Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winona State Warriors 2018 Season Thread

Time to get the discussion started for the season.

Re: Winona State Warriors 2018 Season Thread

Sorry for the late response, but here is my opinion on WSU for them to continue last seasons success....

QB Play: Burke was the backup most of last year. He will have to be more accurate with his passing game.

RB: Birth, Roebuck, SSL...Birth will be the go to but the next two should see plenty of time..I am baffled that SSL(Sam Santiago-Lloyd) doesnt see the field more...my guess would be his quickness may not be at the d2 level but size is?

WR: Frandsen, Gran, Balliu,Claussen...Frandsen will put up the numbers, but WSU will need others to show up...

TE: Rooney,schleicher...rooney will be the #1 target in this group, i may change analysis once more games are played.

OL: will need to do a better job of protecting the QB, past years with Sawyers teams this has been a huge factor on how they play..need to keep QB1 healthy all yr long

Def: Have plenty of experience and size at both DL and Linebacker positions..but continued pressure will be needed with big departures in the secondary from last year.

Kicking and Special teams: Russell returning punter and Ortiz(junior) comes from California, so he should have some experience in big moments in games

Comment

Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post
      Time to get the discussion started for the season.

are we the only WSU fans left on here? I remember when this first started up, that there were tons of WSU supporters on this site.

Comment

When did this site get created? Only have been a user on here for two months

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
          When did this site get created? Only have been a user on here for two months

early 2000's....NDSU was still d2 and SCSU, Mankato, Augie, werent in NSIC..

Comment

Originally posted by mcnelly34 View Post
            are we the only WSU fans left on here? I remember when this first started up, that there were tons of WSU supporters on this site.
            The number has fallen over the years. Still a few more on the basketball side, but it's pretty limited here on the football board.

Comment

I'm sure Winona folks know about this....but if not, here is the Tom Sawyer Show. I wish each school had something like this....and Coach keeps things interesting.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quO4CkoUNoQ

Comment

Hope the Warriors injury report isnt to bad for this week, sure alot of starters that went down this past Saturday!

Comment

The number has fallen over the years. Still a few more on the basketball side, but it's pretty limited here on the football board.
                  Generally speaking here... overall are there more posters on the football board or basketball? I mostly only read football threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
                    Generally speaking here... overall are there more posters on the football board or basketball? I mostly only read football threads.
                    It depends on the sport that school tends to do well in. For example, you get many more comments from USF fans for football. Augie tends to be much more for basketball.

Comment

Hope the Warriors injury report isnt to bad for this week, sure alot of starters that went down this past Saturday!
                      They do have a number of starters out but should be OK for this Saturday. It is next Saturday which will be the problem. We beat USF with a number of starters out from week 1 and a few more early in the game. Other kids are going to need to pick it up since a number of the injuries are out for the season.

Comment

Originally posted by OldSchool View Post
                        They do have a number of starters out but should be OK for this Saturday. It is next Saturday which will be the problem. We beat USF with a number of starters out from week 1 and a few more early in the game. Other kids are going to need to pick it up since a number of the injuries are out for the season.
                        Yikes. Do you know who is out for the year?

Comment

Pridgeon(sp), i think he busted up his knee

Comment

Pridgeon(sp), i think he busted up his knee
                            That was one name I hoped wasn't on the list. Damn.

Comment

Yes, but i'm not going to post Winona's injury report online. We won last week with a lot of backup players and just hope they improve when they get more playing time...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X