Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NSIC Players of the Week (10/4)

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NSIC Players of the Week (10/4)

    NSIC Offensive Player of the Week
    #9 Logan Nelson (QB, 6-5, 226, Sr., Billings, Mont. / Skyview HS) - University of Mary

    - Led the Marauders to a 49-42 win at Northern State as he completed 24-of-34 passes for 454 yards and six touchdowns
    - He also ran for 40 yards to amass 494 of total offense on the day
    - His touchdown passes came from 61, 12, 30, 6, 33 and 44 yards out
    - The six touchdowns ties Zach Roberson (2x) and Paul Cronin for the school record

    NSIC Defensive Player of the Week
    #51 Nate Pearson (LB, 6-2, 225, FY-Sr., Lake Nebagamon, Wis. / Northwestern HS) - Minnesota Duluth

    - Posted a team-high six solo tackles and eight total tackles in a 26-21 win at MSU Moorhead
    - Notched 4.0 tackles for a loss of 19 yards
    - He added 2.5 sacks for 12 yards lost and a quarterback hurry

    NSIC Special Teams Player of the Week
    #4 Ty’Shonan Brooks (DB/KR, 5-11, 170, Sr., Brooklyn Park, Minn. / Park Center HS) - Minnesota State

    - Returned a punt 53 yards for a touchdown in a 58-10 win over Concordia-St. Paul
    - On the day, he recorded 100 punt return yards in six attempts (16.7 ypr)
    - Added one solo tackle on defense

  • #2
    Other Top Performances

    Offense

    #10 Brandon Alt (BSU)
    averaged 25.1 yards per completion in a 49-35 win over Minot State. He totaled 301 passing yards, his third 300+ yard offensive game this season. He threw four touchdown passes to three different receivers and completed a game-long throw of 67 yards for a touchdown.

    #15 Chamere Thomas (UMD) posted a career-high 121 rushing yards against MSU Moorhead. He added one rushing touchdown, had an average of 20.2 yards per carry and a 71-yard run.

    #22 Charles Coleman (MSU) led the Maverick rushing attack with 88 yards and two touchdowns. He recorded a 41-yard touchdown run to score the game’s first touchdown.

    #11 Dawson Macleary (MINOT) threw for a new NCAA Division II school-record 408 yards, completing 28-of-40 passes with 3 TDs, while also rushing for two more scores in just his second collegiate start and fifth collegiate game.

    #18 Adam Mullen (USF) completed 26-of-36 passes for 251 yards and tied a career-best with three touchdowns to lead Sioux Falls to a 28-26 come-from-behind win over No. 14 Augustana in the “Key to the City” rivalry matchup. Among his TDs was the game-winning throw of 26 yards to Dominic Pegley with 2:53 to play. Mullen, who had 250 yards or more passing in consecutive games, has gone over 1,000 yards on the season (1,035) and now has eight TDs. The 26 completions against the Vikings was a career-high for Mullen.

    #9 Zeke Robinson (SMSU) caught a team-high four passes for 92 yards which included two fourth quarter touchdowns to help SMSU rally from a 14-point first half deficit at Upper Iowa. Robinson caught a 12-yard touchdown pass with 12:24 left in the fourth quarter to tie the game at 14. He then caught the game-winning 51-yard touchdown pass with 1:09 remaining to give SMSU a 20-14 advantage.

    #12 Dewaylon Ingram (NSU) led the Northern State receiving front versus UMary with 153 total yards. He averaged 17.0 yards per reception and recorded two receiving touchdowns, including a 41-yard long.

    #4 Nick Bohn (WSC) accounted for 347 yards of total offense and three TD’s in 38-21 Saturday win over Winona State. He ran for a team-high 82 yards on 12 carries with two TD’s on runs of 5 and 28 yards. He completed 25 of 36 passes for 265 yards and one score.

    #5 Jake Balliu (WSU) was a threat every time he touched the ball in a 38-21 Warrior loss to Wayne State, accounting for 220 yards of offense. He threw for a 28-yard touchdown on a trick play to fellow receiver Ethan Wittenburg and added four catches for 62 yards, including a 33-yard effort. He added 130 yards in return yardage on punt and kickoff return duty. Had a 63-yard kickoff return to set up the Warriors second touchdown of the game.

    ===================================

    Defense

    #7 Jaylen Jenkins (BSU)
    set a career-high with 3.0 tackles for a loss in a 49-35 win. He totaled 10 yards from tackles for a loss and recorded 1.0 sack for a loss of 6 yards. He tallied eight tackles and one quarterback hurry.

    #57 Jack Barry (UMary) recorded 2.0 sacks and 3.0 TFL in 49-42 win at Northern. He totaled 6 tackles (5 solo). He sealed the Marauders road win with a sack on 4th-and-9 with under two minutes left to play in the game, forcing a fumble in the process.

    #97 Bedale Naba (MSU) recorded two sacks for a total of 16 yards lost against Concordia-St. Paul.

    #33 Matt Schoh (MSUM) had a team-best 13 tackles in loss to No. 22 UMD. He had four solo stops and nine assists. He also had an interception and a quarterback hurry.

    #97 Jonathan Leon (MINOT) had a career-high 9 tackles to lead Minot State’s defense, which included a tackle for a 4-yard loss.

    #1 Dorian Fedrick (USF) had a career-high with nine tackles, including seven solo stops, two pass breakups and TFL in helping lead Sioux Falls to a 28-24 win over No. 14 Augustana in the “Key to the City” matchup. Fedrick and the defense held the Vikings to 161 yards rushing and 373 total yards in offense. Fedrick has 21 tackles, interception, three pass breakups and 4.5 TFLs on the season.

