Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updated Angelo State's non conference schedule on the main post.

Only schools not to post their schedules left are Central Washington, Kingsville, and Western New Mexico.

Comment

Saw by accident on another sports page that Montana Tech released their 2024 football schedule and Central Washington wasnt on it.

Also none of the Big Sky FCS teams are playing Central Washington either.
      Last edited by Buffalo/Islander Alum; 03-28-2024, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
        Saw by accident on another sports page that Montana Tech released their 2024 football schedule and Central Washington wasnt on it.

Also none of the Big Sky FCS teams are playing Central Washington either.
        If you meant the first part to be funny, I laughed, because I hope for the love of God that we didn't schedule a home and home with an NAIA. LOL

The second part concerns me. Not saying I want an FCS game over a good/decent D2 game, but that might indicate that CWU doesn't have an 11th game. Don't even make me say we don't have a 9th or 10th game outside of our LSC schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Goods View Post

If you meant the first part to be funny, I laughed, because I hope for the love of God that we didn't schedule a home and home with an NAIA. LOL

The second part concerns me. Not saying I want an FCS game over a good/decent D2 game, but that might indicate that CWU doesn't have an 11th game. Don't even make me say we don't have a 9th or 10th game outside of our LSC schedule.
          I was sort of being sarcastic but I am sort of expecting a NAIA/FCS mix again like last year.

A few MIAA and several GLIAC schools havent posted their schedules yet so there might be one surprise D2 game in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

I was sort of being sarcastic but I am sort of expecting a NAIA/FCS mix again like last year.
            Based on? In the past 20 years, CWU has played 3 NAIA games. One was against APU which transitioned to DII the next year. One NAIA game every seven years isn't a trend.

They may have to play an NAIA, but you are purely speculating.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

Based on? In the past 20 years, CWU has played 3 NAIA games. One was against APU which transitioned to DII the next year. One NAIA game every seven years isn't a trend.

They may have to play an NAIA, but you are purely speculating.
              Of course I am speculating, arent we all?

I am basing it on most of the RMAC, MIAA, NSIC, and Big Sky schools have their schedules out or are appearing on other schedules around the country.

I would put the chances very low that they are scheduling two D2 schools non conference but I have been wrong before.

Comment

Western New Mexico has released their schedule and as expected they added New Mexico Highlands for their second non conference game.

This just leaves Kingsville and Central Washington as the only two LSC school left to post their schedules.

If rumors are true it may be that Colorado Mesa might be playing Central Washington (home) and Kingsville (road).

If Central Washington just rolls with 10 games that would complete the LSC schedules when they are posted.

Comment

Texas A&M-Kingsville has released their 2024 football schedule.

As expected they have Mesa and Mississippi College as non conference opponents.

I have updated the changes on the original post.

2024 Football Schedule - Texas A&M - Kingsville Athletics (javelinaathletics.com)

Central Washington is the only one left on the clock.

Comment

Colorado Mesa just posted their 2024 schedule.

8/29 @ Kingsville
                    9/14 vs. Central Washington at Home.

2024 Football Schedule - Colorado Mesa University Athletics (cmumavericks.com)

At least half the piece to the Central Washington puzzle has been solved, hopefully not the full piece and they can get one more game.

Next question will be if they can get a D2 team to travel to play a home game, Home game against another NAIA, or stand pat with 10.

Last edited by Buffalo/Islander Alum; 04-30-2024, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Looking at the Main Football Forum, looks like the chances for Central Washington to have a second home or road D2 game are pretty slim.

If Central Missouri and Northeastern State aren't playing each other then those might be the best candidates for the second D2 home page so even that scenario is looking remote.

(credit to Finchwidget)

====OPEN DATES====
                      Teams with an asterisk by their name here already have a Week Zero game, so their open date cannot be flexed to then.
                      =Week 1=
                      Carson-Newman
                      Central Missouri (maybe)
                      Central Washington
                      Livingstone
                      Mars Hill*
                      Northeastern State (maybe)
                      Roosevelt

Comment

There's always the possibility that CWU could schedule a Week Zero game instead, since then they can just schedule with any D2 school that has an open date at any week as long as that team isn't playing Week Zero. However, the only D2 teams west of the Mississippi that still have open dates that could be flexed to W0 are Central Missouri W3 and Southwest Baptist W7, and Missouri is just barely west of the Mississippi... Still an awfully long distance from the Pacific Northwest.

The more I think about it, the more I think FCS San Diego is probably CWUs best bet for their open date. Unlike almost every other FCS team, they still haven't released their full schedule, and as of now they don't have a Week 1 game either. At this point, I think CWU either schedules them, or stands pat at 10 games, because last I checked I think even the NAIA options are getting slim now.

Comment

Originally posted by Finchwidget View Post
                          There's always the possibility that CWU could schedule a Week Zero game instead, since then they can just schedule with any D2 school that has an open date at any week as long as that team isn't playing Week Zero. However, the only D2 teams west of the Mississippi that still have open dates that could be flexed to W0 are Central Missouri W3 and Southwest Baptist W7, and Missouri is just barely west of the Mississippi... Still an awfully long distance from the Pacific Northwest.

The more I think about it, the more I think FCS San Diego is probably CWUs best bet for their open date. Unlike almost every other FCS team, they still haven't released their full schedule, and as of now they don't have a Week 1 game either. At this point, I think CWU either schedules them, or stands pat at 10 games, because last I checked I think even the NAIA options are getting slim now.
                          Agreed.

I checked San Diego's schedule a few times since they scheduled Mesa last year but they havent posted their 2024 schedule yet.

I just hope they dont tap about and schedule someone like Lincoln, California.

Comment

San Diego probably wouldn't be a good FCS payout game, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Goods View Post
                              San Diego probably wouldn't be a good FCS payout game, right?
                              I would assume no but might be a question to ask the RMAC/Mesa folks since Mesa played them last year and beat them.

I do know they are Pioneer and non scholarship I think.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X