Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

I made some minor alterations to your comments. Remember Duane was in the same backfield as Mercury Morris, who once installed as starter, led his team to the most touchdowns, and had the highest per carry yardage (plus 1000 yards) on the last undefeated team in the NFL (14-0). So 4 straight Superbowls were led by former WT running backs.

Here's some more info about Duane, including how the Cowboys manipulated the MVP of the Superbowl.

https://myboysay.com/blog/?p=21175

Kerbel's teams were sometimes independents, which makes it hard to win conference championships. They were worth mentioning along with other well known teams. Just search for Kerbel.

https://vault.si.com/vault/1968/09/0...he-conferences
    LIke I said....YOU ARE DELUSIONAL!!!

KERBEL'S YEARLY RECORD AT WT

1960 West Texas State 3–7 - TERRIBLE
    1961 West Texas State 6–4 - MEDIOCRE
    1962 West Texas State 9–2 - GOOD
    1963 West Texas State 4–4–1 - TERRIBLE
    1964 West Texas State 4–6 - TERRIBLE
    1965 West Texas State 6–4 - MEDIOCRE
    1966 West Texas State 7–3 - DECENT
    1967 West Texas State 8–3 - GOOD
    1968 West Texas State 8–2 - GOOD
    1969 West Texas State 6–4 - MEDIOCRE
    1970 West Texas State 7–3 - DECENT
    OVERALL - 68-42-1 - .613 = a little above average

You act like he was the next coming of JESUS.

I mean by your standards, Angelo State should IMMEDIATELY erect a Jeff Girsch Statue, rename the stadium and Junell Center after him.....and gave an annual Jeff Girsch Parade, because that coach is .769. But do you hear ANYONE from Angelo State bragging about the "greatest coach in LSC history". 😂😂😂😂

You proved my point EXACTLY.

Why did you not mention Jack Curtice, he was .750 at WT?

Because the old alums on this board are delusional. They have fond memories of their YOUTH that are so GRAND and SPECTACULAR in their minds that they override the truth/facts. And NOTHING will ever compare.

And again what does a player from WT or MY 5 time SB Champion Cowboys have to do with "WHAT IS UP WITH WTAMU POSTERS FOOTBALL EXPECTATIONS?"?

🤪🤡🤪

Last edited by ASUPops; 01-09-2024, 03:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Yawn.

Deflecting doesn't change the FACTS.

But it is ironic, because your meme IS WTAMU D2 Posters to a freaking T. I'M DYING 😂😂💀💀Ummmmmm, minus the "play-offs" on the 2nd one.💀💀💀

HERE ARE THE FACTS:

YOUR TEAM, WTAMU FOOTBALL'S ALL TIME RECORD IS 522-525-22 giving your almighty "perennial powerhouse" football program a .488 win percentage.

To put it into perspective, Angelo State Football's All Time Record is 324–250–5 .564 😲

🖐🏼 🎤

NEXT.......

Comment

As a WT alumnus, I would best describe WTs football program as underachieving. There were short periods in history where there was some limited success with hopes of elevating but instead the program never took the next step to win championships rather went the opposite direction.

I stand by my belief that WT should move to MIAA because I believe the better D2 conference would help WT improve. I think D2 athletes would rather compete in the best D2 conference much like D1 athletes prefer the SEC.

Comment

[QUOTE=ASUPops;n809265]
          Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

This post is awesome and ironic in so many ways but I love how you are stirring the pot in the offseason

In an 8 season span from 2005-2012, Carthel had 4 conference championships and made the playoffs every year except 2009 when they had tons of injuries and beat the LSC playoff teams at the end (Tarleton, ACU) when they did get healthy.

Perennial definition: lasting or existing for a long or apparently infinite time; enduring, or continually recurring.

I would say that 8 year span (2013 still had Carthel's hands all over it) so that would be considered a LSC perennial run.

I will concede most of those years WT wasnt a real threat at the national championship so yeah they were a perennial playoff participant.

If the WT posters in here were bandwagon fans they would have disappeared for good back in the mid 2010s.

