Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
    That is what the scoreboard said but WOU played a heck of a game, but as our coach predicted their fat slow guys did poorly in the 4th qtr.
    Well, half a game anyway. :) Congrats on the W.

Comment

• Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
      When it comes to the last 2-3 years (when I’ve seen these teams), in 2021 there are two contenders (MSU and ASU), but ASU got in and had a good run. ASU dominated late year and had a good run again. This year, it was PB in the ASU role, with CW, ASU, and Kingsville in the second tier and CWU at the top of that tier.

The LSC hasn’t had many playoff chances because they’ve only had one dominant team the last few years and few other LSC teams could stand with the top RMAC teams and the sheer numbers the NSIC has. I wouldn’t exactly count the RMAC as being that deep either since Mines has wiped out everyone including their top competition the last two years. Western is really good, but I’m not sure they would be that excited to play Permian again.

Until someone, anyone, beats Mines, who is good and how many good teams are in each conference doesn’t matter. ASU gave it everything they had and came damn close three out of four times, but Mines still won both times in the playoffs. Can Permian or one of the NSIC teams do it? Couldn’t tell you, but in my opinion Permian is legit and reminds me a lot of Mines from a couple years ago.
      I agree!

The LSC has been down/weak for several years now. It's disheartening.

UTPB came out of no where this season. They signed a bunch of good players. Hrncir followed his coach and a few other transfers really put this team over the top. I love the excitement of the young coaching staff. It will be interesting to see how they replace Hrncir and a few others next season.

Several teams in the LSC are in rebuild years. HOPEFULLY, they find their footing SOON.

I am not sure anyone beats Mines. Matocha is unbelievable!!! It will be interesting to see what happens to Mines next season after they lose 38 R-SR. 😳

Comment

• Originally posted by SPWOU View Post

Well, half a game anyway. :) Congrats on the W.
        I didn't see the game, but based on the stats, it seemed dead even with the only differences being 3 INTS by WOU and an ASU KOR for a TD.

Comment

• Inkblot ratings for region 4 after this week’s games:

https://inkblotsports.com/d2stats/2324/mfb/sr4.html

Now we will see tomorrow what the final official rankings are.

Comment

• It’s been a 1 team conference for a while now (regardless of which team)
            Back in the late 2010s, you had Commerce, Midwestern & Tarleton all compete. You had years where atleast 2 teams would go 2 rounds in to the playoffs plus another team win a bowl game. Now, one team in playoffs and none wants to even play a bowl game.
            I hope the conference gets back to being contenders for an NC.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

I didn't see the game, but based on the stats, it seemed dead even with the only differences being 3 INTS by WOU and an ASU KOR for a TD.
              Yup, it felt like WOU was caught on their heels to start the second half and he tried to force some things that weren’t there to get back in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
                That is what the scoreboard said but WOU played a heck of a game, but as our coach predicted their fat slow guys did poorly in the 4th qtr.
                WOU has a lot of big, fat slow guys. Our line has heavyweights who aren't very athletic it's been that way for a while. A few years ago I was at the Western - Central Washington game in Monmouth and I looked at their lines versus ours and the Wildcats were much more fit. They looked really strong and low in body mass. We just looked fat.

Comment

• Originally posted by tsull View Post

WOU has a lot of big, fat slow guys. Our line has heavyweights who aren't very athletic it's been that way for a while. A few years ago I was at the Western - Central Washington game in Monmouth and I looked at their lines versus ours and the Wildcats were much more fit. They looked really strong and low in body mass. We just looked fat.
                  You have really good skill player, Just need to get more athletic linemen.

Comment

• Originally posted by tsull View Post

You may have just broke the code to finding a winning combination. You control the LOS and your chances of winning go up exponentially.

Good Lineman Asst coaches can make or break your season. Doesn't matter what skill position players you have if they eating look out blocks.

Comment

• Congrats to UTPB. I remember a poster coming on the LSC board and praising the new hire HC at UTPB. Said he would be successful and here we are seeing a LSC Championship.

Don't remember the poster and I commented on his age but I stand corrected. His age was not a deterrent.

Comment

• Originally posted by HOGSVRR View Post
                        Hogs recover the kickoff. On on the 2nd play Maskasshoe team gets a person foul. That does it.

Victory formation.

Hogs 27 to 21
                        That makes me happy. Twelve years of losing to Mask******* has ended.

7-3 and being competitive in every game is on the right track. Hopefully next year they break through with playoff birth. Need to focus on offense it appears.
                        Last edited by LSC Fan; 11-12-2023, 09:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

That makes me happy. Twelve years of losing to Mask******* has ended.

7-3 and being competitive in every game is on the right track. Hopefully next year they break through with playoff birth. Need to focus on offense it appears.
                          Definitely a step forward this season. So nice to see the piggies slopping in the mud again. 😊👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Comment

• Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

You may have just broke the code to finding a winning combination. You control the LOS and your chances of winning go up exponentially.

Good Lineman Asst coaches can make or break your season. Doesn't matter what skill position players you have if they eating look out blocks.
                            Someone hire this man immediately! Groundbreaking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Someone hire this man immediately! Groundbreaking.
                              The Peanut Gallery has spoken.

Let it be so!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X