Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne State unveils new logos

WSC is keeping the "paw" logo as its primary athletic logo

The new logos and wordmarks are secondary athletics marks and for use for other campus branding. Can't say I'm a big fan.

Saw this post and worried you'd be losing the paw, its's pretty recognizable and although simple, a solid logo imho.

Don't like the cat head at all, but much like a Cougar, with a generic mascot name you're setup for disappointment. The W could work. And I actually dig the new font. Wonder if the WSC on the paw will get a font makeover then.
    4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
    2016 NSIC Champions
    🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

They look fine. Clearly a minimalist design - a sign of the times.

That being said, the "other" Wayne State also has a "W" logo. They are pretty different, but I'm all about uniqueness and brand differentiation. That's why I'm thankful SMSU got rid of the SMU F*rd Mustang logo.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Otis Day View Post
          The W could work. And I actually dig the new font. Wonder if the WSC on the paw will get a font makeover then.
          I was wondering too about the font on the paw mascot. I'd imagine if they do update it on some places, they aren't going to reproduce every logo on campus with the new font.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
            That being said, the "other" Wayne State also has a "W" logo. They are pretty different, but I'm all about uniqueness and brand differentiation. That's why I'm thankful SMSU got rid of the SMU F*rd Mustang logo.
            Technically SMSU didn't get rid of the old Mustang, at least that's what they said at the time. But you rarely see it any more, I think Mattke Field midfield and R/A Facility are about the only prominent sightings of it at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
              Technically SMSU didn't get rid of the old Mustang, at least that's what they said at the time. But you rarely see it any more, I think Mattke Field midfield and R/A Facility are about the only prominent sightings of it at the moment.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                  Yeah - that's what I meant. They "got rid of it" as the primary logo.

There's a couple more. It's painted on the wall of Bellows on the first floor, it's featured in the Fogarty murals in R/A, and the head is also used in the Mustang Zone neon sign. It may also be in the collage above the bookstore, I can't remember.

The bookstore also still uses it on clothing from time to time, so it must still sell for them.

Comment

They should take the soccer lines off too. I kid, kinda.

I've noticed the stadium is starting to show a little wear and tear. That's to be expected for a 12 year old stadium exposed to some harsh elements. It would be neat if we could spruce it up in the next 5-6 years - not a full-on renovation, just brighten the place up a little. I know that's overly ambitious though.

Anyway - back on topic, I read your comment about the Wildcat logo and it made me think of this. Noticeably different, but still kinda close too...

Comment

I know. That thing is so generic and so similar to a ton of "Wildcat' logos at other schools.

Comment

I was wondering why the font seemed somewhat familiar.... Hope DC comics doesn't come after WSC

4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                        2016 NSIC Champions
                        🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
                          I've noticed the stadium is starting to show a little wear and tear. That's to be expected for a 12 year old stadium exposed to some harsh elements. It would be neat if we could spruce it up in the next 5-6 years - not a full-on renovation, just brighten the place up a little. I know that's overly ambitious though.
                          Ahem......a practice bubble would be nice.

Comment

I think switching around the black and yellow on the wildcat would've been an improvement.

Comment

New coach, new logo, new era-an exciting time for Wayne fans.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X