The last bolded statement about bandwagon really cracked me up when you jump off and on that ASU bandwagon when they do bad and then claim another LSC team for that season because some friends, uncles, 4th cousin, next door neighbor, from 8 years ago has a kid that may or may not be starting on that LSC team that year and you no longer have family playing at ASU....oh look...ASU is in the regional finals!!! Yayyyy!!!![/QUOTE]

First off, this entire statement is BS. I have made it CLEAR dozens, and dozens and DOZENS of times. I was a fan of MY SON. Not Angelo. I DID support Angelo after he graduated because I knew so many people on the team and with the university, coaches, president, etc. They are ALL gone. I supported WT several years not because a neighbors whatever, but because two player's I COACHED played for WT. I supported two WT girl sports because two nieces played their at different times. I supported and still support Mines for the same reason. I supported TAMUC when I had player's there, etc. And I WILL CONTINUE THAT WAY. I have ZERO ties to ANY LSC school. I didn't attend a single one. I support who I want when I want IF I want. How much $$ did you send to WTAMU the past two years???? I bet I sent 10x or maybe 1,000x what you did! So, enough about who I do or don't support. I am NOT AN ALUM AND HAVE ZERO LOYALTY TO ANY LSC OR DII SCHOOL. IS THAT CLEAR??

YOU on the other hand ARE an ALUM and YOU ARE on the messageboard representing "YOUR" ALMA MATER. WT ALUM/FANS (not all) ***** and complain on here like KARENS. Picking and choosing when and or if to support based on WINS.

I tell ya what Sparky, I AM a DIE-HARD fan of EVERY team that's MY team. My alma maters!!! I financially and physically support from my middle school to college teams. Whether I played for them or not. I also support my ONE pro team 100%. My loyalty to all MY TEAMS is SOLID!!!! Win, lose, suck, whatever. I am as DIE-HARD either way....and that loyalty is until death. I have the same EXACT loyalty to MY beloved US MARINE CORPS. SEMPER FI!!! So, shove your mickey mouse bull****. CLEAR ENOUGH??? AND THAT'S FOR EVERY READER ON D2.

Now, that we moved past your feminine, wife like *****ing, lets get back to topic and facts.

I agree, 100% that Carthel was the best thing that EVER happened to WT football and had he not been fired, MAYBE WT WOULD have become a perennial powerhouse. But they didn't.

Maybe you are not understanding. Let me break it down BARNEY STYLE for EVERONE who is NOT understanding.

HERE ARE THE WINNINGEST TEAMS IN DII FOOTBALL:

BY # OF GAMES WON

SCHOOL YRS WINS
          Pittsburg State 112 717
          Tuskegee 126 696
          Hillsdale 129 645
          Carson-Newman 107 642
          Central Oklahoma 118 638
          West Chester 93 614
          Texas A&M-Kingsville 95 612
          Northwest Missouri State 104 599
          Virginia State 118 589
          Truman 117 583
          BY WINNING PERCENTAGE

SCHOOL YRS % RECORD
          Grand Valley State 49 73.8% 406-143-3
          Valdosta State 38 70.6% 304-126-3
          West Chester 93 68.6% 614-276-17
          Indiana (Pa) 93 67.5% 578-272-23
          Bentley 32 66.3% 215-209-1
          Pittsburg State 112 66.1% 717-356-47
          Minnesota Duluth 90 65.8% 536-273-24
          CSU-Pueblo 34 65.2% 232-123-4
          Texas A&M-Kingsville 95 65.0% 612-326-16
          Carson-Newman 107 64.8% 642-341-31
          BY NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS

SCHOOL # TITLE YEARS
          Northwest Missouri State 6 1998-99, 2009, 2013, 2015-16
          North Dakota State 5 1983, 1985-86, 1988, 1990*
          Grand Valley State 4 2002-03, 2005-06
          Valdosta State 4 2004, 2007, 2012, 2018
          North Alabama 3 1993-95*
          Minnesota Duluth 2 2008, 2010
          Northern Colorado 2 1996-97*
          Pittsburg State 2 1991, 2011
          Texas State 2 1981-82*
          Troy 2 1984, 1987*
          DO YOU SEE WTAMU IN ANY OF THOSE?????????

They ARE NOT NOW and NEVER have been a perennial powerhouse. The programs listed in the 3 categories ARE!

I can not make it any simpler to understand.

Therefore, WT alum, fans, supporters, whatever you wish to call it need to STOP acting like there was a point in history when WT was like the programs on this list. They NEVER have been!!!! So, stop expecting something to return that never existed. RATHER,GET BEHIND YOUR TEAM. SUPPORT THEM. STOP B!TCHING. BE A SUPPORTER WHEN THEY WIN OR LOSE. This jumping to whatever girl sport that is winning in the middle of football season SUCKS. Put the DAMN exaggerated egos away and BE THE BEST DAMN FANS OF YOUR TEAM. Build with them Grow with them and maybe one day you will see your team on these lists. If you can't do that, just drop them and move on.

