Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

You don't agree the LSC is down this year? This is the best the LSC has to offer? Yikes.
    There is a difference between WEAK and BEST EVER.

I know that the media and social media tries to tell weak-minded people that everything must be at one extreme or another or the Earth will stop rotating and spontaneously de-materialize and end civilization while killing all the adorable animals. But you can use some common sense and realize that is false.

Yes, the conference is not at its strongest point ever. But it wasn't at it's strongest last season either just because your Angelo State had an undefeated regular season and was the only LSC team to make the playoffs. It could even be argued that the conference is on the weaker end of the spectrum this season. But a conference's strength is measured on a spectrum. Just because a conference isn't so weak that no team in the conference stands a chance of winning a playoff game (as some have suggested previously is the current state of the LSC) doesn't mean the conference is at the pinnacle of its success.

The point I was making was that UTPB looks good enough to win a couple playoff games. Despite what people like you have said in the past.

And it looks like two LSC teams are in the playoffs this season compared to one last season. The conference's strength doesn't rise and fall based on the whims of Angelo State and their fans.
    Last edited by TAMUK09; 11-11-2023, 07:46 PM.

Comment

ASU 14-10 halftime

Comment

Originally posted by TAMUK09 View Post

There is a difference between WEAK and BEST EVER.

I know that the media and social media tries to tell weak-minded people that everything must be at one extreme or another or the Earth will stop rotating and spontaneously de-materialize and end civilization while killing all the adorable animals. But you can use some common sense and realize that is false.

Yes, the conference is not at its strongest point ever. But it wasn't at it's strongest last season either just because your Angelo State had an undefeated regular season and was the only LSC team to make the playoffs. It could even be argued that the conference is on the weaker end of the spectrum this season. But a conference's strength is measured on a spectrum. Just because a conference isn't so weak that no team in the conference stands a chance of winning a playoff game (as some have suggested previously is the current state of the LSC) doesn't mean the conference is at the pinnacle of its success.
        The point I was making was that UTPB looks good enough to win a couple playoff games. Despite what people like you have said in the past.

And it looks like two LSC teams are in the playoffs this season compared to one last season. The conference's strength doesn't rise and fall based on the whims of Angelo State and their fans.
        I'm not and never have been an Angelo fan. How are you this confused constantly? I'm sorry, it must be hard.

As far as your media/social media rant, are you feeling okay bruh? It sure doesn't seem like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

I'm not and never have been an Angelo fan. How are you this confused constantly? I'm sorry, it must be hard.

As far as your media/social media rant, are you feeling okay bruh? It sure doesn't seem like it.
          Okay, who is your team then? And don't give some non-committal passive aggressive scam of an answer like ASUPops does.

Fact of the matter is that you and ASUPops are just a couple passive aggressive keyboard warriors who get off on pi$$ing people off. That is obvious based on how fast y'all both go to personal attacks and insulting people's intelligence and mental health when people don't bow down to you and agree with everything you say.

Comment

My thoughts...

1) Colorado Mines
            2) Augustana vs. Minnesota State
            3) UTPB vs. Bemidji State
            4) Western Colorado vs. Central Washington.

Makes economic sense to send the Western Colorado/Central Washington winner to Mines second round.

No where to send or match with UTPB without a flight happening.

Minnesota State wont drop out due to head to head with Wayne and Wayne acting as a blocker H2H to not let Duluth overtake both..

My dark horse picks just to mess with NSIC posters and laugh if it actually happens.

1) Colorado Mines
            2) Augustana vs. Bemidji State
            3) Western Colorado vs. Central Washington
            4) UTPB vs, Angelo State

Comment

ASU 24-13 12:00 4th

Play of the game so far (taking into consideration I missed the second half opening kickoff return for a TD) was a double doink FG by ASU (upright then crossbar).

Comment

Anyone that KNOWS LSC football knows that when you have 3 of your top 4 teams in conference with 3 loses, followed by the remainder of the teams having 6-8 losses it is a down year.....a VERY down/weak year.
                I suppose that if you had three VERY good teams in the same conference, they would have to play one another. Since the strongest teams from different conferences rarely play one another during the season, it's difficult to really assess the conferences too.

