X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by NSICFballFan View Post

That's surprising and very encouraging. Increased enrollment will hopefully lead to more home game attendance which will certainly make SMSU more attractive to recruits.
    It's definitely encouraging. The new pres has been ultra aggressive on enrollment and I like what I'm hearing from him. My problem when I was a student was everyone kinda sat around shouting "there's a problem!" and nobody seemed to even be willing to try anything, except for turning SS into a shopping mall.

Hopefully we can continue this trend in the right direction.

Leave a comment:

• NSICFballFan
    replied
    Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
    Not football related but still some pretty good news.
    https://www.marshallindependent.com/...ss-since-2016/
    That's surprising and very encouraging. Increased enrollment will hopefully lead to more home game attendance which will certainly make SMSU more attractive to recruits.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Not football related but still some pretty good news.
    https://www.marshallindependent.com/...ss-since-2016/

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied

I have a feeling this is just the beginning. Roster will likely take another hit once the semester is over. We'll see some of this across the conference but especially at SMSU bc they had so many out of region recruits in c/o 2020.
    Yeah - same. Being stuck this far away from home in this climate isn't going to bode well.

Leave a comment:

• NSICFballFan
    replied

He would have been interesting. I'll probably keep an eye on his Twitter to see where he lands. I had a feeling this year was going to get rid of a few of our incoming class.
    I have a feeling this is just the beginning. Roster will likely take another hit once the semester is over. We'll see some of this across the conference but especially at SMSU bc they had so many out of region recruits in c/o 2020.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied

"Suggest" is a more appropriate word than "indicates". I corrected original post.

He could have had a successful career in Sauter's offense. I was looking forward to watching him play in NSIC. He wasn't going single handedly make SMSU a playoff contender but he could have put up impressive stats.
    He would have been interesting. I'll probably keep an eye on his Twitter to see where he lands. I had a feeling this year was going to get rid of a few of our incoming class.

Leave a comment:

• NSICFballFan
    replied

His latest Tweet on the 26th gives me a feeling like he's possibly moving up, or staying closer to home? No hard evidence either way on that one.

Not really what I was hoping to hear though.
    "Suggest" is a more appropriate word than "indicates". I corrected original post.

He could have had a successful career in Sauter's offense. I was looking forward to watching him play in NSIC. He wasn't going single handedly make SMSU a playoff contender but he could have put up impressive stats.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Any SMSU fans know what happened to your freshman QB Nick Arvay (AZ kid)? He's no longer on the roster and his twitter indicates he's no longer with the program...
    His latest Tweet on the 26th gives me a feeling like he's possibly moving up, or staying closer to home? No hard evidence either way on that one.

Not really what I was hoping to hear though.

Leave a comment:

• NSICFballFan
    replied
    Any SMSU fans know what happened to your freshman QB Nick Arvay (AZ kid)? He's no longer on the roster and his twitter suggest he's no longer with the program...
    Last edited by NSICFballFan; 09-30-2020, 02:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
    SMSU and Schwan's folks went to Omaha and looked at Creighton when planning this. I was on the plane one of the times. It is clearly based on the Crieghton stadium
    Yeah. I had posted it on Twitter and someone said they based Matke Field off of this. Pretty cool to see - and SMSU definitely made some improvements. Visitors seating not one of them.

Leave a comment:

• MrMustang
    replied
    SMSU and Schwan's folks went to Omaha and looked at Creighton when planning this. I was on the plane one of the times. It is clearly based on the Crieghton stadium

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Same architect did both stadiums. They also did the Oregon baseball stadium, which has a similar overhang.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    I'm late to the party on this one but seeing as how I don't really follow D1 Soccer in Nebraska, that's understandable.

I had to do a double take when I drove by it last night. Not an exact copy but very close. Matke field corrected a few things wrong with it - moving the press box to the other side was not one of them.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• NSICFballFan
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
    I heard Belt not playing because worried about COVID. Plans to come back but who knows.

Some of those other guys are 5th year guys who are probably graduating in fall so not going to stick around in Spring with a 1% chance there is a season. Cant blame them. college is expensive
    SMSU really needs Belt back. He could bomb the ball. A great punter is a huge weapon. Often overlooked by the typical football fan. He could definitely punt in FCS.

I agree. They're probably ready to move on with their lives. A few of them had medical redshirts on top of traditional redshirts so a 2021 Fall szn would be 6.5yrs!!!

Leave a comment:

• MrMustang
    replied

Most painful losses appear to be:

5, 8 and 13 had starts @ WR
    12 was teams leading TE.
    21 & 32 were All-League caliber DBs
    35 was All-League caliber Punter (Huge Loss)
    66 Started on OL as RFr.
    Galamue, Busari and Murphy missed 2019 with injury and would have contributed at WR/TE in 2020.

There could be others but these stand out. Might be OK if the 2020 recruiting class is as strong as some say it is. Roster will definitely look a lot different in 2021. I expect more departures once the Spring Season is cancelled because it's impractical. Some of the seniors might have been encouraged to hang up the cleats to free up scholarship funds for C/O 2021.

I really liked Jalen Coleman at receiver. I assume with Covid and likihood of online classes he decided to stay close to home. Can't blame him.

No idea about # 8 - maybe he is set to graduate, He did redshirt

#13 - no idea

Lucas Fischer is a big loss if gone. I know his brother is going to Augie

Garrett Chapman was very good, went back to California.

Liked Kammeyer on the OL. Who knows...
    lots of turnover at all D2 schools.

my guess is the 3 receivers are graduating. All have been here forever

Kyle Richter is graduating I think. Getting married, Great kid

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X