounds like Salinas didn't keep some of his assistant coaches on a short enough leash.

It sounds like Mike Salinas tried his best to end things last season but apparently McCullough didn't want to let things go. Honestly McCullough needs to get some thicker skin. College football is a rough world and the LSC is no exception.
            ​​​​​​
            But Kingsville could use some more discipline. They have gotten a fair amount of unsportsmanlike conduct penalties this season. And the fact that they went 0-5 at the end of last season after starting 7-0 shows some likely discipline issues exist. Plus, the whole thing of several players approaching McCullough and cussing at him is a major lapse in discipline. If McCullough supposedly talking trash offended them, then beat his team.
            Last edited by TAMUK09; 10-05-2023, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TAMUK09 View Post

Sounds like Salinas didn't keep some of his assistant coaches on a short enough leash.

It sounds like Mike Salinas tried his best to end things last season but apparently McCullough didn't want to let things go. Honestly McCullough needs to get some thicker skin. College football is a rough world and the LSC is no exception.
              ​​​​​​
              But Kingsville could use some more discipline. They have gotten a fair amount of unsportsmanlike conduct penalties this season. And the fact that they went 0-5 at the end of last season after starting 7-0 shows some likely discipline issues exist. Plus, the whole thing of several players approaching McCullough and cussing at him is a major lapse in discipline. If McCullough supposedly talking trash offended them, then beat his team.
              I agree. I’ve seen some Kingsville player encounters that were off putting even for football. No way should they be comfortable confronting a head coach. I think it was more players and assistant coaches than Salinas. The school has a great legacy and (in my opinion) is much better than this. Hopefully he addresses this internally.

McCullough may need thicker skin but I understand taking it personal if someone attacks your character. Especially considering that fake text could have gotten around at a time when he was coming in to recruit and coach in the very conference he was accused of insulting. As for the violations - sounds like a pissed off player gaslighting a staff that lost their recruiting coordinator along with many of his prospects that were initially headed to TAMUK.

It’s all a little petty in my view hopefully it’s been truly put to rest.

Comment

Originally posted by BoosterMom View Post

I agree. I’ve seen some Kingsville player encounters that were off putting even for football. No way should they be comfortable confronting a head coach. I think it was more players and assistant coaches than Salinas. The school has a great legacy and (in my opinion) is much better than this. Hopefully he addresses this internally.

McCullough may need thicker skin but I understand taking it personal if someone attacks your character. Especially considering that fake text could have gotten around at a time when he was coming in to recruit and coach in the very conference he was accused of insulting. As for the violations - sounds like a pissed off player gaslighting a staff that lost their recruiting coordinator along with many of his prospects that were initially headed to TAMUK.

It’s all a little petty in my view hopefully it’s been truly put to rest.
                I think McCullough is young and just filled with p!ss & vinegar. He'll smooth out as ge gets a little older.

For now, he's doing just fine.

Comment

This reads as there’s a whooooole lotta growing up to do. All around.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X