Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

To your point, 10-0 with more than half of your wins against winless or 1 or 2 win teams that only have wins over other weak teams says nothing about you being Champioship caliber. Just an example and not directed at MN ST. Insulate yourself then cry foul is an embarrassment. You want a ranking when MN ST HAS NOT PLAYED A RANKED TEAM ALL YEAR.

Would it mean more to you if Tarleton loaded up with games against Mary Upper Iowa or Crookston. All in the name of an extra game that the other team has zero chance of winning and most likely being embarrassed and ran out of the stadium. IE 81 points against Crookston that did nothing for either program.

Whether or not the NCAA wants to pull their collective heads out of their butts and stop recognizing weaker teams as equal and start weighting schedules remains to be seen.

Comment

Not the case when you play a silo schedule because you realistically have nothing to compare to other than your conference therefore your SOS is bogus.

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

MN Duluth was a ranked team at the time when we played them.

Comment

I think what is missing in this equation is quality over quantity. Like I stated the only real solution is earned access whether NCAA politics will allow it in the future is yet to be seen. It is allowed in other D2 sports.

Comment

Not the case when you play a silo schedule because you realistically have nothing to compare to other than your conference therefore your SOS is bogus.

Comment

Comment

I think what is missing in this equation is quality over quantity. Like I stated the only real solution is earned access whether NCAA politics will allow it in the future is yet to be seen. It is allowed in other D2 sports.

Comment

Earned Access of top two teams of every conference where only conference games count not OOC. Each conference has to have a minimum of 6 teams. This is the only objective way. Do the best teams get into the playoffs absolutely not. But, it takes the politics out of it. Two conference teams champ and runner up will be determined on the field or by conference tiebreakers.

Comment

MSU has 3 wins against teams ranked in region top 10 compared to 2 for TSU. That sounds like quality to me.

Comment

Earned Access of top two teams of every conference where only conference games count not OOC. Each conference has to have a minimum of 6 teams. This is the only objective way. Do the best teams get into the playoffs absolutely not. But, it takes the politics out of it. Two conference teams champ and runner up will be determined on the field or by conference tiebreakers.

Comment

Last edited by catbacker07; 11-13-2019, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Wrong, because OOC games carry no weight and are only used as a measuring stick where your program is. In conference games will determine champ and runner up. In other words lose both OOC games go undefeated in conference and go to playoffs as conference champ.

Comment

Originally posted by msumavfan View Post

MSU has 3 wins against teams ranked in region top 10 compared to 2 for TSU. That sounds like quality to me.

Comment

Wrong, because OOC games carry no weight and are only used as a measuring stick where your program is. In conference games will determine champ and runner up. In other words lose both OOC games go undefeated in conference and go to playoffs as conference champ.

Comment

Or win just one of the two games that your team lost and this whole argument becomes a moot point.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X