Do you remember LionFan and how LOYAL he was when Comnerce sucked??? BooHaHa with ENMU? Crixus(s?) With WNMU? THESE ARE FANS, sticking by their team......REGARDLESS.

IS THIS ALL CLEAR ENOUGH SPARKY and the rest of the WTAMU ALUM/FAN WORLD????

You may not like what I say, but it is 100% TRUE. Provide evidence to disprove me if you wish to try.
          Sheesh. You are accusing me of a feminine wife like rant? LOLOLOLOL.

This board probably had double or close to triple the WT posters in their prime.

The ones that are still here after 10 years of suck I would consider die hard fans.

They may joke about basketball season in October but they (me included) are on here until the very end of the $hit show.

If Carthel was not fired then it would be a safely assumed fact that WT would more than likely have continued their success several more years.

I still stand by my statement that WT would have likely went undefeated that 2013 season with Carthel and been a threat to win the National Championship.

Colby's success at Commerce strengthens that debate if it were kept in the family at WT even if Don retired.

That being said we are where we are and they suck after several years (perennial in the LSC in my book) of success in the LSC.

Its easy to cherry pick a time frame to make your argument look great (1 year, 10 years, 100 years, etc.).

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

A healthy Dallas wins the SB.....no question. But the personnel losses this pre-season and season were too much. And we just don't have the depth to overcome the Injuries. I think we are the top 2 or 3 team in the NFC. 3-6 in the NFL now because of the lost talent. Does that mean we CAN'T win it all? No, we could, but everything would have to fall in place perfectly.

i'm not crying about that. I don't need more super bowl wins. I mean, I'd love to get some more, but having a team that competes for the division title and makes the play-offs pretty much every year is a BLESSING. I mean, life could be MUCH worse. I could be a fan of one of these 12:

Twelve current NFL teams that have never won a Super Bowl: Arizona Cardinals, Atlanta Falcons, Buffalo Bills, Carolina Panthers, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, Detroit Lions, Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, Los Angeles Chargers, Minnesota Vikings, and Tennessee Titans.

Yeah......I am a DAMN PROUD Cowboys fan. FOR SURE.
            🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
            I am proud and loyal Cowboy fan for sure especially as a kid going through those 80-82 NFC Championship games where they were so close to getting to the super bowl.

Too bad none of those games were played in Dallas.

I want to believe in Dak but cant just yet.

He has 2 games in Dallas to prove me wrong and at least get to the NFC Championship game to get slaughtered by the 49ers.

Even A healthy Dallas team can't run the ball for $hit nor can they stop the run which is very concerning going into the playoffs.

I know Jerry Jones will ignore me and millions of fans out there and sign Dak to a ridiculous contract.

When that happens Dallas will return to mediocre sub par 2000s crap with 7-10 records as they will have very little money left over to resign Parsons, DIggs, Lamb, Lawrence, etc.

Dallas will need to reassess things if they cant take advantage of the opportunity given to them the next two games.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockofwesties View Post
              As a WT alumnus, I would best describe WTs football program as underachieving. There were short periods in history where there was some limited success with hopes of elevating but instead the program never took the next step to win championships rather went the opposite direction.

I stand by my belief that WT should move to MIAA because I believe the better D2 conference would help WT improve. I think D2 athletes would rather compete in the best D2 conference much like D1 athletes prefer the SEC.
              One of my arguments against this is a solid number of WT commits will come from the West Texas area and probably 75%+ will come from the rest of Texas?

Remember most kids arent dreaming of playing D2 football.

Are Texas high school kids really going to know anything about the MIAA and would move the needle one way or the other?

Its been 2016 since a MIAA Team (Northwest Missouri State) has even played in the championship game and won.

Commerce has been there and done it more recent than that.

This statement might have held more merit 10 years ago.

Comment

[QUOTE=Buffalo/Islander Alum;n809353]

This board probably had double or close to triple the WT posters in their prime.

The ones that are still here after 10 years of suck I would consider die hard fans.

They may joke about basketball season in October but they (me included) are on here until the very end of the $hit show.

If Carthel was not fired then it would be a safely assumed fact that WT would more than likely have continued their success several more years.

I still stand by my statement that WT would have likely went undefeated that 2013 season with Carthel and been a threat to win the National Championship.

Colby's success at Commerce strengthens that debate if it were kept in the family at WT even if Don retired.

That being said we are where we are and they suck after several years (perennial in the LSC in my book) of success in the LSC.

