Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very tough game against Concordia SP. Weather was bad and the Dragons couldn't seem to get in rhythm on offense. One thing that was clear on Saturday was the team needs to work on the run game. Helps to pound the rock when the snow starts flying.

Hoping for a big win against Aug on Saturday. It's one home game before going on the road for two away, so it's critical to get a victory at Nemzek. Fortunately the weather looks improved.

Comment

Tough day today for the Dragons. This is the 2nd week in a row I felt like the team came out with no energy and flat and were down 2 touchdowns before they knew what hit them. Some big things to figure out! Against Winona St and CSP, the Dragons still had chances to win because the D kept them in it. We'll see which team shows up in Marshall next weekend! Hopefully it's the team from the 1st half of the Duluth game and not the team from this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleNickels View Post
        Tough day today for the Dragons. This is the 2nd week in a row I felt like the team came out with no energy and flat and were down 2 touchdowns before they knew what hit them. Some big things to figure out! Against Winona St and CSP, the Dragons still had chances to win because the D kept them in it. We'll see which team shows up in Marshall next weekend! Hopefully it's the team from the 1st half of the Duluth game and not the team from this afternoon.
        Easily this was the Vikings best offensive performance of the year. Two years ago I watched MSUM come to KO stadium for game 1 of the season. I sat stunned as the Dragons whipped us 38-7, so I know your pain,

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Easily this was the Vikings best offensive performance of the year. Two years ago I watched MSUM come to KO stadium for game 1 of the season. I sat stunned as the Dragons whipped us 38-7, so I know your pain,
          One is WAY more fun than the other!

Comment

I don't know if it was visible on TV, but someone was flying an MSUM flag in the pit on College Gameday this morning. I took a picture of it, I can see if I can upload it.

It was only one of two non-d1 flags I saw this morning.

Comment

THE game of the season this weekend. Keep the Axe, clinch another winning record, give the seniors a win in their last game at Nemzek, build more momentum for the season finale and complete another season with all three rivalry trophies.

Let's go!

Comment

Crushing loss Saturday. Had a chance there at the end and probably should have had one more play to toss it into the endzone. Certainly has been a roller coaster of a season, so hopefully the team goes back up and snags a win vs St. Cloud St to clinch the winning record. I'm still fairly happy with reaching five wins again, but having another winning season would feel great.

Comment

Originally posted by IceBoxDragon View Post
                  Crushing loss Saturday. Had a chance there at the end and probably should have had one more play to toss it into the endzone. Certainly has been a roller coaster of a season, so hopefully the team goes back up and snags a win vs St. Cloud St to clinch the winning record. I'm still fairly happy with reaching five wins again, but having another winning season would feel great.
                  From where the program was just 5 years, the dragons have become a respectable program.

Comment

Well the St. Cloud State game went really well. Slowed down a bit in the second half but did more than enough to win. While it's too bad a couple more games didn't go our way, this was still an alright year, it feels good to have a winning season.

This was Laqua's ninth season, here's a breakdown of Dragons football over the past 20 years.
                    2019 6-5
                    2018 8-4
                    2017 5-6
                    2016 7-4
                    2015 6-5
                    2014 4-7
                    2013 4-7
                    2012 1-10
                    2011 2-9
                    Before Coach Laqua
                    2010 2-9
                    2009 2-9
                    2008 2-9
                    2007 4-7
                    2006 6-5
                    2005 1-9
                    2004 0-11
                    2003 3-8
                    2002 5-5
                    2001 4-6
                    2000 3-8
                    1999 7-4

In 20 years the Dragons have had eight seasons with at least five wins. Five have been under Coach Laqua
                    In 20 years the Dragons have had six seasons with at least six wins. Four have been under Coach Laqua
                    In the nine years before Coach Laqua's tenure, the Dragons reached at least four wins three times. In Coach Laqua's nine seasons, he's had seven seasons with at least four wins
                    In nine previous seasons, the Dragons had one winning record. Under Coach Laqua, the Dragons have had four winning records.

Turning a program around is difficult, Laqua deserves a lot of effort for digging this team out of the hole it was in and making it competitive. In the past five years the team has a 32-24 record. In the five years before his hire, the team collectively went 16-39.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X