Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• University of Sioux Falls 2021

Might as well get a thread going for this season.

Like pretty much every D2 team, I have no idea what to expect. So many new players that I know nothing about, and so much rust on everyone will make this an interesting season. At this point my biggest hope is that the Coo doesn't break their 26 year winning season streak. Let's make it 27, boys!

I also wouldn't mind it if they corrected the 2019 special teams fiascos that plagued us that whole year and lost us a few games.

Kelo did a nice spot on the team this morning: https://www.keloland.com/sports/its-...otball-season/

Thanks for starting this Tundra. Looking forward to next Thursday. It's weirdly freeing to have basically zero expectations. I think we have the talent to be a playoff team. But is the experience there yet? Can we eliminate stupid and costly mistakes that have plagued the Coach A era?

Things I'd like to see in 2021:

-Special teams fixes was at the top of my list as well. All new guys. Probably good. Can't be worse than the 2019 experience.

-Can our defense maintain it's presence as one of the better units in the league? Losing Coach Benedetto from 2019 is a big loss but we tend to reload on this side of the ball.

-Speaking of losing coaches, longtime S&C Coach Mathers joined Benedetto down I-65 from me at Samford. Happy to see these guys have success and move up. Unknown as to how it'll affect the program.

-Thuro Reisdorfer is back in the backfield. I like that. A lot. As for his OL, not sure what to expect from these guys this year. We were the second best rushing offense in 2019 behind Mankato. Can we keep that up and take pressure of a new QB? Or will it take a few games for the offense to gel?

-And of course new QB. I was excited about the Jaice Miller signing a few years back but it came down to Adam Mullen or Josh Swanson with Coach A naming Mullen the starter on Wednesday. Both are young (Mullen a RS-Fr, Swanson a Sophomore) so I like that we could get some consistency if one has staying power the next few years. No idea what to expect behind center or how long the leash will be if he struggles. Walters actually didn't win the spot outta camp in 2018. Mitch Martin did but after an awful first half of the first game to start the season, they made the switch and Martin really turned into solid QB for the Coo. Coach A doesn't ask his offense to be too wild and creative (much to my dismay at times) so Mullen won't have to be Lorenzo Brown back there. But it goes without saying we're really going to need serviceable QB play to have a decent season. Coach A on Adam Mullen after making the decision to start him next week:

We've had some great games with BSU the past few seasons, looking forward to Thursday.
    4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
    2016 NSIC Champions
    🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Going to be a rainy game tonight. I'm planning on wearing my motorcycle rain jacket and pants to stay dry while I'm sitting in the stands out at the Bob.

Comment

Anyone else having trouble getting the live stream to work for the USF Minot St. game?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisco View Post
          Anyone else having trouble getting the live stream to work for the USF Minot St. game?
          I am having trouble too. Been listening on the radio and they mentioned that Minot's video feet and live stats is down.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisco View Post
            Just saw this over on the chat thread:

Originally posted by Wisco
            Watch the USF vs Minot St. game here!
            https://www.bek.tv/sports-west-stream

Comment

Article about USF quarterback Adam Mullen: https://www.argusleader.com/story/sp...rs/8344740002/

Comment

Kalen DeBoer, from Milbamk SD. who played WR for USF under legendry coach Bob Young and later HC for USF is doing well as HC for Fresno State. His Bulldogs beat UCLA and are ranked in the top 25.

Many years ago I remember USF practicing on campus in the snow while on another playoff run and being envious of the Coo's success. Kalen was an outstanding WR, a tall blonde headed kid who set school records with receptions 234, yards 3400 and touchdowns 33. Maybe some of you can answer, how many national championships did he win as a player and a coach?

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                  Kalen DeBoer, from Milbamk SD. who played WR for USF under legendry coach Bob Young and later HC for USF is doing well as HC for Fresno State. His Bulldogs beat UCLA and are ranked in the top 25.

Many years ago I remember USF practicing on campus in the snow while on another playoff run and being envious of the Coo's success. Kalen was an outstanding WR, a tall blonde headed kid who set school records with receptions 234, yards 3400 and touchdowns 33. Maybe some of you can answer, how many national championships did he win as a player and a coach?
                  DeBoer won four national championships. One in 1996 as a player, and three as a coach in 2006, 2008 and 2009. He also took the team to the NC in 2007 but lost to Carroll College.

Been rooting for Fresno State since DeBoer arrived. He also brought in Coo alumni Ryan Grubb and Chuck Morrell with him to Fresno State. They were his OC and DC for the four years he was USF's head coach.

Comment

4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                    2016 NSIC Champions
                    🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Originally posted by Otis Day View Post
                      I have a few guesses, lol

Comment

This year I paid for the Argus Leader online so I could read about local football. I was taken aback by the article on this Wayne game titled "Augie holds off" and leading with how vulnerable the defense was. How strange for the local paper to put the most negative spin on the game as possible. Sounded like the way the losing team's press would write the article. I thought either this guy didn't see the game or doesn't like Augustana.

After seeing this post I looked back and this Zimmer guy wrote the article. Makes sense now. This guy shouldn't be writing for the local paper with articles like this and twitter fighting with alumni. How unprofessional. Why would I pay for this? He obviously as no interest in Augustana and nothing interesting I'm going to read in this paper.
                        Last edited by BIGvikingFan; 10-17-2021, 07:15 PM.

Comment

He sounds like a disgruntled man with life, I don't think Zimmer should have shared the tweet. I'm sure he gets nasty messages from USD fans, does he share those?

Comment

Originally posted by BIGvikingFan View Post

This year I paid for the Argus Leader online so I could read about local football. I was taken aback by the article on this Wayne game titled "Augie holds off" and leading with how vulnerable the defense was. How strange for the local paper to put the most negative spin on the game as possible. Sounded like the way the losing team's press would write the article. I thought either this guy didn't see the game or doesn't like Augustana.

After seeing this post I looked back and this Zimmer guy wrote the article. Makes sense now. This guy shouldn't be writing for the local paper with articles like this and twitter fighting with alumni. How unprofessional. Why would I pay for this? He obviously as no interest in Augustana and nothing interesting I'm going to read in this paper.
                            I gotta stand up for Zimmer here. "this Zimmer guy"..? Seriously..? He's basically been the main writer for USF and Augie for the past 15 or more years for the Argus and is widely regarded as the best journalist covering local/regional sports in our area.

In a time when markets like we have in the NSIC get covered by media guys who are at their post for 1-2 years, as they move to bigger markets, Zim actually knows the teams/history/perspective on these squads. He's a sportswriter, not an SID who's writing a feel-good article for the school. Zim has gotten very comfortable in his own shoes writing exactly what he thinks and feels with candor, and I for one appreciate that. That said, I also like a local radio guy to be able to tell me things right down the middle and impartial, but I know I'm probably not the norm there.

The print business is having a heckuva time keeping the lights and Zim has been a tremendous asset to all the local programs he touches....and all the local coaches enjoy him and while they wish everything he said was positive about them, they respect the fact he's unafraid to tell it like it is.

Comment

Last edited by MrAugustana; 10-18-2021, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X