Its easy to cherry pick a time frame to make your argument look great (1 year, 10 years, 100 years, etc.).
                Some of the die hard fans would still be here but they passed away. NO1BUFFAN AND GOBUFFSGO are among them. There are likely others.

Comment

Deflecting doesn't change the FACTS.

But it is ironic, because your meme IS WTAMU D2 Posters to a freaking T. I'M DYING 😂😂💀💀Ummmmmm, minus the "play-offs" on the 2nd one.💀💀💀

HERE ARE THE FACTS:

YOUR TEAM, WTAMU FOOTBALL'S ALL TIME RECORD IS 522-525-22 giving your almighty "perennial powerhouse" football program a .488 win percentage.

To put it into perspective, Angelo State Football's All Time Record is 324–250–5 .564 😲

🖐🏼 🎤

NEXT.......
                  There you go again talking about Angelo again. We all know you are their #1 fan. I certainly respect their program and especially the current coach, but how many D1 bowl wins does Angelo have?

Yes, I am pointing back to long ago, back before we had administrators like Wendler and McBroom. It's much like you do when you think back to those 5 rings so very long ago. Doesn't Bellichick have 6 since then?

You should thank goodness for Kerbel because without Duane Thomas old Tom would probably have been out of a job and would have come home every night to tell his wife "a fat woman came into the shoe store ....".

Like I said Duane didn't handle it very well, but if he had tired that crap with Kerbel he would only have done it once, and if he was lucky we would have woken up afterward. Kerbel was NOT a plastic man.

I hope some day (once we have a new AD) WT football will again be relevant, but then the cycle of firing a great coach will kick in. Either way, I am always a fan of WT teams, even if their coaches are LAME. Kerbel and Carthel were our greatest coaches, but you will never find any monument to either on the WT campus.

Don't let this happen to you:

Comment

Other than Carthel's 4 good seasons, when was that???
                    "Other than the specific period you mentioned, when was that"

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

He knows that. He's just a troll. Brandon probably needs to install an ignore button.
                      You can ignore anyone you want.

https://www.d2football.com/forum/settings/account

The ignore field is at the bottom of the page on the Account tab. I'll help anyone that needs it.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

If the WT posters in here were bandwagon fans they would have disappeared for good back in the mid 2010s.
                        This is exactly right. They've been the most consistent fanbase in the LSC.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

You can ignore anyone you want.

https://www.d2football.com/forum/settings/account

The ignore field is at the bottom of the page on the Account tab. I'll help anyone that needs it.
                          I hope no one will add Pops to the ignore list. Despite some strange comments, usually about WT or those damned Cowboys, he is one of the best posters on the board. Just don't tell him I said so.

I'm getting hyped up about softball that starts early next month so I'll be posting about that soon.

Here's a tip: if you don't like a topic, you don't have to read its posts! So if someone wants to create a topic about D2 female mud wrestling, no one is forced to read about it. Imagine that.

Comment

You're a good dude, TKW.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockofwesties View Post

GREAT post. I agree with 99%. Only thing is...HS athletes really don't know anything about DII football. They want to play P5. They want to.play for their dream school. They next thing is they want a full scholly. Then when reality sets in the start looking at the DII offers. Some who are serious about their education first, well they look at which school will provide the best education in their major. But one thing is for sure. I have NEVER heard a 17-18 year old express they wanted to play in the MIAA or any other DII conference. 🤣🤣🤣

For some years, I was involved with two strength, speed, endurance athletic college and pro prep organizations. They also prepped/managed/consulted athletes and parents on obtaining and selecting offers. I've been involved with hundreds/thousands of athletes over the years. So, I have a fairly good understanding of what these young adults look for when making a decision. Many times it can be a small personal reason that makes them select one over the other. But there are definite trends. This is why I know so many LSC players and players in other conferences as well.

With all that said, I again stress, I never heard a player request a specific DII conference. Actually, you rarely hear that from a top D1 recruit.

Comment

[QUOTE=Buffalo/Islander Alum;n809353]

I still stand by my statement that WT would have likely went undefeated that 2013 season with Carthel and been a threat to win the National Championship

Agree. Although, we all know the "gray line" WAS being crossed. But Carthel should not have been terminated. Reprimanded? YES.

As far as cherry pick. I look at an overall programs success. That always paints the best picture. Looking only at select years 1 or 10 out of 100 is NEVER accurate. that's lije judging thecsuccess of a busibess based on financials for 1 qtr.

Back to your best point. Keeping Carthel would not only produce a powerhouse in my opinion, but WT would be at D1 today. No doubt.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X