Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
    Here are a few of my thoughts from Week 1.

1) While I don't think the sky is completely falling for NSU, the first game was a disappointment (even if it was a little expected). I think the defense played better than last season, but they were put in some pretty tough spots. It's hard to tell what to make of the running game after getting held in check by a really good Bemidji defense. The biggest takeaway for me from week one is that the Wolves need better QB play. There were too many bad throws and missed receivers. Again, I think Bemidji is really good so we will see what the rest of the season brings for the Wolves. Like it or not, the rumblings are getting a little louder in Aberdeen. Expectations are only going to grow for the football program with the improved facilities.

2) Holy Golden Bears!!! Witt was all over them being better than people expected and they surely made him look smart in Week 1. USF missing Watson surely hurt and it sounds like the Coo special teams unit should come with its own big top, but that was still an impressive showing for CSP. While I still don't think they will compete for a playoff spot, they have definitely put the NSIC on notice, especially if they can continue to get solid QB play.

3) Is Augie really good or are the Peacocks really bad? Probably a little bit of both. I think we all expected Augie to be better than they were last year and we knew the offense would put up points. Upper Iowa also sounds like it may have a pretty long season, especially in the South.

4) Maybe Mankato isn't completely invincible? Actually, I think SMSU is better than most expected. The Mavs may have relaxed a little too much after jumping out the big lead and SMSU always seems to have a good passing game. I think the Mavs still steamroll through the NSIC (however, I do think they will need to develop a passing game and better pass defense to win in the playoffs) and I think SMSU will make life tough on teams that struggle in the back end of their defense.
    I agree with most here... but I think a lot could just be first game rust

Comment

Comment

Random thoughts:

1. Mankato is great. Huge and powerful.
        2. USF - did not see that. I expect they will be there at the end. don't see 3-8 or something crazy like that
        3. Bemidji is good. My favorite in the North
        4. Shannon Currier can flat out recruit and coach.
        5. Not surprised Augie won, but surprised by the margin. Not sure what to think of Upper Iowa.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X