X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TAMUK09
    replied
    Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post

I will never forget the first time I went to the old Arlington Stadium. For $5 I sat behind home plate and from that day on I was hooked on the Texas Rangers and Colt 45s became my second favorite team. . Win or lose I watch the Rangers every chance I get. We make 3/4 series every year. The old Globe Life was a huge step up from Arlington Stadium but the new Globe Life is great. I have been to 12 MLB parks and it is head and shoulder above the rest as a BASEBALL park.

The venue is never as important as the game on the field.
    I remember when the old Globe Life Park opened up in 1994. I turned 11 that summer and was a huge Rangers fan for several years at that point.

They didn't have a sponsor for the stadium at that point so it was just called The Ballpark in Arlington. It was a beautiful ballpark. In my opinion, it was nicer than the new Globe Life Park. The fact that it didn't have a dome and didn't have air conditioning didn't bother me. If I wasn't at a Rangers game, I would have been outside in the heat running around with my friends. So I never minded the heat for a mid-summer night game. At least back then all of the home games from about May 1 to September 15 were night games because of the heat if I remember correctly.

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied
    Originally posted by SPWOU View Post

Never said your numbers were wrong. I said WEAK analysis. Anyone can pull up stats from one year to the next and say the number went up or down. That’s no analysis which would be the why behind the numbers.
    Who said anything about "analysis". I was pointing out the COMPARISON between the two. Nothing more, nothing less.

Again....#'s do not lie.

Leave a comment:

• SPWOU
    replied
    Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

#'s don't lie. The running game improved...the passing did not. FACTS. Am I wrong? Are the #'s wrong?

No knock on your kid, bro. I suggest getting thicker skin Dad.
    Never said your numbers were wrong. I said WEAK analysis. Anyone can pull up stats from one year to the next and say the number went up or down. That’s no analysis which would be the why behind the numbers.

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied
    Originally posted by SPWOU View Post

Weak analysis Pops, you’re better than that. Same QB does not equal same team. See my in depth analysis in response to tsull.
    WOU had improved record with new QB from ‘21 to ‘22 with a more difficult schedule, their record improved significantly and it can’t be attributed to QB play. It can be attributed to changes in defense and passing game.
    #'s don't lie. The running game improved...the passing did not. FACTS. Am I wrong? Are the #'s wrong?

No knock on your kid, bro. I suggest getting thicker skin Dad.

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied
    Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

And that is where you missed your ship hanging out at the bus station.

I am a Texas Tech football fan. That alone should dismiss your thoughts about a fair weather fan.

I am still a Texas Rangers fan just don’t follow them or baseball in general for that matter anymore.

so long suffering I am well aware of.

I am an effort guy. As long as I see effort I’m all in no matter the outcome.

What you get the Cowboys is a political circus and whatever soap opera Jones can create to keep him in the spotlight. The attention whore will never hire a REAL HC because the show is all about him.

Would love to see how many pressers he has had compared to other owners.

Winning and effort are lost in all the side shows created.

He has proven he doesn’t care about winning unless all the accolades are bestowed upon him.

So, while fans have visions of grandeur of another Super Bowl Jerry is running interference in the background. He just can’t get out of the way.

I assume the reason most folks like myself watch sports teams is the hope of winning a championship.

To JJ, that is secondary and he and his ego are above all else.

TBH, Sundays are quite enjoyable without all of that drama.

You do you and maybe in another decade or so you can rub a Cowboys championship in my face. Until then Rip Van Winkle is snoring comfortably. Peace out Brother

Yeah, I have none of that. I enjoybthe h3ll out of my football Sunday. Sorry you have so much animosity built up. Must really suck!

You see, if you understand professional football, you know it's hard getting to and winning a Super Bowl. I am glad we have 5 wins (only 2 teams of 32 have mote) and we have been to the Super Bowl 8 times. Less than a handful of the 32 teams can even say that.

So.....yeah, I am a very happy camper!

As you say.....you do you champ.

Leave a comment:

• SPWOU
    replied

I think the team underperformed compared to '22. You have the same QB.

