Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSIC Players of the Week (11/11)

NSIC Offensive Player of the Week
    #23 Nate Gunn (RB, 6-2, 220, Sr., Minooka, Ill. / Minooka HS) - Minnesota State

- Set an MSU single-game record with six rushing touchdowns in 42-39 win at USF
    - His 254 rushing yards are a single game high this season in the NSIC
    - Came just seven yards shy of his career-high of 261 rushing yards
    - Averaged 8.8 yards on his 29 carries
    - Named NSIC Offensive Player of the Week for the second time this season (9/9/19)

NSIC Defensive Player of the Week
    #52 Chris Garrett (DL, 6-4, 230, Jr., Milwaukee, Wis. / Wisconsin Lutheran HS) - Concordia-St. Paul

- Had three sacks and a forced fumble in a 24-14 win over SMSU
    - His forced fumble set a DII career record with 15
    - Now has DII-leading season total to 7 forced fumbles (3rd most in DII history in a season)
    - Climbed up to 13th in career sacks with 36.5 in just 27 games and leads the country in sacks (1.4/game)
    - Leads the NSIC and ranks 5th nationally in TFLs (2.1/game), adding 3.0 to his total against SMSU
    - Has the third most career sacks among all active players in NCAA (all divisions) football
    - Named NSIC Defensive Player of the Week for the second time this season (10/14/19)

NSIC Special Teams Player of the Week
    #28 Ethan Knudson (K, 6-3, 185, Sr., Harlan, Iowa / Harlan HS) - Wayne State

I don't think any other offensive player had a chance at POY against Gunn this week. He pretty much singlehandedly won the game on Saturday. Very impressive performance.

Comment

Mr. Gunn is in my opinion the very best running back ever to play at MSU. Well-deserved honor for him. Congratulations to all three honored this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post
        I don't think any other offensive player had a chance at POY against Gunn this week. He pretty much singlehandedly won the game on Saturday. Very impressive performance.
        I was thinking that on the way home. I don't know who else was nominated but that decision was already settled.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

I was thinking that on the way home. I don't know who else was nominated but that decision was already settled.

Comment

If Gunn had scored twice, Zylstra once, Arnold once, Taormina once, Schlicte once (or any such combination of with other players) that may have been the case. With him scoring all six TDs and 254 yards............as much as the line (and don't forget the receivers, they do a great job of downfield blocking) opened holes you know that they don't get the press.

I think that Nate knows who to thank. The linemen know when the scoreboard is lighting up like a pinball machine that they are doing their jobs. It is unfortunate that they usually aren't noticed unless someone misses a block.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X