Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colorado St. Pueblo vs. Minnesota St. The rubber match!!

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado St. Pueblo vs. Minnesota St. The rubber match!!

Re: Colorado St. Pueblo vs. Minnesota St. The rubber match!!

Today was colder than last year's game too, dang freezing rain and no sun. Might be warmer for Pueblo next week! Didn't see any injuries today so CSUP should be pretty healthy this time around. I'll check flights to see if I can make the trip again.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
      Today was colder than last year's game too, dang freezing rain and no sun. Might be warmer for Pueblo next week! Didn't see any injuries today so CSUP should be pretty healthy this time around. I'll check flights to see if I can make the trip again.

Comment

Offense is much more dynamic, still run heavy but some very reliable WRs. RBs are also 4 deep with Bernard McDondle back and Marcus Lindsay (younger brother of Broncos RB) having emerged as a threat. No RB has over 122 carries as they rotate them frequently. OL is all new but have really come together and played well, transfer from Baylor is 6'6 360 and is getting better each week. Getting them into 3rd and longs is the key but they are conservative enough due to their defense that they are fine with punting the ball away rather than forcing anything through the air. Starting QB Brandon Edwards has thrown just 1 interception this season.

The defense is 10 of the 11 guys you saw last year and I think might be the best defensive unit Pueblo has had since bringing the program back in 2008. Defense doesn't really have a big weakness. They force turnovers, stop the run, and get in the backfield. I believe 4 of the top 5 TFL in the RMAC were Pueblo guys. Stopping the Mankato offense will be a huge challenge for them no doubt.

Special teams they are very solid, the Pueblo punter is one of the best in D2, coverage teams allow very little on punts or kickoffs. FG kicker isn't what you guys have, but who is. He's been pretty consistent on the year though.

Playing on the road at Commerce and winning in what was basically a playoff game after losing to Mines the week before really seemed to have gotten Pueblo on track, Mankato will be well rested though and likely the biggest challenge Pueblo has had this year.
        Last edited by Turbonium; 11-18-2018, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Unless things go wrong for me this week somehow, I'm planning on making the trip for this game. I got no kids sports stuff going on..so it works.

I haven't looked into things at all yet..but this CSUP D is among the best in the nation and they have their stud RB this year..and he was DNP a year ago..if my old mind serves me right. Expect a better CSUP team, simply.

The weather is supposed to be in the 30's..and not terrible..early forecast I saw. Weather has no impact on this one..as the teams are nearly a stylistic match..and both from cold temp areas, etc.

Comment

Offense is much more dynamic, still run heavy but some very reliable WRs. RBs are also 4 deep with Bernard McDondle back and Marcus Lindsay (younger brother of Broncos RB) having emerged as a threat. No RB has over 122 carries as they rotate them frequently. OL is all new but have really come together and played well, transfer from Baylor is 6'6 360 and is getting better each week. Getting them into 3rd and longs is the key but they are conservative enough due to their defense that they are fine with punting the ball away rather than forcing anything through the air. Starting QB Brandon Edwards has thrown just 1 interception this season.

The defense is 10 of the 11 guys you saw last year and I think might be the best defensive unit Pueblo has had since bringing the program back in 2018. Defense doesn't really have a big weakness. They force turnovers, stop the run, and get in the backfield. I believe 4 of the top 5 TFL in the RMAC were Pueblo guys. Stopping the Mankato offense will be a huge challenge for them no doubt.

Special teams they are very solid, the Pueblo punter is one of the best in D2, coverage teams allow very little on punts or kickoffs. FG kicker isn't what you guys have, but who is. He's been pretty consistent on the year though.

Playing on the road at Commerce and winning in what was basically a playoff game after losing to Mines the week before really seemed to have gotten Pueblo on track, Mankato will be well rested though and likely the biggest challenge Pueblo has had this year.

Comment

27-17 UCP.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                ...and both from cold temp areas, etc.
                It does not get nearly as cold in Pueblo as it does in Mankato.

Comment

Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post
                  This is true but the game in Golden today will be colder than the game in Mankato next week. Cold and wind is not something that will bother anyone that's been in Pueblo for a winter.

Comment

Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post

Comment

The only weather element that was a factor in last year's game was the wind. That made it nearly impossible for either team to throw the ball, which wasn't either team's strength to begin with. Cold won't matter, snow won't matter, rain won't matter. The wind is the one that makes things very difficult offensively, the way the stadium is set up. Should be a better overall game for both teams this year. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
                        The only weather element that was a factor in last year's game was the wind. That made it nearly impossible for either team to throw the ball, which wasn't either team's strength to begin with. Cold won't matter, snow won't matter, rain won't matter. The wind is the one that makes things very difficult offensively, the way the stadium is set up. Should be a better overall game for both teams this year. Looking forward to it.
                        The kicking game suffered too, for both teams of course, punting and kickoffs were quite the adventure to watch. It also made my face far colder than it ever wanted to be so here's to a calmer, warmer day. :fingers-crossed:

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
                          There was a reason why Blakeslee was called The Wind Tunnel in the old NCC.

Comment

The defense is 10 of the 11 guys you saw last year and I think might be the best defensive unit Pueblo has had since bringing the program back in 2008. Defense doesn't really have a big weakness. They force turnovers, stop the run, and get in the backfield. I believe 4 of the top 5 TFL in the RMAC were Pueblo guys. Stopping the Mankato offense will be a huge challenge for them no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                              There was a reason why Blakeslee was called The Wind Tunnel in the old NCC.
                              I thought that was your nickname. :wink:
                              Last edited by Clean Liver; 11-18-2018, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X