• Show
Clear All

• Clean Liver
    replied
    Frana just took a job at Western IL.

Leave a comment:

• Clean Liver
    replied
    As I recall, he was on the list, along with Sauter and Carr, to replace EE when he left for SDSU.

Leave a comment:

• Clean Liver
    replied
    The former HC taught bowling.

Leave a comment:

• MrMustang
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

He was OC at Luther last year, but I see now there was a HC change so maybe he's out of a job at the moment.
    Frana was a good recruiter, judge of talent, and on the field coach. We recruited good linemen and he coached them up. We had a nice line when he was here.

Leave a comment:

• MrMustang
    replied
    He did a great job at SMSU and would be a great hire.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    He was OC at Luther last year, but I see now there was a HC change so maybe he's out of a job at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• oldyellaHer69
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Something I personally hadn't really thought about...

While Underwood hasn't coached since 2019, he's really truly only missed one season of NSIC football. He's still fairly plugged in.
    It's weird because it feels like forever ago, but you're right. I'm sure he's stayed in tune with the conference during that time too.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Coach talked in one interview about how recruiting will be focused heavily on the five-state area, with not a ton of JUCOs in most years. Music to my ears!
    That's what I like to hear!

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Coach talked in one interview about how recruiting will be focused heavily on the five-state area, with not a ton of JUCOs in most years. Music to my ears!

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Something I personally hadn't really thought about...

While Underwood hasn't coached since 2019, he's really truly only missed one season of NSIC football. He's still fairly plugged in.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

Interesting. Committed not signed obviosuly but I get how twitter handles work

Not great stats. Looks the part. Will create competition for the job at least .

and you need 2 good qbs in the NSIC. guys get hurt. Hoping he is a good get
    Listening to that Sioux Falls interview last night, Underwood mentioned what has been mentioned here before about assistants' contracts. Said they have one opening on offense, with both guys coming back on defense.

With his expertise on defense, obviously the offensive hire will be for the OC role. Will be interesting how assistants' salaries are divided once current guys expire. Usually coaches load up more where the HC doesn't have the expertise. Would likely mean a shift to two offensive guys on salary

Leave a comment:

• MrMustang
    replied
    Interesting. Committed not signed obviosuly but I get how twitter handles work

Not great stats. Looks the part. Will create competition for the job at least .

and you need 2 good qbs in the NSIC. guys get hurt. Hoping he is a good get

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Coach was on the air in Sioux Falls today

http://www.callingallsportssd.com/

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

details on the JUCO qb? I expect Justus McComb to be the qb or at least be in the mix. Probably should have played him this past year as a freshman

Highlights (Hudl): https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6095069...901105b43292be

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X