Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 key to the city augustana vs. Usf week

Who you got? Annual huge rivalry. I have both teams being close this yr. i believe when its all said and done, the coo wins by 10. Augie has better skill kids on offense plus a very good oline. Defense is a bit improved from last years. USF has a defense that is very young and unproven but talented. The offense with skill players are better than last years, making me think the will pull it out.

What do you all think?

Re: 2018 key to the city augustana vs. Usf week

https://www.argusleader.com/story/sp...ck/1353340002/

article about USF RB Gabe Watson. on his way too All-American?

Comment

Article about this weeks game... https://usfcougars.com/news/2018/9/2...-saturday.aspx

Comment

Article on Augustana All-American LB Kirby Hora. Been watching this young man play for 7 years now. First in town Sioux Falls at Roosevelt where he was Elite 45. Fun to watch

https://www.argusleader.com/story/sp...ol/1354447002/

Comment

Really an intriguing game. AU sports the #4 offense and #11 defense, USF has #9 offense and #3 defense. USF has #1 rusher, AU has #2 passer. Augie has #2 rusher mostly due to a porous Wayne defense that gave Rudy Sinflorant 235 yards. Hard to believe this won't be a excellent contest. Augie does have an advantage in special teams. Generally I believe teams with good D and strong running game win, which would point to the Coo. Augie by a touchdown.

Comment

Usf up 17-0. Watson having a field day.

Comment

If someone at Kirkeby-Over wants to let the Vikings know they have a game today, that would be great. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                If someone at Kirkeby-Over wants to let the Vikings know they have a game today, that would be great. Thanks.
                Ya idk what's going on. Imo augie is a lot better than they are showing today. But I also believe usf is a top 15 team... so let's see what both teams do for the rest of the year.

Comment

USF played it's best game of the year, much more physical than AU. your QB was sharp, the Coo ran the ball with authority and special teams played well. The bad 16 penalties for 175 yards and 7 personal fouls with 1 ejection. I'm sure coach Andersen will address that.

Augie puts out 496 yards and is gifted 175 penalties yards and scores 13 points WTH! Our QB starting with the 2nd half of the Wayne game and all of the USF game reverts back to last year inaccurate passing 4 int. and he cannot scramble. AU needs to go another direction at QB starting next week. Hard to remember how many time in the red zone walking away with no points.

The Cougars came to win and played with like a conquering army. AU started flat the 1st Qtr. Coaching?

If the Coo can play the rest of their games with that much focus, determination and energy they will not lose another game.
                  Last edited by vikingfaithful; 09-23-2018, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                    USF played it's best game of the year, much more psychical than AU. your QB was sharp, the Coo ran the ball with authority and special teams played well. The bad 16 penalties for 175 yards and 7 personal fouls with 1 ejection. I'm sure coach Andersen will address that.

Augie puts out 496 yards and is gifted 175 penalties yards and scores 13 points WTH! Our QB starting with the 2nd half of the Wayne game and all of the USF game reverts back to last year inaccurate passing 4 int. and he cannot scramble. AU needs to go another direction at QB starting next week. Hard to remember how many time in the red zone walking away with no points.

The Cougars came to win and played with like a conquering army. AU started flat the 1st Qtr. Coaching?

If the Coo can play the rest of their games with that much focus, determination and energy they will not lose another game.
                    Some things I noticed. You guys have a lot of talent on offense..... I expected a game more like 35-24. But this usf team is very deep. Maybe 5-6 decent rbs, 3 decent QBs, and wrs. But I dont know about their top end talent yet.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                      USF played it's best game of the year, much more psychical than AU. your QB was sharp, the Coo ran the ball with authority and special teams played well. The bad 16 penalties for 175 yards and 7 personal fouls with 1 ejection. I'm sure coach Andersen will address that.

Hey VFaithful. Glad I got a chance to meet you in person today!

Comment

Augie needs to move up

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post
                          Hey VFaithful. Glad I got a chance to meet you in person today!
                          It was great meeting you as well and seeing my bud Matt. Not a whole lot of us D2 super fans and is good to know each other.

Comment

For those that don't know Mike (Vikingfaithful)....he's at all the Augie games and sits at the 50 yard line in the middle area, as he's in a wheelchair, in the handicapped area. When I first arrive at KO, once I get inside the stadium he's the first person I look for before going field level to view the action. Each team should be so lucky to have a fan like Mike who cares greatly for his squad....while he doesn't live in the Sioux Falls area....and makes quite the effort to attend games. I've said this before, but I consider those on here as "board brothers", and that especially rings true with Mike, Tundra (Terry), and Laker (Brad).

Comment

As for the game....here are a few pics I took during the contest. Admittedly, I was taking video as well for those keeping up on Twitter as well....so I didn't got a ton of pics.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X