Colorado State-Pueblo was ranked #25 by D2Football in the first week of the 2023 season. They have since lost three games -- all to ranked teams. They lost to (currently) #2 Grand Valley State in 2OT. A week later, they lost to (currently) #15 Western Colorado by 16 points. A week after that, they lost to (currently) #1 Colorado School of Mines by 41 points!

Does this mean that the GLIAC (home to Grand Valley State) is a weak conference? After all, they had to go to 2OT against Colorado State-Pueblo. Grand Valley State's only loss came to a team in the RMAC. However, that loss came while playing at #1 Colorado School of Mines in the first game of the season -- and they only lost by a field goal with 2 seconds left!

Consequently, it's kind of difficult to really assess how strong a conference is with such little inter-conference play.

Remember when the Texas A&M University-Kingsville Javelinas played against Brian Kelly's Grand Valley State Lakers (in 2003)? Even as a student, I really thought that the Javelinas and the entire Lone Star Conference were better that year. However, the Lakers marched into Javelina Stadium and never allowed a score after an opening drive Javelina field goal. The Javelinas had a strong defense and a great running game that year. However, the Lakers amassed over 300 yards rushing in that game while holding the Javelinas to under 100 yards rushing. Apparently, the Javelina run defense wasn't a strong as many people thought.

I'm not entirely sure we'll know how "strong" or "weak" any conference is until the playoffs. Even then, it could merely be an issue of matchup (e.g., rushing offense v. rushing defense, passing offense v. passing defense, vice versa, etc.) than an actual barometer for the strength of a conference. Personally, I hope that any LSC team does extremely well in the post-season!

Comment

Winker having another rough second half. Three straight drives ended in picks.

31-13 ASU, 3 minutes left

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
                    Winker having another rough second half. Three straight drives ended in picks.

31-13 ASU, 3 minutes left
                    Decent first half then the second half starts with the kick return for TD followed by three picks.

I must say ASU has the best overall game experience in the conference IMO. Pregame ‘tailgate’ has best food and a concert to boot and their band could go head to head with CWU’s.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronOre View Post
                      I'm just wondering if that loss was bad enough to knock CWU out of the playoffs...
                      SILENCE!

We're on a plane next week, definitely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

LMFAO 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

What a faucking tool! Oh man.....have we EVER had such a clown on D2??? Not in the 14-15 years I have been on the board.

You know what bro? Maybe he is just trolling. That would explain it. Because no way someone is really like this. I mean, right?? 🤷🏽‍♂️

Comment

• When it comes to the last 2-3 years (when I’ve seen these teams), in 2021 there are two contenders (MSU and ASU), but ASU got in and had a good run. ASU dominated late year and had a good run again. This year, it was PB in the ASU role, with CW, ASU, and Kingsville in the second tier and CWU at the top of that tier.

The LSC hasn’t had many playoff chances because they’ve only had one dominant team the last few years and few other LSC teams could stand with the top RMAC teams and the sheer numbers the NSIC has. I wouldn’t exactly count the RMAC as being that deep either since Mines has wiped out everyone including their top competition the last two years. Western is really good, but I’m not sure they would be that excited to play Permian again.

Until someone, anyone, beats Mines, who is good and how many good teams are in each conference doesn’t matter. ASU gave it everything they had and came damn close three out of four times, but Mines still won both times in the playoffs. Can Permian or one of the NSIC teams do it? Couldn’t tell you, but in my opinion Permian is legit and reminds me a lot of Mines from a couple years ago.

Just my two cents. Hoping Angelo can sneak into the number 7 spot and join Permian and CWU, but I don’t know if they’ll make up the gap between them and the NSIC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goods View Post

SILENCE!

We're on a plane next week, definitely.
                            CONGRATS!!!!!

Comment

• Angelo wins 31-13

Comment

• Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
                                Angelo wins 31-13
                                That is what the scoreboard said but WOU played a heck of a game, but as our coach predicted their fat slow guys did poorly in the 4th qtr.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X