Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer Portal Season

Well, for those of us unable to enjoy anymore football, let's keep that depression going, shall we?

I've lost count but Northern has to be aeound 10-15 that have entered the portal.

I didnt want to believe this was actually going to turn into a yearly thing but apparently, it is.

For me, it's very disheartening. Not that they have the option, but one of many reasons I love college sports so much more was the recruiting/development aspect. If that's gone for good, my interest is undoubtedly going to slip

Its hard to blame kids if they don't end up liking the school or realize they may not getting playing for wanting to leave especially knowing they only have 4-5 years of football left. Can't imagine the stress it puts on coaches, I wonfer how many give kids some playing time here and there in the hopes they don't leave after 1 year.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUWarriorFan View Post
      Its hard to blame kids if they don't end up liking the school or realize they may not getting playing for wanting to leave especially knowing they only have 4-5 years of football left. Can't imagine the stress it puts on coaches, I wonfer how many give kids some playing time here and there in the hopes they don't leave after 1 year.
      Yeah, like I said I don't blame them, just as a fan it takes away one of my most appealing aspects. At one point,, I planned to absolutely transfer due to quite a few things,, but after talking to my coach coach really thinking it through, I am so glad that I didn't go through with it. When the one-and-done hit D1 hoops is about the time I started losing interest to the point that, though I keep up a little, I hardly ever watch outside of March.

Again, not saying everyone should feel as I feel, haha.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Yeah, like I said I don't blame them, just as a fan it takes away one of my most appealing aspects. At one point,, I planned to absolutely transfer due to quite a few things,, but after talking to my coach coach really thinking it through, I am so glad that I didn't go through with it. When the one-and-done hit D1 hoops is about the time I started losing interest to the point that, though I keep up a little, I hardly ever watch outside of March.

Again, not saying everyone should feel as I feel, haha.
        The one-and-done rule is so dumb. I want to know how many top 10-15 recruits actually helped their draft stock by playing 1 year vs if they could have gone straight to the NBA

Comment

Well, for those of us unable to enjoy anymore football, let's keep that depression going, shall we?

I've lost count but Northern has to be aeound 10-15 that have entered the portal.

I didnt want to believe this was actually going to turn into a yearly thing but apparently, it is.

For me, it's very disheartening. Not that they have the option, but one of many reasons I love college sports so much more was the recruiting/development aspect. If that's gone for good, my interest is undoubtedly going to slip
          At the same time Northern roster has 15 transfers of which 13 came from D1 schools and some JC players. Don't know if it was you, but there was excited posts about said transfers.

Comment

Where does one find the D2 transfer info for football? As with basketball, the transfer portal may taketh away, but it will also give to D2 programs as well. Such is life now I suppose.

Comment

Interesting to see all these NSU players announcing that they are hitting the transfer portal on twitter. Seems to be more every time I check. Anyone with ears in the program know anything about this? I know it's certainly more commonplace now, but no other team appears to be losing players at this rate.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

At the same time Northern roster has 15 transfers of which 13 came from D1 schools and some JC players. Don't know if it was you, but there was excited posts about said transfers.
                Not it

Comment

Originally posted by D2FootballFan1992 View Post
                  Interesting to see all these NSU players announcing that they are hitting the transfer portal on twitter. Seems to be more every time I check. Anyone with ears in the program know anything about this? I know it's certainly more commonplace now, but no other team appears to be losing players at this rate.
                  The vast majority, IMO, are guys that came in expecting more time but didn't play much, or are grad transfers. NSU also graduates a lot, but that's for a different thread.

Comment

The vast majority, IMO, are guys that came in expecting more time but didn't play much, or are grad transfers. NSU also graduates a lot, but that's for a different thread.
                    Out of curiosity, how many starters will NSU be projecting to return next season?

Comment

Originally posted by D2FootballFan1992 View Post

Out of curiosity, how many starters will NSU be projecting to return next season?
                      The transfer portal is going to change the face of the NSIC, those who do not keep up to the changing times will be left in the dust, word of mouth goes a long way. Already talk Small Jr has been talking to friends around the country to come in to Mary. It is a risky time for a lot of programs as these could be hits or misses. Bottomline, you will be seeing a lot of this for the for see able future. Hit a humble, high ceiling talent comes in and makes an immediate impact. Miss a D1 transfer comes in thinkings it only d2 and fizzles out. Looking forward to keeping an eye out.

Comment

You pretty much nailed it. I'm very interested to see how recruiting at the d2 level changes now that guys are free to move up a division without sitting out a year. Before you would have guys from d1 schools transfer to JUCO's with the intent of finding their way back to a D1 roster. Now, D2 schools could in theory hit guys up with the "play for us for a year, get some stats and film, and move back up" pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by unknown View Post

You pretty much nailed it. I'm very interested to see how recruiting at the d2 level changes now that guys are free to move up a division without sitting out a year. Before you would have guys from d1 schools transfer to JUCO's with the intent of finding their way back to a D1 roster. Now, D2 schools could in theory hit guys up with the "play for us for a year, get some stats and film, and move back up" pitch.
                          If they move back up they'd have to sit out for a year when they go back up, so I don't think that will be the case. Recruiting transfers might be the best way to guarantee that kids stay at the program for the remaining years of eligibility. I used to dislike the thought of transfers, but starting to come around to the idea of them.

Comment

Your right. The transfer rule allows guys one transfer with no time sat out so they would use that moving down.

Comment

SMSU LB Jordan Nolan has entered the transfer portal. Only one I've been able to find this far.

I have a feeling we might be seeing a lot of guys transfer out again, if not more than usual.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X