Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOU schedules two FCS opponents for ‘24

https://wouwolves.com/sports/football/schedule/2024

Looks like Western Oregon will face former 5 star QB Sam Huard!

Comment

Fingers crossed they can keep everyone healthy while collecting those checks.

Comment

I'll be rootin' for ya'. Go Wolves!

Comment

I support this, even if it means taking some lumps. They have a couple FCS wins, at Sac State and at Southern Utah a long time ago.

Comment

Damn............what a first three weeks. Idaho State on the road. Cal Poly on the road and then to Alpine Texas, which thanks to a quick google search doesn't look like the easiest place to travel to.

Comment

Originally posted by Goods View Post
              Damn............what a first three weeks. Idaho State on the road. Cal Poly on the road and then to Alpine Texas, which thanks to a quick google search doesn't look like the easiest place to travel to.
              My guess is you would have to fly into Odessa or perhaps El Paso.

You are correct it isnt much as far as a football atmosphere but it does have some interesting tourist attractions.

If this were the 90s I would tell you to watch "The Junction Boys" which described most of their football fields back then.

Comment

With their travel costs, paycheck games are huge.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
                  Fingers crossed they can keep everyone healthy while collecting those checks.
                  Always a concern when playing FCS teams. Hopefully less of a concern against these two teams than the last two years vs South Dakota State and Weber State which they came out of fairly unscathed.

Comment

Originally posted by Goods View Post
                    One good thing about being on the quarter system is the first three games are before classes begin on 9/30. Get some road games out of the way. Surprisingly they didn’t schedule a game on the Thursday before Labor Day which they have done every year going back to 2016.

They flew into Lubbock for the UTPB game last year so probably El Paso for SRSU.
                    Last edited by SPWOU; 02-13-2024, 05:00 PM.

Comment

I never did see anyone post on the Wolves game in Mankato last fall. Just wondering where they went, ate, hung out, whatever. If it was on here I missed it.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                        I never did see anyone post on the Wolves game in Mankato last fall. Just wondering where they went, ate, hung out, whatever. If it was on here I missed it.
                        I went, sorry for not following up. We started off at Weggy’s, they seated us in the back room and when they didn’t come back to our table to get us menus after 20 minutes we went over to Johnny B’s where they took great care of us. Ended up being 15 of us (wife and I both originally from MN so a lot of family came to see our kid play who had never seen him play before) so they got some good business. Food, drinks and service were all great so a few of us went back after the game.
                        Funny story, after the game @ Johnny B’s the IA/WI game was on and I was conflicted who to root for (I’m U of MN alum). Only two other guys were paying attention to the game so I asked who they were rooting for. One said definitely IA the other said he didn’t care. So I asked them where they were from, well of course the first guy was from IA the other was from ND. I’m wearing WOU hoodie so guy #2 asks me what number my kid is. So I tell him and guy #1 informs me guy #2 is MSU’s HC. We had a good chat, he’s a likable guy.
                        Last edited by SPWOU; 02-13-2024, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SPWOU View Post

I went, sorry for not following up. We started off at Weggy’s, they seated us in the back room and when they didn’t come back to our table to get us menus after 20 minutes we went over to Johnny B’s where they took great care of us. Ended up being 15 of us (wife and I both originally from MN so a lot of family came to see our kid play who had never seen him play before) so they got some good business. Food, drinks and service were all great so a few of us went back after the game.
                          Funny story, after the game @ Johnny B’s the IA/WI game was on and I was conflicted who to root for (I’m U of MN alum). Only two other guys were paying attention to the game so I asked who they were rooting for. One said definitely IA the other said he didn’t care. So I asked them where they were from, well of course the first guy was from IA the other was from ND. I’m wearing WOU hoodie so guy #2 asks me what number my kid is. So I tell him and guy #1 informs me guy #2 is MSU’s HC. We had a good chat, he’s a likable guy.
                          Glad that you enjoyed the post game. I've had that happen at other places (not Weggy's) and it is a great way to not get return business. Once my cousins and I were in Florida- started talking to people next to us. Suddenly we had the manager show up and tell us that our meal would be comped because the waitress had lost the slip on her first day. We hadn't realized we had been there for an hour! All three times that I've been forgotten have been at Perkins.

Comment

I think this is awesome!!! I'll be pulling for you guys.

Comment

Non-football related, WOU news. Any info?

https://wouwolves.com/news/2024/2/16/WBB16Feb2024.aspx

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X