Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Did they guarantee ACs????? That's strange.
    I saw this on Sports Illustrated. It does include about $8 million for AC buyouts, they got to the larger number by looking at all of the upcoming costs for A&M including their new coaches salaries in addition to paying past coaches. It is interesting to note that Jimbo gets paid by A&M without any offset if he takes another job!

from the SI article (https://www.si.com/college/2023/11/1...exas-am-buyout):
    • 25% of his deal, or about $19.25 million, is due in a lump sum within 60 days of effective termination)
    • Another roughly $7 million within 120 days of effective termination (assume today, that means March 11, 2024). This starts his annual clock through the rest of the deal, which lasts through ’31. There are no offsets in the deal if he takes another job.
    • Assistant coaching staff buyout: roughly $8 million
    • Buying out their new coach’s contract from his current school: anything more than about $6 million is considered a high number within the industry
    • That new coach’s Year 1 salary is likely to be around $7 million (about 15th nationally, right between Florida State’s Mike Norvell and Florida’s Billy Napier)
    • The new coach’s assistant salary pool will likely be $8 million
    So, according to these numbers, A&M could be spending around $50 to $55 million in the next six months because of Jimbo’s firing.

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post

I saw this on Sports Illustrated. It does include about $8 million for AC buyouts, they got to the larger number by looking at all of the upcoming costs for A&M including their new coaches salaries in addition to paying past coaches. It is interesting to note that Jimbo gets paid by A&M without any offset if he takes another job!

from the SI article (https://www.si.com/college/2023/11/1...exas-am-buyout):
      • 25% of his deal, or about $19.25 million, is due in a lump sum within 60 days of effective termination)
      • Another roughly $7 million within 120 days of effective termination (assume today, that means March 11, 2024). This starts his annual clock through the rest of the deal, which lasts through ’31. There are no offsets in the deal if he takes another job.
      • Assistant coaching staff buyout: roughly $8 million
      • Buying out their new coach’s contract from his current school: anything more than about $6 million is considered a high number within the industry
      • That new coach’s Year 1 salary is likely to be around $7 million (about 15th nationally, right between Florida State’s Mike Norvell and Florida’s Billy Napier)
      • The new coach’s assistant salary pool will likely be $8 million
      So, according to these numbers, A&M could be spending around $50 to $55 million in the next six months because of Jimbo’s firing.
      SHEESH!!!!

How many Aggies did it take to make these bonehead mistakes? 😉

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

Would you rather have OT: WTAM Bowling team?
        I appreciate this thread topic. Thanks for starting it. It is interesting how a school can fire a coach and still have to pay $77 million.

A&M has too high expectations. The SEC west is the toughest division in football.

Comment

SHEESH!!!!

How many Aggies did it take to make these bonehead mistakes? 😉
          John Sharp and Ross Bjork.... Both should've been fired or in Sharpe's case, forced into retirement.

With the chatter I've been reading, they are gung ho at rinse and repeat with their next hire. I'll just sit back at eat my popcorn like I did with the Jimbo era when I was telling all the Aggies I know they made a boneheaded move when they hired him in the first place. There was a reason the Florida State big cigars didn't try to stop him from leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

John Sharp and Ross Bjork.... Both should've been fired or in Sharpe's case, forced into retirement.

With the chatter I've been reading, they are gung ho at rinse and repeat with their next hire. I'll just sit back at eat my popcorn like I did with the Jimbo era when I was telling all the Aggies I know they made a boneheaded move when they hired him in the first place. There was a reason the Florida State big cigars didn't try to stop him from leaving.
            Preach brother!!!!

Comment

So it’s being reported that the Ags offered Stoops the job and he accepted but the alumni powers were upset. So search continues. What a mess. Texas A&M thinks they are a top tier program but they are an Ole Miss, South Carolina and Michigan State.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockofwesties View Post
                So it’s being reported that the Ags offered Stoops the job and he accepted but the alumni powers were upset. So search continues. What a mess. Texas A&M thinks they are a top tier program but they are an Ole Miss, South Carolina and Michigan State.
                ESPN is reporting they’re going to hire Mike Elko away from Duke:

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...lko-next-coach

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

ESPN is reporting they’re going to hire Mike Elko away from Duke:

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...lko-next-coach
                  Has to be embarrassing for the AD to offer the job thinking you have the authority only to find out a group of boosters will make the decision.

is there a worse job to have than AD for a power conference school?

Comment

That kind of pressure is on ALL coaches AND players at all levels in Texas! It's crazy.
                    I actually think it’s worse at the high school level. In the Eighties a 3A school at the time Daingerfield won a state title while holding all of the other 3A schools in the state scoreless. Since that time until today they expect deep playoff runs or the season is a bust. The people there are unrealistic.

A friend of mine at Carthage has won seven state titles and he is expected to be able to do the same every year. They are 13-0 this year closing in on another title.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

I actually think it’s worse at the high school level. In the Eighties a 3A school at the time Daingerfield won a state title while holding all of the other 3A schools in the state scoreless. Since that time until today they expect deep playoff runs or the season is a bust. The people there are unrealistic.

A friend of mine at Carthage has won seven state titles and he is expected to be able to do the same every year. They are 13-0 this year closing in on another title.
                      Texas High school football is ridiculous because of PARENTS. Every kid is the next Tyrek Hill, Micah Parsons, or Dak Prescott. They are all gonna get a P5 D1 full ride and make the league. And you can't tell them different.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

They have a new high school in Amarillo (West Plains) if they can win their playoff game Friday then They will face Carthage in the semi-finals.

Carthage has a tough game against another undefeated team in Jacksboro this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

They have a new high school in Amarillo (West Plains) if they can win their playoff game Friday then They will face Carthage in the semi-finals.

Carthage has a tough game against another undefeated team in Jacksboro this weekend.
                          Good luck to anyone who plays Carthage. They are always loaded with speed.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X