Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NSU Wolves 2018

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    Not always just about the money. If he wants to be a HC, then good for him. I just wish we could go more than a few months without it seeming like we are hiring for a coaching spot. Tough for Dosch ir any coach to work through
    I understand. Have seen similar in my own group of coachin' friends. Tough, too, when they ask your opinion after tellin' you their dreams.

Comment

Anyone know a good offensive coordinator? Once again, we just cant keep a coaching staff in tact. No matter who we get for recruits, our coaching retention is not good right now.
      UMD is looking for an OC, too, Noah Pauley went to NDSU as WR coach

Comment

Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post
        I understand. Have seen similar in my own group of coachin' friends. Tough, too, when they ask your opinion after tellin' you their dreams.
        Yeah, I dont really fault any coach. Sounds like there was family considerations in this move. Just tough to battle through. Need a staff that just grows and learns together for a few years, same as building a team as athletes.

Comment

Augustana recruited Isaiah Cherrier really hard and they thought they had him, until he had D1 glitter in his eyes. Very athletic and shifty. An excellent addition for NSU.

Comment

I think the when someone takes a head coaching role at a lower level..after being a coordinator at the higher level....that's it's about a wash. You can't fault a guy for wanting to have his own squad and make the choices there with putting together a staff and being the key decision-maker.

The school (Kansas Wesleyan) that former NSU OC Myers Hendrickson is going to had it's best year ever this last campaign....going undefeated (through a very weak KCAC conference) and then advancing to the National Seminfinals. So....he's returning back to a school that he's familiar with as he's been a coach with KWU on the offensive side of the ball. So....this isn't a case of Myers taking a random head coaching job, just to move up, etc. His wife is from Salina KS as well..so this move gets all the easier the more you dig in.

Here is their results from a year ago.

http://www.kwucoyotes.com/schedule/0/5.php

Overall, I think any type of lateral move like this is about the coach feeling they are positioning their future better with the change..or possibly it's a location they are more comfy with, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
              Augustana recruited Isaiah Cherrier really hard and they thought they had him, until he had D1 glitter in his eyes. Very athletic and shifty. An excellent addition for NSU.
              Forgot all about that guy. Certainly some things are looking up and as always helps to hear one of our players gets praise from others.

Comment

It was 12 years ago so it possibly has changed one or ten times. Its unfortunate for the guys, you never like to see injuries, but it would be very beneficial for the Wolves 2019 season.

Comment

I'm home so will try to get a list made with info and hudl pages. Already about ten recruits have sent in their fax.

Comment

I'm home so will try to get a list made with info and hudl pages. Already about ten recruits have sent in their fax.
                    44 recruits is what I figured the Wolves are bringing in. They loaded up on the dbs and ol.
                    Last edited by Swisher; 02-06-2019, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Swisher View Post
                      44 recruits is what I figured the Wolves are bringing in. They loaded up on the dbs and ol.
                      Big time. The large classes will probably continue until results happen onto he field. Big numbers, show improvement, improve record, better recruits, less numbers, more focus. It is and has been a process. Know anything on the ND Gatorade POTY?

I havent watched a lot of the hudl pages yet but seems to be at least a few that will be nice players.

Comment

Big time. The large classes will probably continue until results happen onto he field. Big numbers, show improvement, improve record, better recruits, less numbers, more focus. It is and has been a process. Know anything on the ND Gatorade POTY?

I havent watched a lot of the hudl pages yet but seems to be at least a few that will be nice players.
                        Clearly was the best player in ND. He lit up my high school Mandan this year. Multiple sport athelete. Bismarck High is always one of the top dogs in football every year. That's about all i know.
                        I'll get to see more of him at the WDA basketball tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Swisher View Post
                          Clearly was the best player in ND. He lit up my high school Mandan this year. Multiple sport athelete. Bismarck High is always one of the top dogs in football every year. That's about all i know.
                          I'll get to see more of him at the WDA basketball tournament.
                          With this final recruit i had Northern at 44. Cuyler has Northern with 40.

These 4 I thought were committing
                          Blayne Brink
                          Jacob Muhich
                          Adam Durland it appears has signed with Northern https://twitter.com/DurlandAdam
                          Nick Geffre
                          Last edited by Swisher; 02-06-2019, 09:43 AM.

Comment

I don't follow recruiting a lot, but here are my thoughts on the Wolves incoming class as I've read about it so far. 40 (with a few more transfers possible) is a big number. As NSU4LIFE pointed out, this is more of a quantity over quality type of recruiting. NSU is not going to get the most highly touted recruits in the region, so the Wolves bring in a lot of guys and hope some will outperform expectations. There are some BIG bodies coming to campus in the fall. Hopefully that will translate to some studs up front over the next 5 years. I'm probably most excited about the transfer RB from WIU. Hopefully he can add some explosiveness that the running game always seems to lack. I'm also intrigued by the 2 QBs that were brought in. I would expect they will redshirt this year, but anytime you can bring in the Player of the Year from a state (yes, even North Dakota) that is a good thing. Hopefully he was just overlooked by some more prestigious programs because of his lack of size. Trautman put up decent numbers last year, but I would say his job is far from guaranteed the next 2 years.

Comment

New Northern stadium bill signed.

https://jamestownsun.com/news/govern...-state-stadium

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                                That's a nice way to get around utilizing the Aberdeen News! Lol

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X