Your passing game went from 216 avg/g in '22 to 163 avg/g in '23. Total offense from 365 avg/g in '22 to 327 avg/g in '23. But what is noticeable is the running game improved from 148 avg/g in '22 to 163.5 avg/g in '23. So, it appears that the passing game decline hurt the WOU offense.

Another noticeable change is defensively. D went from only allowing 84 avg/g rushing in '22 to 130 avg/g in '23 while the passing D remained about the same.

Is Winker returning next year?
    Weak analysis Pops, you’re better than that. Same QB does not equal same team. See my in depth analysis in response to tsull.
    WOU had improved record with new QB from ‘21 to ‘22 with a more difficult schedule, their record improved significantly and it can’t be attributed to QB play. It can be attributed to changes in defense and passing game.
    Last edited by SPWOU; 11-07-2023, 10:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo/Islander Alum
    replied
    I actually can relate to Tsull being miserable following a program that has had little success.

WT was a MAJOR LET DOWN this year. Tech underperformed as usual playing the role of Jeckyll & Hyde. Commerce is a disaster after the coaching change.

Colby Carthel is getting some schooling in D1. People see your talent and your coaching talent and POOF like magic they’re gone. SFA looks as sad as before he got there. They took a monster beat down last night from Tarleton 59-17.

Tarleton sent all four years of transition with a winning record and beat a ranked FCS team.

Anyway, just let you in on a secret TSull FOOTBALL CAN MAKE YOU ABSOLUTELY MISERABLE.

I know first hand being a Cowboys fan under the ownership of Jerry Jones. Finally stop watching after twenty five years actually longer counting before JJ and the political circus it became. At least now I can enjoy Sundays.
    I told a friend of mine that I know, I see the Dallas Cowboys and the NFL as a whole as "sports entertainment".

It lowers my blood pressure and improves my mental sports health.

Until Dak's contract is allowed to expire then the Cowboys will be around a 10-7 team every year with a divisional round ceiling.

He can throw for over 600 yards but get him on a game winning drive against a good team he will take a 10 yard sack with no timeouts or heave a pick into triple coverage.

Leave a comment:

• SPWOU
    replied
    Originally posted by tsull View Post
    Wonder what's happened to Western Oregon this year? We had a pretty good team last year, but this year's team is not very good. I know we lost some key players from last year.

Program needs a reset, I'm not calling for a coaching change, I'm just saying they need to change some things philosophically or something. I've said ad nauseum and I don't want ASU pops coming in here and trashing me, but I think they need to look at going independent. Always keep football but look at something different. The Lone Star is just kicking our butts. Let's make it fun again, this isn't fun.

The difference between last year and this year shouldn’t be a big surprise. It's not as simple as same QB = same team. WOU had a lot of very good players graduate last year, it’s college football after all. Two of their best players this year (Daron Ulrich Jr and Damon Hickock) were hurt in the first quarter of the first conference game of the season @ENMU and were out for the duration. Again, college football, injuries happen to all teams. The turnover from this year to next year is much less significant, good reason to be optimistic.

Players that graduated last year included two All-Americans on defense and on offense WOU’s all-time leading rusher.

By position group last year to this year.

Offense- ppg went from 27 LY to 20 so far this year.
    WR (includes RB receiving yds) - 6 of the top 8 receivers from last year representing 82% of ‘22 receiving yards did not play in ‘23 (as stated above Hickock played part of the first quarter of the first conference game 1 rec for -4 yds). This resulted in a much more run oriented offense this year.

‘22 by production and ‘23 status
    1. Damon Hickock - injured
    2. Thomas Wright - graduated
    3. Marquis Sampson - graduated
    4. London Smalley - returned
    5. Logan Reese - graduated
    6. Keyvaun Eady - returned
    7. Omari Dixon-Land - graduated
    8. Andrew Valladares - graduated

Only one receiver, Shaw Jerome, graduated this year so a lot of players with experience returning next year.

RB
    Omari Dixon-Land, who holds numerous WOU rushing records, including all-time leading rusher graduated. He is now coaching and his younger brother Jermain will be a R-So. next year. Running back by committee this year did a good job of filling the void he left.

