Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mineral Water Bowl Predictions?

With the teams going to the playoffs for the most part is already decided. The MWB berth is up for grabs!! There are 6 teams batting for that one spot including 5 with the same record..

St. Cloud St. (6-2) - they still have an outside shot at the playoffs by default but most likely will play for a MWB berth.

Augustana, Bemidji St., Minnesota St.-Moorhead, Sioux Falls and Winona St. are all (5-3).

Who do you think will get the berth?!

Re: Mineral Water Bowl Predictions?

I think if we wait 3 weeks, you will have your answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
      With the teams going to the playoffs for the most part is already decided. The MWB berth is up for grabs!! There are 6 teams batting for that one spot including 5 with the same record..

St. Cloud St. (6-2) - they still have an outside shot at the playoffs by default but most likely will play for a MWB berth.

Augustana, Bemidji St., Minnesota St.-Moorhead, Sioux Falls and Winona St. are all (5-3).

Who do you think will get the berth?!
      Currently St. Cloud. But if BSU beats them next week the Beavers will take it.

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
        Currently St. Cloud. But if BSU beats them next week the Beavers will take it.

Comment

Not sure who plays each other yet out of those contenders- or where. SCSU has the leg up now.

Comment

not sure if SMSU runs the table and finishes at 7-4 if they could get there. Probably too many things need to happen.

If it somehow happens and they get the bid, I will go for sure. what a great tijme

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
              not sure if SMSU runs the table and finishes at 7-4 if they could get there. Probably too many things need to happen.

If it somehow happens and they get the bid, I will go for sure. what a great tijme
              seems unlikely given SCSU plays in the North and would have to lose 2 more.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
                seems unlikely given SCSU plays in the North and would have to lose 2 more.
                Does SMSU want to give up 90 points again?

Comment

I didn't know this.............

Armo Wood
                  @ArmoFB
                  9s9 seconds ago
                  More
                  Big news concerning D2 Bowl games: have learned that the Mineral Water Bowl (MWB) is no longer affiliated with the MIAA. That means it's now the NSIC vs At-Large team. Another possible postseason opportunity for the GAC. The MWB is hosted in Excelsior Springs, MO.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Armo Wood
                    @ArmoFB
                    9s9 seconds ago
                    More
                    Big news concerning D2 Bowl games: have learned that the Mineral Water Bowl (MWB) is no longer affiliated with the MIAA. That means it's now the NSIC vs At-Large team. Another possible postseason opportunity for the GAC. The MWB is hosted in Excelsior Springs, MO.
                    Thats kind of cool!
                    I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Armo Wood
                      @ArmoFB
                      9s9 seconds ago
                      More
                      You or anybody else know the reason why?

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
                        You or anybody else know the reason why?
                        I just saw it on Twitter. Armo would know- he is a smart guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Umdfan35 View Post
                          Does SMSU want to give up 90 points again?
                          yes if it means a weekend in Missouri. It was a great time!

Comment

Question regarding the D2 bowls... I believe the only bowl game actually affiliated with the NSIC is the Mineral Water Bowl, correct? In theory then, could the other D2 bowls that don't have conference tie-ins (like the MWB stating team 2 is 'at-large') select an NSIC team to play? I wholeheartedly realize a bowl is going to want fans and with the the other D2 bowl games being in TX or Arkansas that it would be highly unlikely. Just curious to see if they could invite a NSIC team, or if the conference has a rule disallowing it.

Relatedly, what would it take for a northern/midwest D2 bowl game to exist? NSIC vs GLIAC/GLVC? Would the sponsorship, fan support, etc. exist? Fargodome, Superiordome, US Bank, UNIdome, Edward Jones Dome, I don't know. Just thinking aloud here... Don't want or expect .500 teams to routinely make bowl games in D2 like FBS but the opportunity for a team and fans to get an extra game would be appealing to me as a former player and now fan. Seeing an additional NSIC team in a bowl game would be fun.
                            4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                            2016 NSIC Champions
                            🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Originally posted by Otis Day View Post
                              Don't want or expect .500 teams to routinely make bowl games in D2 like FBS but the opportunity for a team and fans to get an extra game would be appealing to me as a former player and now fan. Seeing an additional NSIC team in a bowl game would be fun.
                              It would also depend on the team that was invited. I think an up and coming team would be really excited to go. But a team that makes the playoffs often might be disappointed on their season and turn the invitation down. I'm not 100% sure but I think team players might vote on whether then want to go.

Coaches like the games because they can get a lot more practices in- but depending where and when the games are played players may or may not get excited. Maybe if the game was inside that time of year it would be more appealing. I doubt if in any case there would be much of a crowd. I loved to play football and would vote yes but maybe after an 11 game season some might not.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X