• cwfenn
    replied
    Tanner Volk received a vote for the Heisman Trophy last year:

https://www.yakimaherald.com/sports/...1496c6628.html

Leave a comment:

• IronOre
    replied
    Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
    Mr. Cliff Harris of D2 Tanner Volk also earns 1st Team AA honors from Don Hansen, as well as National Defensive POY! That makes Tanner an unanimous 1st Team All-American (AFCA, D2CCA, AP, D2Football, Don Hansen) AND National DPOY (D2CCA, D2Football, Cliff Harris, Don Hansen)!!!! Greatest single season of defense we will ever witness from a CWU player.
    Maybe he gets 14 interceptions next season?

Leave a comment:

• CWU Wildcat Nation
    replied
    Mr. Cliff Harris of D2 Tanner Volk also earns 1st Team AA honors from Don Hansen, as well as National Defensive POY! That makes Tanner an unanimous 1st Team All-American (AFCA, D2CCA, AP, D2Football, Don Hansen) AND National DPOY (D2CCA, D2Football, Cliff Harris, Don Hansen)!!!! Greatest single season of defense we will ever witness from a CWU player.

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied
    Originally posted by Bisonfan from FLA View Post

To keep this awards namesake in the realm of college.... Cliff Harris played college ball at Ouachita Baptist!

I am a Harding alum (Go Bisons!) and worked there many years. In my college years we hosted a Youth Citizenship Seminar and Cliff Harris came to speak a couple of times. I had the opportunity to drive down to pick him up at the airport and also drive him back after his stay in Searcy! Did that twice!
    Sweet!

Leave a comment:

• Bisonfan from FLA
    replied
    Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Congrats to Volk, CWU, it's fans, and the LSC.

Much deserved!

Even more special because it's an award named after a great player of MY Dallas Cowboys!!!
    To keep this awards namesake in the realm of college.... Cliff Harris played college ball at Ouachita Baptist!

I am a Harding alum (Go Bisons!) and worked there many years. In my college years we hosted a Youth Citizenship Seminar and Cliff Harris came to speak a couple of times. I had the opportunity to drive down to pick him up at the airport and also drive him back after his stay in Searcy! Did that twice!

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied
    Originally posted by Goods View Post

That is uncalled for. That's below the belt. I was just thinking of that play last night. Something triggered a memory and then you go ahead with your semi-annual salt in the wound reminder.
    He was a great kicker.

Leave a comment:

• cwfenn
    replied
    Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Rolsma

Leave a comment:

• Runnin' Cat
    replied

Rolsma
    Low blow!

Rolsma had his first career PAT blocked, then ran off 99 in a row, then had his last PAT blocked.

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied
    Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
    Congrats to Volk, CWU, it's fans, and the LSC.

Much deserved!

Even more special because it's an award named after a great player of MY Dallas Cowboys!!!

Leave a comment:

• Goods
    replied
    Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

He has entered Bighill and Wood territory. Greatest Wildcat ever?
    Greatest ever is a never-win conversation. But he's amongst the best. That can be agreed on. #44

Leave a comment:

• Goods
    replied

Rolsma
    That is uncalled for. That's below the belt. I was just thinking of that play last night. Something triggered a memory and then you go ahead with your semi-annual salt in the wound reminder.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied
    Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

Rolsma

Leave a comment:

• Runnin' Cat
    replied
    Originally posted by Goods View Post
    What a freaking year for Volk and CWU!

Leave a comment:

• cwfenn
    replied
    Hope he has a big trophy case. Congratulations!

Leave a comment:

• Goods
    replied
    What a freaking year for Volk and CWU!

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X