Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder what Lamar Jackson's GPA was? Despite his failure yesterday, he should still be in the running for MVP.

In my mind, GPAs are about choices. If someone wants to have a 4.0 they had better cut back on the fun. I don't think it's my business what the players' GPAs are, but I am proud that we have had MDs come from WT softball (Blaskowski) and football (Carthel). That blows me away, considering how much time they spend practicing, with a curriculum that has a lot of labs.

Comment

Hard-fought road wins by both the Lady Buffs and the Buffs at Angelo. Lady Buffs seem to be playing much better recently and the Buffs are showing that they may be a very special team.

Comment

Will the real Lady Buffs please stand up??

The ASU game shows how good this team can be - I just hope it's not too late.

BTW - Jayla Burgess started her 100th game as a Lady Buff.
        The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
          Will the real Lady Buffs please stand up??

The ASU game shows how good this team can be - I just hope it's not too late.

BTW - Jayla Burgess started her 100th game as a Lady Buff.
          I’ve been to all of ASU men and women Saturday home games.
          Yesterday’s game was by far the worst game I have seen the women play.

Not taking anything away from WT. They seemed steady the whole game.
          RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
          Delta State University, GSC

Comment

As buffalobill said, the WT men may be a very special team. They have all the elements to go a long way.
            The Lady Buffs look like they will make the LSC tourney. TOs are their nemesis. They will probably need to win the LSC tourney to advance to the regional. I would like to see that happen but I doubt it will.
            Last edited by oldbuff; 02-11-2024, 07:47 AM.

Comment

In the South Central region, there are currently 12 teams that have better conference records than the Lady Buffs. So winning the LSC tournament is imperative if they want to advance to the 8 team regional.

Comment

Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post
                I’ve been to all of ASU men and women Saturday home games.
                Yesterday’s game was by far the worst game I have seen the women play.

Not taking anything away from WT. They seemed steady the whole game.
                For me, it's hard to get a read when I'm not at a game in person.
                Looked like the difference in the game was the defensive intensity of Wt to start the second half.
                Neither team shot the ball well. For once TO did not hurt Wt.
                To be honest, no one in the LSC can win when you only score 6 points in a quarter.

Comment

Originally posted by oldbuff View Post
                  As buffalobill said, the WT men may be a very special team. They have all the elements to go a long way.
                  The Lady Buffs look like they will make the LSC tourney. TOs are their nemesis. They will probably need to win the LSC tourney to advance to the regional. I would like to see that happen but I doubt it will.
                  And the Buffs, down by 11 at the half, slipped past Angelo without the "real" Larry Wise on the floor for his typical 34 minutes. Wise sustained a very hard hit early in the game and only returned for a couple minutes in the 1st half and for limited minutes in the 2nd half before an obvious "not Larry Wise" fouled out. Wise only scored 6 points after averaging 30 in his last two outings. Also, the Buffs went 29/42 from the line, an uncharacteristic %. Soph PG Ahmed Mohammed had a career high 25. He's a keeper. Probable LSC Freshman of the year Kieran Elliott had 21.

The regular season end back-to-back LCU games are looking very interesting.

Comment

For me, it's hard to get a read when I'm not at a game in person.
                    Looked like the difference in the game was the defensive intensity of Wt to start the second half.
                    Neither team shot the ball well. For once TO did not hurt Wt.
                    To be honest, no one in the LSC can win when you only score 6 points in a quarter.
                    You’re right about the defensive intensity. The lady Buffs defense came to play. Though, I still think shooting was the biggest factor, especially from three. Shots weren’t falling for the Rambelles.

ASU
                    - FG: 32.3%
                    - 3PT: 18.8%. 3/16

WT
                    - FG: 37.5%
                    - 3PT: 33.3%. 9/27

It was the worst shooting I’ve seen from the ASU women.

RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
                    Delta State University, GSC

Comment

WT basketball teams are in a free fall collapse.

WT men's have lost 3 out of 4 including the opening round of the LSC tournament to #8 seed Cameron.

This will likely cost them hosting a regional.

WT women get swept by LCU and will likely get put out of their misery today against Tyler.

Lets hope the Men can get it back together in regionals.

If not on to baseball and softball we go much sooner than usual.

Comment

I’m a big Tom Brown fan, but I felt this 1st Round LSC loss was a real possibility after the last home game against LCU. The team hadn’t been playing well (2 games earlier lost to St Edwards, then barely got by LCU in Lubbock). I felt the team really needed to play strong at against LCU in the last game of the regular season. But where was the head coach? He wasn’t at the game. I’m assuming he went to Wichita Falls to watch his son play in the Regional Finals. Meanwhile WT never led against LCU, was totally out coached and beaten much worse than the final score indicated. What kind of signal does this send to the players, who are playing to retain their top regional ranking and go into the postseason with a confident attitude? If it is true that that Brown thought he didn’t need to be there, and McBroom signed off on it, that tells me a lot about the culture in the WT athletic department. And it pisses me off.

Comment

Coach Gove filled in for Coach Brown last season for the ENMU game in Portales when Coach Brown had COVID. He did a great job filling in relative to being actively engaged with the player’s, making adjustments and the team won handily that night.

Last Saturday against LCU was not a repeat performance by Coach Gove. He did not do much coaching during lulls in play and time-outs.

Not having Larry Wise available for most of the 2nd half did not help nor did WT’s inability to contain Duncan from scoring from anywhere and #’s 0 and 1 from driving for layups.

Did not watch the Cameron game on Live Stats. WT shoot the ball poorly in the 2nd half and Cameron was able to penetrate with layups all game and shot well in the 2nd half.

in the Regional next week, WT will need to improve their defense in order to win and advance.

Regarding Coach Brown missing Saturday’s game, he had two son’s playing in a Regional final for a berth in the State Final 4. While I wish he was in Canyon coaching, I respect he put his family first and went to Wichita Falls. It is important for a parent to to present and engaged in the big moments of their children’s lives.

Comment

Looks like WT was able to secure the #1 seed in the region and host again despite losing 3 out of their last 4 games. This should make the RMAC folks happy again.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
                              Looks like WT was able to secure the #1 seed in the region and host again despite losing 3 out of their last 4 games. This should make the RMAC folks happy again.
                              As you well know, it's a formula that determines the seeding. The seeding was earned on the court.

Comment

As you well know, it's a formula that determines the seeding. The seeding was earned on the court.
                                Hey I am happy with it.

Just saying Ft. Lewis swept Colorado Mesa for 2 of their 3 losses and they won their conference tournament with a 28-3 final record with one bad road loss.

Might be a stretch to say WT earned it losing 3 out of 4 down the stretch that included 2 non tournaments teams, a home loss, and a first round exit of the LSC tournament.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X