Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stanger86
    replied
    Looking through the list of Underwood assistants when football ceased at SCSU, a few I'll mention:

Mark Sipple, current DC at Augie: Unlikely to move, I'd guess
    Doug Patterson, current OL coach at WIU: Unlikely to move, but was in St Cloud for 12 years
    Chris Mussman, currently out of coaching: Decent resume if he wants to get back into it
    Joey Nelson, was WR coach at Winona: Might be looking for a job

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    I can't contain my excitement for this hire! I'm grateful for SCSU's incompetence!

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
    Rennecke
    @AndyRennecke4m
    I can't think of anyone more deserving for another chance at a head coaching job. It's hard to think of another college football coach as loyal as Scott was to SCSU despite the administration's attempts to cut the program. Go get 'em, Scott! Go SMSU!
    (Also former SMSU beat writer)

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    I'm thrilled with this hire, personally.

He was a good coach for SCSU, knows the NSIC... let's get to work.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Witwicki
    replied

Rennecke
    @AndyRennecke4m
    I can't think of anyone more deserving for another chance at a head coaching job. It's hard to think of another college football coach as loyal as Scott was to SCSU despite the administration's attempts to cut the program. Go get 'em, Scott! Go SMSU!

Leave a comment:

• Matt Witwicki
    replied
    Reusse
    @Patrick_Reusse7m
    Scott Underwood, out of job as head coach when St. Cloud State dropped football to turn futbol into its homecoming sport, is new coach at SW Minnesota State. Tough task, outstanding hire.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Witwicki
    replied
    https://smsumustangs.com/index.aspx

Thrilled to see this....great guy who got a bad deal at SCSU..

Leave a comment:

• MrMustang
    replied
    patiently waiting here. I know they interviewed people

Leave a comment:

• Matt Witwicki
    replied
    Originally posted by oldyellaHer69 View Post
    50 days since the Mustangs have had a Head Football Coach will they ever hire anybody?
    Hearing that might happen today....a name we've discussed....expect a release today/Monday

Leave a comment:

• oldyellaHer69
    replied
    50 days since the Mustangs have had a Head Football Coach will they ever hire anybody?

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

nope committe apparently very tight lipped and no leaks. DisaPPOINTING FOR FANS, BUT GOOD FOR THEM!
    I was really surprised when Loyola of Chicago changed conferences and no one leaked any information. Pretty rare these days when people want to be the "unnamed source".

Leave a comment:

• MrMustang
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

You hearing any names?
    nope committe apparently very tight lipped and no leaks. DisaPPOINTING FOR FANS, BUT GOOD FOR THEM!

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
    first round of interviews going on for football coach. will be getting down to finalists after that. not sure on timeline
    You hearing any names?

Leave a comment:

• MrMustang
    replied
    first round of interviews going on for football coach. will be getting down to finalists after that. not sure on timeline

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

I don't know about the soccer situation (beyond what was released), but the rest are all voluntary. I'm hoping it's a coincidence and not a symptom of a larger issue - but I honestly don't know.
    This is true. But still, it's interesting....

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X