Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
    Looks like Western Oregon will face former 5 star QB Sam Huard!
    Would like to see West Texas sch some 1AA games

Comment

Originally posted by Buffan78 View Post

They did a few years ago and got smashed by Colby Carthel and SFA.

There is no value in that anymore unless you need the paycheck (possible) or trying to audition for a D1 conference (not happening).

It is also one less D2 game to help you if that team is competing for a playoff spot.

Comment

Both teams were 3-8 in 2023, so maybe there’s a shot?

Comment

Originally posted by Buffan78 View Post

Well, they do have GVSU in a couple years, seems close enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
            Non-football related, WOU news. Any info?

https://wouwolves.com/news/2024/2/16/WBB16Feb2024.aspx
            Allegedly first year HC got into or almost got into a fight with a player. HC was fired and they had no one to step in to take her place. Four games remaining in the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Goods View Post
              Damn............what a first three weeks. Idaho State on the road. Cal Poly on the road and then to Alpine Texas, which thanks to a quick google search doesn't look like the easiest place to travel to.
              Been there once, but it was 100 degrees and I'd just done a 10 mile hike in Big Bend, so wasn't in much mood to explore. I imagine you'd fly through El Paso if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

Well, they do have GVSU in a couple years, seems close enough.
                Or Colorado Mines this year since they have beaten GV and been in the National Championship game two years in a row now.

Comment

Originally posted by SPWOU View Post

Allegedly first year HC got into or almost got into a fight with a player. HC was fired and they had no one to step in to take her place. Four games remaining in the season.
                  Appreciate the info. That’s allegedly a difficult situation, hopefully they can get it sorted out. Sucks for the players.

Comment

Long thread on this on this site's basketball board. I didn't know the exact details but it sounds like it's not good based on this thread. I know the coaching staff has been suspended. If it was only the head coach's fault, why didn't they have the assistant coach the team the rest of the way?

It was a strange hire to begin with, a coach from West Virginia without a .500 record. Our men's team is in last place and the conference and now our women's team is, too. This is the worst I've ever seen Western Western athletics after the football team went 3-8. We have a semi new president and I don't think he cares about athletics. Certainly there might be some new leadership needed.

We're hardly winning in any sports at all. I don't expect us to be Grand valley, but I don't expect us to be at the bottom of the heap in nearly every sport. Track and field is fairly strong that's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

They did a few years ago and got smashed by Colby Carthel and SFA.

There is no value in that anymore unless you need the paycheck (possible) or trying to audition for a D1 conference (not happening).

It is also one less D2 game to help you if that team is competing for a playoff spot.
                      No arguments here, but why schedule NAIA teams? Other than to make bad coaches look better...

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

No arguments here, but why schedule NAIA teams? Other than to make bad coaches look better...
                        The west coast teams do it because they don't have a choice and have to fill out a full schedule.

When Simon Fraser went belly up last year I think a couple of schools (UTPB?) filled the hole with one on short notice.

SInce Sul Ross has filled that hole I would be interested to see if any Texas/New Mexico LSC teams are playing them this year.

Comment

That’s not how it worked out for CWU last year. (They lost to a NAIA team from Montana).

Comment

Originally posted by SPWOU View Post

That’s not how it worked out for CWU last year. (They lost to a NAIA team from Montana).
                            That had to be embarrassing. However CWU recovered from it VERY well.

Comment

That had to be embarrassing. However CWU recovered from it VERY well.
                              It was embarrassing..........and to bring it up just hurts my feelings.hahaha I still get mad at Brandon for bringing up NWMSU's blocked CWU PAT to send the game into OT in the regional final in 2009. #1 vs. #2. What a great game.

CWU has shown for the last two decades they will do whatever it takes to fill the schedule with as much quality as possible. We're in the LSC now, we were a part of the old NCC in 2007/2008, we've had regular season games against GSC, GLVC, MIAA, RMAC, NSIC and half of the FCS Big Sky in the past 10 years. Sometimes even that doesn't work, so we'll get the strongest NAIA we can. I know D2 fans will roll their eyes, but Montana Tech was a ranked NAIA team that made the NAIA national bracket. We've played powerhouse Carroll College out of Helena a few times in the past 20+ years.

Comment

Originally posted by Goods View Post

It was embarrassing..........and to bring it up just hurts my feelings.hahaha I still get mad at Brandon for bringing up NWMSU's blocked CWU PAT to send the game into OT in the regional final in 2009. #1 vs. #2. What a great game.
                                I have two new angles for your viewing pleasure.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X