Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tanner Volk FOURTH in Harlon Hill voting?!?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tanner Volk FOURTH in Harlon Hill voting?!?

Bias against defensive players. Bias against west coast football. How does the National Defensive POY with 13 picks AND 124 tackles finish FOURTH in the Harlon Hill voting?! Ridiculous. Outrageous. Unacceptable.

Love the passion, but also look at eventual winner, ZZ out of UCM. That guy had a bonkers year. No disrespect to Volk. He had a year for the ages, but it's hard to discount what ZZ did this year. I wanted Volk to win. Volk's play turned heads nationally and CWU went deep into the playoffs. Great season that makes me anticipate more next year.

Comment

Volk will play in the NFL. Zz probably won't.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
        ZZ will likely be playing in Germany against CWU alum Reilly Hennessey!

Comment

Those top awards are almost always given to QBs these days. Same with the Heisman. Volk was named Defensive Player of the Year for D2 by the Conference Commissioners Association and first team All American by a bunch of organizations. He's getting his honors.

https://www.yakimaherald.com/sports/...147250be0.html

Comment

Yeah. The DE from Ferris last year probably had the best case of defenders in recent memory, but he didn't get it.

Ronald McKinnon is the only defender I can ever remember winning it.

Comment

Zach led Division II in total offense (437.7 yards per game), passing yards (5,157), passing touchdowns (61), points responsible for (380), points responsible for per game (29.2) and passing yards per game (396.7). Those are amazing numbers, and the NFL should take a close look at this guy.

UCM lost to Harding by a point in the playoffs, thanks to a blocked PAT.

Speaking of Harding, who do you think will win tomorrow? CSM has a more balanced offense so they can win if they can stop the run - but that's a really big IF.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
                Zach led Division II in total offense (437.7 yards per game), passing yards (5,157), passing touchdowns (61), points responsible for (380), points responsible for per game (29.2) and passing yards per game (396.7). Those are amazing numbers, and the NFL should take a close look at this guy.

Speaking of Harding, who do you think will win tomorrow? CSM has a more balanced offense so they can win if they can stop the run - but that's a really big IF.
                I'm thinking Mines. Harding will slow them down, but do they have enough of an offense to win? I am happy that, at the moment, CWU has given Mines their most competitive game in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post

ZZ will likely be playing in Germany against CWU alum Reilly Hennessey!
                  Great experience for him if so. My first trip to Europe was to watch former Pueblo RB Jesse Lewis play in Austria for his first game, he went on to play in Germany after that.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

I think it all depends on how the first half goes. If Mines gets up early, I think they win. If Harding can score with Mines, I think they'll wear Mines out and win late.

Comment

Is he in the portal yet?

Comment

Why not?

He is 6'2 and has the ability and talent. Avg height of NFL QB in 2023 is 6'2 1/2". I think he has a good shot.

Volk? Not sure. 174 lbs is tiny for a safety. The avg in 2023 is 204 lbs. And I guarantee you that size matters A LOT in the NFL. Of course there are exceptions, but that is NOT the norm.

Comment

Yeah. The DE from Ferris last year probably had the best case of defenders in recent memory, but he didn't get it.

Ronald McKinnon is the only defender I can ever remember winning it.
                          Correct, in 1995. He signed with Arizona as a UFA and played for them for 9 or 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Correct, in 1995. He signed with Arizona as a UFA and played for them for 9 or 10 years.
                            Best d2 lb I ever saw.

Comment

Best d2 lb I ever saw.
                              Good argument. And STILL didn't get drafted. No love for DII defensive players.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X