Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought Lady Buffs played well against a surprisingly tough Tx International. International had a really good big body inside. I think she had 25 points and 7 boards. Our post Thaback had 15 and 15. The defense is staring to play together. Progress.

The first half of the WT men's game looked like WW 3. That was maybe the most physical half of basketball I've seen a Tom Brown team have to play. The refs absolutely let them fight it out. It was hand-to-hand combat with the CB's blasting the WRs across the middle. I think International had 6 fouls at the half and WT 5. The Buffs can play that type of game when called for. Off course the 2nd half was called by a different ref crew. Ha! Wt held International to 45 points scoring 71 for the good guys.

The men head for Vegas to play a very very tough Colorado Mesa team, 7-1, with quality wins against quality opponents. Mesa's only loss was by 5 to Dallas Baptist. in the 1st game of the year. They've beaten St. Eds, Kingsville, TAMI, Metro, Mines, Springs, and Regis. A big strong team. Ranked #15 nationally. Also playing Rogers State.

Wife and I are heading out for Vegas Saturday to watch the action.
    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 12-15-2023, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Might have been a letdown from that huge road win at LCU. ;)
      LCU had 24 TO
      The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

WT Lady Buffs defeated #16 Montana State - Billings 59-58. They have now defeated the #12 & #16 ranked teams in the nation.
        They finished the Daytona Beach-Shootout 2-0. They defeated LSC member St. Mary's in the second game.
        The men play #8 Colorado Mesa in the opening game of the High Desert tournament in Las Vegas. This will be a good test for the Buffs.

Comment

WT men won a good one tonight against Rogers State, 108-100 in OT. Buffs led most of the way by 10+. Rogers extended it by making some hellacious 3's and forced the Buffs to turn it over down the stretch. Buffs hit the break, 10-1
          Last edited by BuffaloChip; 12-22-2023, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Looks like the men will be at least a sweet 16 team, maybe better.
            IMHO, the women look like the round of 32 will be a good year for them.

Looking down the road a bit, January 11 against ASU looks to be a big match-up for both teams.
            Last edited by Great White Buffalo; 12-22-2023, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
              Looks like the men will be at least a sweet 16 team, maybe better.
              IMHO, the women look like the round of 32 will be a good year for them.

Looking down the road a bit, January 11 against ASU looks to be a big match-up for both teams.
              Men have to get over the Midwestern at Wichita Falls jinx first. For some reason, the Buffs struggle in that gym.

Comment

Big game for the men on Thursday.

#10 ASU @ #4 Wt. Should be a great game. For those not following basketball - those are national rankings.

Women's game should be good also.
                Last edited by Great White Buffalo; 01-09-2024, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Great White Buffalo, are you still on board for the Lady Buffs to be a Round of 32 team this season?

This Team is not effective with the offense being run. There is a lot of dribbling, no effective ball movement and a high number of turnovers.

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

Ask UIW about that, Tech just beat them (women) by 40. I'm sure that was fun.
                    Since UIW made the final four in FCS football last year I dont think they are too concerned yet about the secondary sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayman View Post
                      Great White Buffalo, are you still on board for the Lady Buffs to be a Round of 32 team this season?

This Team is not effective with the offense being run. There is a lot of dribbling, no effective ball movement and a high number of turnovers.
                      Turnovers are the core problem IMHO. Wt has the ability to get to the round of 32. Coach refers to the offence as a 3D offence. Drive - Draw - Dish. The turnovers really hurt the system.
                      The LSC appears to be improved on the Women's side. LCU defeated UTPB in Lubbock, there were 15 lead changes. Much closer than before. WT will need to play better to get the round of 32.
                      We need to remember Wt is still a young team, only 1 Sr.

Comment

#4 WT men beat #10 Angelo State Thursday night, 88-73. WT men out-toughed a very good Angelo bunch coached by long-time Rick Cooper WT asst and partial year WT HC, Vinay Patel. Lubbock Trinity freshman, Kieran Elliot 6'7 220, had a career night with 25 points and 9 boards. He's a stud. With additional Aussie freshmen Noah Pagoda and Isaac Ayoubi blending in with seniors Larry Wise, Ryland Holt, and Zach Toussaint, and sophomore PG Ahmed Mahommed, I can see Toms' team building toward a great finish. Again. As a WT BB fan who's been at nearly every home home game since 1968 (minus 2 years laid up with paralysis-watched online) Tom Brown is the best WT coach I've had the pleasure t watch. That incudes former WT/Tx Tech HC Mark Adams and WT's Rick Cooper-no offense to them please.

The LSC West is far tougher this year than the East. Besides WT and Angelo, Lubbock Christian, Eastern NM, and UTPB all have 10 wins or more so far. WT plays a good UTPB squad, 10-4, today in Canyon.
                        Last edited by BuffaloChip; 01-13-2024, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                          #4 WT men beat #10 Angelo State Thursday night, 88-73. WT men out-toughed a very good Angelo bunch coached by long-time Rick Cooper WT asst and partial year WT HC, Vinay Patel. Lubbock Trinity freshman, Kieran Elliot 6'7 220, had a career night with 25 points and 9 boards. He's a stud. With additional Aussie freshmen Noah Pagoda and Isaac Ayoubi blending in with seniors Larry Wise, Ryland Holt, and Zach Toussaint, and sophomore PG Ahmed Mahommed, I can see Toms' team building toward a great finish. Again. As a WT BB fan who's been at nearly every home home game since 1968 (minus 2 years laid up with paralysis-watched online) Tom Brown is the best WT coach I've had the pleasure t watch. That incudes former WT/Tx Tech HC Mark Adams and WT's Rick Cooper-no offense to them please.

The LSC West is far tougher this year than the East. Besides WT and Angelo, Lubbock Christian, Eastern NM, and UTPB all have 10 wins or more so far. WT plays a good UTPB squad, 10-4, today in Canyon.
                          How did the Lady Buffs do?

Comment

The Lady Buffs lost to ASU and UTPB and looked bad doing it. This is the first time the Lady Buffs have lost two consecutive LSC games since 2017.. It appears that not only are they “not on the same page” as GWB said, they’re not even in the same book. If things don’t improve soon, they will certainly not be in the regional tournament and they will be lucky to make the LSC tourney.

The Buffs, on the other hand, continue to impress. Total team effort with balanced scoring and rebounding. Fun to watch!

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

How did the Lady Buffs do?
                              Poorly. I expect a HC change at season's end. That's about it in a nutshell.

Comment

Buffs beat a good UTPB team yesterday 77-69. I'm continued to be impressed with the strength of the LSC West competition. Some very talented men's basketball teams. LCU beat Angelo by 4 at home.

WT goes on the road next week. Western NM shouldn't be a problem, but Eastern NM will be on Saturday. ENM is 10-4 overall and 6-2 in conference. They are big and physical. And they have been very difficult to beat at home. The Buffs will need to play one of there best games of the year to come out with a win against the Greyhounds.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X