    #1 Adihia Bell (SMSU) recorded a career-high 11 tackles including seven solo stops and 0.5 for loss to help SMSU earn a 20-14 road win. Bell helped a defense shutout UIU in the second half to allow the Mustangs to rally from a 14-point first half deficit. UIU was held to 192 total yards in the final three quarters and turned the ball over twice. It was the lowest total offense by an SMSU opponent this season. UIU started the game 3 for 3 converting on third-down but finished just 6 for 16.

    #17 Kyle Domin (UIU) led the UIU defense with 9 tackles including 2 tackles for loss and 1.5 sacks. The Peacock defense held the Mustangs to just 8 yards rushing on 27 attempts in their 20-14 loss on Saturday.

    #24 Carter Duxbury (WSU) had three sacks among his seven tackles against Wayne State. He had four total tackles behind the line of scrimmage to earn 18 TFL yards. His seven total tackles on the day was a season-best.

    ===================================

    Special Teams

    #90 Mason Hoffer (BSU)
    was perfect on field goal/point after attempts with 11 total points in 49-35 win. He hit field goals of 30 and 26 yards and was 5-of-5 on extra points. He is one of four kickers nationally to be 6-of-6 on field goals this season. He is one of five kickers nationally to be at least 19-of-19 on extra point attempts.

    #45 Logan Kobus (UMD) punted a total of 7 times at MSU Moorhead, notching two punts of 50+ yards, and three punts inside the 20-yard line.

    #15 Justin Czech (MSUM) averaged 39.5 yards per punt on 10 punts vs. #22 UMD. He placed two punts inside the 20-yard-line, including one that pinned Bulldogs at the 1-yard line. He had a long punt of 47 yards.

    #98 Seamus Hall (USF) had a big day for USF in the win over No. 14 Augustana. Hall punted seven times for 296 yards or an average of 42.3 with a long of 58 yards and three punts inside the 20-yard line. This season, he has a 37.6 average with six kicks placed inside the 20-yard line in five games.

    #39 Carter Dicker (SMSU) made both of his PATs and averaged 49.2 yards on eight punts, including booting a career-long 66-yarder. He had two punts inside the UIU 20-yard line to help SMSU earn a 20-14 road victory.


    Comment


    • #3
      #11 Dawson Macleary (MINOT)

      By far my favorite name in the NSIC.
      Must be the Scottish version of Dawson’s Creek
      Last edited by Purple Mav Man; 10-04-2021, 10:04 AM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
        #11 Dawson Macleary (MINOT)

        By far my favorite name in the NSIC.
        Must be the Scottish version of Dawson’s Creek
        My son's best friend is named Dawson. Kid is a wicked guitarist. Way better than I am.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
          NSIC Offensive Player of the Week
          #9 Logan Nelson (QB, 6-5, 226, Sr., Billings, Mont. / Skyview HS) - University of Mary

          - Led the Marauders to a 49-42 win at Northern State as he completed 24-of-34 passes for 454 yards and six touchdowns
          - He also ran for 40 yards to amass 494 of total offense on the day
          - His touchdown passes came from 61, 12, 30, 6, 33 and 44 yards out
          - The six touchdowns ties Zach Roberson (2x) and Paul Cronin for the school record

          NSIC Defensive Player of the Week
          #51 Nate Pearson (LB, 6-2, 225, FY-Sr., Lake Nebagamon, Wis. / Northwestern HS) - Minnesota Duluth

          - Posted a team-high six solo tackles and eight total tackles in a 26-21 win at MSU Moorhead
          - Notched 4.0 tackles for a loss of 19 yards
          - He added 2.5 sacks for 12 yards lost and a quarterback hurry

          NSIC Special Teams Player of the Week
          #4 Ty’Shonan Brooks (DB/KR, 5-11, 170, Sr., Brooklyn Park, Minn. / Park Center HS) - Minnesota State

          - Returned a punt 53 yards for a touchdown in a 58-10 win over Concordia-St. Paul
          - On the day, he recorded 100 punt return yards in six attempts (16.7 ypr)
          - Added one solo tackle on defense
          Congrats Logan Nelson, last two games hes looked unreal. Interesting side note, a few weeks ago, Bagnell put transfer Jesse Forknell (Minnesota State-Mankato) in. I almost wonder if this was lighting a fire. Nonetheless congrats, well earned.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by UMary1 View Post

            Congrats Logan Nelson, last two games hes looked unreal. Interesting side note, a few weeks ago, Bagnell put transfer Jesse Forknell (Minnesota State-Mankato) in. I almost wonder if this was lighting a fire. Nonetheless congrats, well earned.
            Nelson was pulled against Augustana because he was sacked 3 times and was getting hit on most of his plays, besides the game was out of reach for Mary. Logan Nelson is a fantastic QB.

            Comment


            • #7
              Very happy you're posting so often now UMary1. All of you that read this forum, but don't post come out of the shadows and participate.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                Very happy you're posting so often now UMary1. All of you that read this forum, but don't post come out of the shadows and participate.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Never saw any of the original Shadow stuff, however did see the Alec Baldwin film.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by UMary1 View Post

                    Congrats Logan Nelson, last two games hes looked unreal. Interesting side note, a few weeks ago, Bagnell put transfer Jesse Forknell (Minnesota State-Mankato) in. I almost wonder if this was lighting a fire. Nonetheless congrats, well earned.
                    didn’t know he had transferred to Mary?? I am pursuing he will be the successor of Logan Nelson after this season??

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

                      didn’t know he had transferred to Mary?? I am pursuing he will be the successor of Logan Nelson after this season??
                      It looks to be that way, don't get me wrong Logan Nelson is an excellent QB. I liked what I saw from Forknell, a nice pocket presence and release. Good to have depth.

                      Comment

                      Ad3

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X