Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AU Vikings View Post

I would sure think either the CCHA or NCHC.
    Hahahahahaha CCHA or nothing for quite some time....it's okay though you're welcome with us

Comment

I don't know about Mary but I know MSU Moorhead looked into it like 8ish years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post

I don't know about Mary but I know MSU Moorhead looked into it like 8ish years ago?
        Forgot about them!

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

Forgot about them!
          Would have been pretty sweet to have an NSIC D1 Hockey Conference....Augie, Bemidji, Mary, MSU-Mankato, MSU-Moorhead, SCSU, UMD and the affiliate St. Thomas hahaha

Comment

SMSU did announce they'd be starting a D1 hockey program about 7 or 8 years ago through an article in the student newspaper. It never happened, though. Might have had something to do with the fact that the article was published on April 1st. Yeah, I'm guessing that's it. XD

Probably the best April Fool's joke I've fallen for - as embarrassing as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post

Would have been pretty sweet to have an NSIC D1 Hockey Conference....Augie, Bemidji, Mary, MSU-Mankato, MSU-Moorhead, SCSU, UMD and the affiliate St. Thomas hahaha
              Oddly enough, Crookston once had their own NCAA hockey team as well, though it was DIII. They folded in 2009.

It's an odd situation because they committed some money to help fund the new arena up there, then folded the program before they could ever use it. They still followed through on their commitment though, which was cool.

Comment

Midco Sports Magazine piece on the origins of the Augustana hockey program:

https://twitter.com/midcosports/stat...089921027?s=21

We (Midco Sports) will have periodic behind-the-scenes updates in the coming months until puck drop in fall 2023. Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernSunExperience View Post
                  Midco Sports Magazine piece on the origins of the Augustana hockey program:

https://twitter.com/midcosports/stat...089921027?s=21

We (Midco Sports) will have periodic behind-the-scenes updates in the coming months until puck drop in fall 2023. Enjoy!

Comment

Haha, I was not in any way, shape, or form comparing Augustana to UND in a hockey-specific context or in a timeline-specific way. I was simply saying Josh Morton was an athletic administrator at UND when they were D-I in hockey and D-II in everything else. I just mentioned it as a brief aside at the very end just as something unique in my mind. Morton also told me during the course of the interview that being at UND during that time period has helped give him an understanding of how to navigate / manage an athletic department being D-I in one sport and D-II in others.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X