Defense - opponent ppg went from 22 LY to 29 so far this year.
    DB
    Joey Sinclair (all-american) and Ryan Minitti (2nd team all-conference) graduated and as mentioned above the best returning player, Daron Ulrich Jr, suffered a compound fracture of his tibia and fibula on the first drive of the ENMU game.

No DBs graduated this year. In addition to Ulrich Jr (7), watch for Xavier Owens (12) and Andrew Simpson (6) next year, a great athlete who was also returning punts at the end of the year. He just needs to stay out of trouble and not get called for unsportsmanlike conduct penalties.

LB
    Jaylin Parnell, ‘22 LSC DPOY graduated, a big void to fill. Isaiah Abraham did a great job this year but graduated so will need someone to step up.

DL
    Minimal change from '22 to '23. Noa Aluesi only graduate this year

OL
    No change from last year to this year. Fernando Salazar, who played sparingly this year due to injury is the only one that graduated this year.
    Last edited by SPWOU; 11-07-2023, 02:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Techster88
    replied

That's because you are much like most fans....like a WT fan (😉)....you are a fan when the team is winning and not just winning but winning championships.

That IS rhe difference between die-hard fans and fugazis.

I LOVE my Boys. I LOVE my Sundays. I LOVE my GameDay rituals. Win or lose. Nobody can take that away, as long as I breathe. Haters, naysayers, etc. don't bother me at all. That's part of the amusement and entertainment of being a fan of the #1 sports organization in the WORLD.

#GOCOWBOYS
    #HOWBOUTDEMBOYS
    #AMERICASTEAM
    #THEWORLDSTEAM
    #IBLEEDBLUEANDSILVER

And that is where you missed your ship hanging out at the bus station.

I am a Texas Tech football fan. That alone should dismiss your thoughts about a fair weather fan.

I am still a Texas Rangers fan just don’t follow them or baseball in general for that matter anymore.

so long suffering I am well aware of.

I am an effort guy. As long as I see effort I’m all in no matter the outcome.

What you get the Cowboys is a political circus and whatever soap opera Jones can create to keep him in the spotlight. The attention whore will never hire a REAL HC because the show is all about him.

Would love to see how many pressers he has had compared to other owners.

Winning and effort are lost in all the side shows created.

He has proven he doesn’t care about winning unless all the accolades are bestowed upon him.

So, while fans have visions of grandeur of another Super Bowl Jerry is running interference in the background. He just can’t get out of the way.

I assume the reason most folks like myself watch sports teams is the hope of winning a championship.

To JJ, that is secondary and he and his ego are above all else.

TBH, Sundays are quite enjoyable without all of that drama.

You do you and maybe in another decade or so you can rub a Cowboys championship in my face. Until then Rip Van Winkle is snoring comfortably. Peace out Brother

Leave a comment:

• AngeloFan
    replied

Yes you are.

For me after decades of being made miserable I just got off that train ride to h3ll with JJ as my conductor. But, you do you and keep hoping for that next championship.

0-17 diehard who accepts being let down repeatedly. Ok, enjoy.

All self inflicted because owner undermines and meddles into things he has no business being in.

As long as he is there expect to be a loser. Almost 30 years with no championships kind of backs me up.

No more Sundays are being ruined by some Lackey HC calling plays hand delivered from JJ. As funny as this sounds it’s factual. I won’t go into detail brut it’s a fact.

The only way I’d watch them again is if JJ becomes the HC or they make it to the SB. Guess I’m off the hook.
    I will never forget the first time I went to the old Arlington Stadium. For $5 I sat behind home plate and from that day on I was hooked on the Texas Rangers and Colt 45s became my second favorite team. . Win or lose I watch the Rangers every chance I get. We make 3/4 series every year. The old Globe Life was a huge step up from Arlington Stadium but the new Globe Life is great. I have been to 12 MLB parks and it is head and shoulder above the rest as a BASEBALL park.

The venue is never as important as the game on the field.

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied

Yes you are.

For me after decades of being made miserable I just got off that train ride to h3ll with JJ as my conductor. But, you do you and keep hoping for that next championship.

All self inflicted because owner undermines and meddles into things he has no business being in.

