Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by laker View Post

I remember when they were debating on the site, and that it would have been by the park.

Had they put the school in RF I would have gone there for sure. Half as far away as Mankato and I had to help on the farm. Even Willmar, when I went to Ridgewater, is further than RF.
    Would have changed the outcome of the town to make it far more competitive with Marshall, that's for sure.

I'm also not sure if it would be possible, but putting the football stadium in the smaller of the two valleys would make it a pretty awesome venue. Plenty of space for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Would have changed the outcome of the town to make it far more competitive with Marshall, that's for sure.

I'm also not sure if it would be possible, but putting the football stadium in the smaller of the two valleys would make it a pretty awesome venue. Plenty of space for it.
      The zoo in RF is an amazing place. One of those hidden gems that most people have never heard of.

I was working for Trojan Seed Corn Company out of Olivia one summer. I was sent with a semi driver to pick up unsold seed corn when we broke down in North Redwood. Only so much that you can see there walking around for three hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post

The zoo in RF is an amazing place. One of those hidden gems that most people have never heard of.

I was working for Trojan Seed Corn Company out of Olivia one summer. I was sent with a semi driver to pick up unsold seed corn when we broke down in North Redwood. Only so much that you can see there walking around for three hours.
        It's believed there was a tiny village on the flat where the zoo now stands. Birthplace of Charles Eastman. Great football player for Dartmouth, helped found the Boy Scouts, was a famous doctor and great author. They just did a remodel on the zoo a few years back. I remember a very angry goose calling the pond home for a while about 20 years ago. Definitely worth a visit.

North Redwood - home to the train tracks where Richard Sears began his empire. The depot itself is long gone, but the garage for the depot is still around. The bus used to stop at Becker's Convenience Store, which I believe is now a small-engine shop.

Both are worth a stop. I haven't been to Richard Sears' marker down in NR, but I'll check it out one of these times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

Figured it was only a matter of time. I don't blame either side for parting ways.
          Already the DC at FLC in Durango, CO. That was quick, considerin' they have a new HC, too. Almost sounds like this was in the makin' much earlier than we thought. Jmo.

Comment

• I guess this can speed up the process of balancing out the coaching split between offense and defense if they want. Had two full-time assistants on defense before and just Sauter on offense. With Underwood being defense-focused, do they stick with just 16 and GAs on defense and hire two offensive coaches instead.

Comment

• I went back in the thread and didn't see it, so I apologize if this is old news - but Coach Frana will not be joining the Mustangs coaching staff.

Took a job w/FCS W. Illinois.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post
                Frana just took a job at Western IL.
                Here it is

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Here it is
                  I have a great attention span, clearly.

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

I have a great attention span, clearly.

Comment

• The Marshall Independent reported just after noon today that Doug Patterson is the new OC/OL coach. I see him listed on the SMSU football website too.

Comment

• Posting this here for my future viewing.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X