Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT - CSP adds varsity eSports

I'm only sharing this because the new program is being organized as a varsity athletic team. CSP becomes the second school in the NSIC to do this, behind Upper Iowa. I would imagine many other NSIC schools will follow suit in the next 2-3 years.

https://online.csp.edu/blog/news/esp...letics-program
    Last edited by SW_Mustang; 12-14-2018, 02:19 PM.

Re: OT - CSP adds varsity eSports

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
    I am sharing this because CSP is going to organize their new eSports team as a varsity athletic program. They will become the second NSIC school to do so (UIU). I would expect to see other NSIC programs following suit in the near future.

https://online.csp.edu/blog/news/esp...letics-program
    Flex those thumbs! Do they have a specific/specialized S&C coach for their activity? Do they offer scholarships? Where does a coach find these fine-tuned digital dynamos? Is it co-ed? Do I give a rat's a**? Not after this .

Comment

Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post
      Flex those thumbs! Do they have a specific/specialized S&C coach for their activity? Do they offer scholarships? Where does a coach find these fine-tuned digital dynamos? Is it co-ed? Do I give a rat's a**? Not after this .
      Aren't you the one on here who gets all touchy and super sensitive when anyone says anything even remotely negative about NSIC programs and/or their athletes? Or am I mixing you up with someone else? Just seems funny to me that you have no problem mocking these kids and this idea but can't handle someone making a joke about the likelihood of a bad program losing to a good program in a football pick 'em chat.

Comment

Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post
        Clearly you do, since you took the time and effort to voice your displeasure.

Thanks for playing, though.

Comment

NAIA Midland I Nebraska has esports too

Comment

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
            NAIA Midland I Nebraska has esports too
            Apparently, the NACE is partnered with both the NAIA and NJCCA in an official manner. Midland is apart of this too as it appears, here's a list of all the affiliate schools:

https://nacesports.org/school-directory/

Comment

Very cool. I'm not a big fan of the games they play but it takes some serious time and effort. Bet MSU gets a team going quite quickly

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
                Very cool. I'm not a big fan of the games they play but it takes some serious time and effort. Bet MSU gets a team going quite quickly
                It's crazy intense. The time and effort required is quite insane. Not only that, but there's been a big push to get these guys into the gym too - can't expect to be competitive if a player's body isn't in shape.

Given the low cost, few barriers of entry, educational opportunities, and the NCAA's current lack of involvement, I think this will spread like wildfire. MSU would be a great candidate too.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
                  Clearly you do, since you took the time and effort to voice your displeasure.

Thanks for playing, though.

Comment

This is interesting. Wonder how you recruit and how schools will promote it? Is there a stadium in the works? How do you become a spectator and fan of someone playing a video game? So many questions and confusion lol

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleNickels View Post
                      This is interesting. Wonder how you recruit and how schools will promote it? Is there a stadium in the works? How do you become a spectator and fan of someone playing a video game? So many questions and confusion lol

Comment

This whole article is a pretty good read on the subject: https://www.forbes.com/sites/joshmoo.../#56b1c4722858

Comment

I must really be out of touch! Lol this is all crazy to me! I guess I'll have to try to check it out!

Comment

It'll only be a matter of time before CU is hoisting a virtual trophy over their heads and spraying Mountain Dew all over each other in the locker room.

Comment

Originally posted by ApatheticSportReport View Post
                              It'll only be a matter of time before CU is hoisting a virtual trophy over their heads and spraying Mountain Dew all over each other in the locker room.
                              I wonder if that will be a hologram?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X