Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tanner Volk FOURTH in Harlon Hill voting?!?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Why not?

He is 6'2 and has the ability and talent. Avg height of NFL QB in 2023 is 6'2 1/2". I think he has a good shot.

Volk? Not sure. 174 lbs is tiny for a safety. The avg in 2023 is 204 lbs. And I guarantee you that size matters A LOT in the NFL. Of course there are exceptions, but that is NOT the norm.
    Probably heavier than that. Listed at 174 lbs as a freshman.

Comment

Originally posted by SPWOU View Post
      Is he in the portal yet?
      Didn't his dad go to WO?

Comment

Originally posted by KamolaCat View Post

Probably heavier than that. Listed at 174 lbs as a freshman.
        According to CWU 2021 roster, he weighed 175 lbs his freshman year and 174 lbs two seasons later in 2023. No way he will put on enough weight.

https://wildcatsports.com/sports/football/roster/2021

I mean, like I said, their are exceptions, but I don't anticipate him making any NFL 53 man roster.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

According to CWU 2021 roster, he weighed 175 lbs his freshman year and 174 lbs two seasons later in 2023. No way he will put on enough weight.

https://wildcatsports.com/sports/football/roster/2021

I mean, like I said, their are exceptions, but I don't anticipate him making any NFL 53 man roster.
          Could someone please remind me which NFL team let's ASUPops run their scouting department? I need to know who to bet against the rest of the season.

Size isn't everything. Skills and ability are more important.

And whatever NFL team picks up Volk could move him to cornerback to mitigate his weight issue if they think it is such a concern.

And a good strength and conditioning coach could easily put 10 pounds of muscle on Volk before the end of preseason his rookie season and 15 or 20 pounds of muscle by the beginning of his second season.

A D2 defensive back is far more likely to make an NFL roster than a quarterback. It is very rare, in recent history, for a D2 quarterback to get a chance in the NFL, especially in the days of the transfer portal. Quarterbacks get lots of attention. So if a D2 quarterback has NFL skills and enters the portal, they will get plenty of attention and some quality offers. The quarterback's draft prospects will go up a lot if he can produce at a D1 school. This could result in his rookie contract being several million dollars higher.

Comment

We are complaining about finishing 4th? Would 2nd or 3rd been acceptable? I will leave this here for Harlon Hill and Heisman Trophy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	RB.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	806641

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X