Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Your Augustana on upset alert holds some merit, but not much. Augie's loss to Wayne in a driving snowstorm, with 3 inches on the ground. AU produced 289yds of offense Wayne had 20. You can read the stats yourself.
    Football vs Wayne State on 10/28/2023 - Box Score - Augustana University Athletics (goaugie.com)
    Augustana has not lost to Northern St. since 2003
    Vikings beat then #4 Minnesota St. Mankato a traditional D2 powerhouse 28-10 their only loss in dominating fashion.
    Augustana at home, certainly could lose to Bemidji in 2 weeks. Bemidji lost to MN. St Mankato on their homecoming 27-24 denying the Beavers their homecoming traditional jump into beautiful lake Bemidji about 200 yards from the football field. Only the hands of time will tell.
    I get it. Tarleton suffered the same fate in a semi final game a few years ago having the game in hand until a snowstorm hit up in Minnesota in the middle of the game.

I was on the Augustana bandwagon last year and they fell apart at the end of the season.

Northern State beat Wayne State this year and beat WInona and Minnesota state last year.

This is a classic trap game before the Bemidji game and its Northern's senior day.

Good luck and hope you guys win out to see how good your team is in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Pueblo really doesnt have a good "win" except for Midwestern State.

Angelo has beaten Kingsville and a decent West Alabama team that upset West Florida and most likely will finish 6-5.
      For sure, I don't think they or Angelo deserve a playoff spot but do think either could beat whoever ends up the 2 seed. They both just didn't do what they needed to avoid that 3rd loss.

Comment

Agreed!! Same situation with the Texas Rangers for me. I will probably be worm food or an asteroid strike the next time they get to a world series much less win it. If WT gets to that situation I will travel for every game.
        I was able to go to every single Pueblo game, home or away, from 2011-2015. Who knows how many total games I've been to while supporting my dad while he coached at various places but I sure do miss it now that he has retired! It has been real nice since then to get to watch a ton of D2 around the country though.
        Last edited by Turbonium; 11-01-2023, 06:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

For sure, I don't think they or Angelo deserve a playoff spot but do think either could beat whoever ends up the 2 seed. They both just didn't do what they needed to avoid that 3rd loss.
          My thoughts exactly.

Even though Western Colorado will most likely finish 10-1, I think they are extremely vulnerable to an upset by a #7.

They looked awful in that Mines game but Mines does that to everyone in the region.

I have a feeling ASU will be left out and the loser of UTPB/CW will make that trip to Western Colorado.

Comment

My thoughts exactly.

Even though Western Colorado will most likely finish 10-1, I think they are extremely vulnerable to an upset by a #7.

They looked awful in that Mines game but Mines does that to everyone in the region.

I have a feeling ASU will be left out and the loser of UTPB/CW will make that trip to Western Colorado.
            They don't deserve a spot. You have to win. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

They don't deserve a spot. You have to win. Period.
              Agreed but Pueblo didn't either last year. If the NSIC teams cant close it out then Angelo State should get that last spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

I was able to go to every single Pueblo game, home or away, from 2011-2015. Who knows how many total games I've been to while supporting my dad while he coached at various places but I sure do miss it now that he has retired! It has been real nice since then to get to watch a ton of D2 around the country though.
                I went to watch CWU get demolished by NWMSU in the 2021 playoffs. It was fun to see one of D2s most storied football programs.

Had to fly to that game, though. Western Colorado area is almost in driving distance. We'll see what happens.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X