Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Hot: 2019 MSUM Dragons Football

Coach Laqua Era, year nine, what are some expectations? I'm looking forward to having Sinani and Richter on offense, hopefully the defense is improved this year too.

Originally posted by IceBoxDragon View Post
    Coach Laqua Era, year nine, what are some expectations? I'm looking forward to having Sinani and Richter on offense, hopefully the defense is improved this year too.
    A new member! We don't get many Dragon fans on here, welcome aboard IceBoxDragon!

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

A new member! We don't get many Dragon fans on here, welcome aboard IceBoxDragon!
      Thanks! It's understandable that MSUM sports fans took a dip. When I was attending from 2009-2012, their records ranged from 2-9 to 1-10. However, they've at least become competitive, and last year was really nice. The hope is to continue that trajectory.

Comment

Oh another thing I wanted to mention for other Dragons out there, MSUM has a Roku channel. So if you're somebody who cut the cord, if you have a roku there's a channel with all of the events available.

Comment

Kick-off is tomorrow! I'm planning to drive to Crookston to see the Dragons in action.

Comment

IceBox....welcome.

You might've seen already but Richter is missing the year due to injury.

Comment

Yeah missed the news on Richter. Tough when the Forum doesn't cover the Dragons as closely as they probably should.

Regardless, Dragons are 1-0! Wasn''t pretty at time but a 24 point win is alright with me. Certainly things to clean-up on offense for the Dragons, but a game like this helps shake off the rust. Have to give respect to UMC, defense looked to be improved and a few good connections in the passing game. Hope they can improve the win total.

Next week is going to be a nightmare, I already know. Duluth is a super team, but hopefully it's one of those "any given Saturday" type scenarios.

Comment

Welcome to the board IceBoxDragon! Overall kind of a sloppy game offensively and the D showed some flashes but lots of room for improvement from this young squad. The sideline energy seemed to be lacking. Hopefully next week is an improvement!

Comment

Well Saturday went about how I was expecting it to go. A lot of credit to Duluth for their continued success. I was happy the Dragons were able to hold their own at least some of the game. Back at it this Saturday with hopefully a better result. Having this game earlier in the season might be a good learning experience, too.

Comment

HUGE bounce-back game tonight. After losing that roller coaster game last week to UMD where we lost the lead after the half, I think it was big for MSUM to put another check in the win column. Lot of credit to NSU, they shut down the offense multiple times. Very fortunate to get that late TD and walk out with a win. Hopefully Sinanis injury isn't too bad, but hats off to Plasterer for stepping up.

Next game is the Battle for the Paddle. Let's go win it.

Comment

HUGE bounce-back game tonight. After losing that roller coaster game last week to UMD where we lost the lead after the half, I think it was big for MSUM to put another check in the win column. Lot of credit to NSU, they shut down the offense multiple times. Very fortunate to get that late TD and walk out with a win. Hopefully Sinanis injury isn't too bad, but hats off to Plasterer for stepping up.

Next game is the Battle for the Paddle. Let's go win it.
                      For whatever reason we always struggle in Aberdeen. I wish the production at NSU would've been at very least adequate so we could see the winning touchdown vs the "off the air" screen. Hopefully Sanani is back next week but I think Plasterer has enough skill to man the ship against Mary. I was a bit disappointed in our D giving up 17 points but overall, great to back in the win column!!

Comment

The Dragons have played really well at times but have struggled to put it together or keep it together for 4 full quarters. Hoping that happens this weekend against Winona. Should be a fun weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleNickels View Post
                          The Dragons have played really well at times but have struggled to put it together or keep it together for 4 full quarters. Hoping that happens this weekend against Winona. Should be a fun weekend!
                          I think the biggest factor is the defense, and it's been a factor other years, too. Laqua's teams can score for sure but the game can stay close considering how well the defense plays.

Comment

Surprising the Dragons even had a chance to win that game considering how many mistakes were made. Doesn't get any easier being on the road next week. Damn shame.

Comment

Surprising the Dragons even had a chance to win that game considering how many mistakes were made. Doesn't get any easier being on the road next week. Damn shame.
                              Agreed. 3 mistakes cost them the game. The Dragons were a better team today but mistakes cost them. On to CSP

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X