As long as he is there expect to be a loser. Almost 30 years with no championships kind of backs me up.

No more Sundays are being ruined by some Lackey HC calling plays hand delivered from JJ. As funny as this sounds it’s factual. I won’t go into detail brut it’s a fact.

The only way I’d watch them again is if JJ becomes the HC or they make it to the SB. Guess I’m off the hook.
    That's because you are much like most fans....like a WT fan (😉)....you are a fan when the team is winning and not just winning but winning championships.

That IS rhe difference between die-hard fans and fugazis.

I LOVE my Boys. I LOVE my Sundays. I LOVE my GameDay rituals. Win or lose. Nobody can take that away, as long as I breathe. Haters, naysayers, etc. don't bother me at all. That's part of the amusement and entertainment of being a fan of the #1 sports organization in the WORLD.

#GOCOWBOYS
    #HOWBOUTDEMBOYS
    #AMERICASTEAM
    #THEWORLDSTEAM
    #IBLEEDBLUEANDSILVER

Leave a comment:

• Techster88
    replied

I AM a Cowboys fan. Do or die! I am not and never will be a players fan, GM fan, or owners fan. I BLEED blue and silver. I am loyal to the COWBOYS. To the STAR. Nothing an owner or anyone else can do to make me stop being a Cowboy! We csn be 0-17 every year and I will be just as loyal as if we just won a Super Bowl.

I AM die-hard.
    Yes you are.

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied
    I actually can relate to Tsull being miserable following a program that has had little success.

WT was a MAJOR LET DOWN this year. Tech underperformed as usual playing the role of Jeckyll & Hyde. Commerce is a disaster after the coaching change.

Colby Carthel is getting some schooling in D1. People see your talent and your coaching talent and POOF like magic they’re gone. SFA looks as sad as before he got there. They took a monster beat down last night from Tarleton 59-17.

Tarleton sent all four years of transition with a winning record and beat a ranked FCS team.

Anyway, just let you in on a secret TSull FOOTBALL CAN MAKE YOU ABSOLUTELY MISERABLE.

I know first hand being a Cowboys fan under the ownership of Jerry Jones. Finally stop watching after twenty five years actually longer counting before JJ and the political circus it became. At least now I can enjoy Sundays.
    I AM a Cowboys fan. Do or die! I am not and never will be a players fan, GM fan, or owners fan. I BLEED blue and silver. I am loyal to the COWBOYS. To the STAR. Nothing an owner or anyone else can do to make me stop being a Cowboy! We csn be 0-17 every year and I will be just as loyal as if we just won a Super Bowl.

I AM die-hard.

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied
    Originally posted by tsull View Post

Thanks for the props Techster, football is frustrating. For those who can't use a mouse or don't know how to scroll, it's easy to learn the skill, some tutorials out there on YouTube. I put my name on all my posts, so if you don't want to read my posts, find your mouse and scroll down.

I saw Great White Buffalo go on some stream of consciousness post the other day, I didn't get it. I skipped it after one paragraph. Doesn't mean he's a bad dude, just means I didn't get it and moved on. I picked up a book the other day, after 25 pages, didn't like it and chose another one. We can discuss football how we want on this board, if you don't like it, move along. If Brandon doesn't like what I write, he can tell me. Very simple, unless you make it difficult.
    Stop being passive-aggressive, you BOARD BULLY!!

Just respond to @tav directly. Sheesh.

As far as how people respond to your PUBLIC posts, it's a free country. If you don't like their responses find your mouse and scroll down. But they can respond how they want on this board. If you don't like it, move along. If Brandon doesn't like how they write, he can tell them. Very simple, unless you make it difficult.

Leave a comment:

• cwfenn
    replied
    Originally posted by IronOre View Post

So they're a copy of CWU, except CWU has a kicker?
    Pretty much. Do you have an extra kicker they can borrow?

They’ve actually lost two games because they didn’t have a kicker (they got a transfer who I think is hurt and hasn’t played and the backup isn’t good) and they’ve won two games because the opposing kicker missed chip shots, like the game last week where they won after the opposing kicker missed from 22!

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X