Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WPHB View Post
    Hey everyone, thanks for all the suggestions. So it was a long 14+ hour drive up and back but we were able to see/eat/do some stuff....

Falls Park was absolutely amazing!

My wife and I walked Phillips and got to see a bunch of the art installations.

We went the first night to Mackensie River Bar & Grille (Stockman Pizza and the homemade chocolate chip cookie with ice cream was the right order). We were disappointed that we were not able to go across the street to Washington Pavillion, but there will be more trips.

The next day we got up and went to breakfast at Witt's suggestion of the Original Pancake House. Yeah, he was right on the money with that one.

Then we moved the kiddo into the dorm and made about 18,000 trips to Target and Walmart.

Wound up that afternoon with the boy, his mom, stepdad and my wife, and me at All-Day Cafe. Second best meal I had in Sioux Falls! Will go back (a lot). Bonus Points for the Bloody Caesar.

Ended the trip that night at Blarney Stone on Phillips. By far the best meal I had in Sioux Falls. Irish Egg Rolls for the win. Fish and Chips were pretty good, but again, Bloody Caesar was top-notch.

Got back last night and it was hard leaving a kiddo 1000 miles away, but 3 things made it easier...

1)All the people there were super friendly and helpful. Reminded me of the folks out here in West Texas.
    2)The Augie coaching staff and upperclassmen being as good, caring, and family-oriented as they are gives me some level of peace.
    3)He said he feels like he is at home and that means a ton.

My profound thanks to everyone who gave advice, help, or suggestions. While we were not able to do much, we will be returning in August for a check-in and will have a lot more time then and will be bringing my son's little brother, so we intend on hitting the zoo, falls park again, and the water slides at the Best Western!
    Glad you had a great visit.

If you like rock and roll music and you're ever here when the local band Minority Falls is playing, make sure you check them out. Best young drummer in the region (from a biased dad's opinion. lol)

Comment

Originally posted by WPHB View Post
      Hey everyone, thanks for all the suggestions. So it was a long 14+ hour drive up and back but we were able to see/eat/do some stuff....

Falls Park was absolutely amazing!

My wife and I walked Phillips and got to see a bunch of the art installations.

We went the first night to Mackensie River Bar & Grille (Stockman Pizza and the homemade chocolate chip cookie with ice cream was the right order). We were disappointed that we were not able to go across the street to Washington Pavillion, but there will be more trips.

The next day we got up and went to breakfast at Witt's suggestion of the Original Pancake House. Yeah, he was right on the money with that one.

Then we moved the kiddo into the dorm and made about 18,000 trips to Target and Walmart.

Wound up that afternoon with the boy, his mom, stepdad and my wife, and me at All-Day Cafe. Second best meal I had in Sioux Falls! Will go back (a lot). Bonus Points for the Bloody Caesar.

Ended the trip that night at Blarney Stone on Phillips. By far the best meal I had in Sioux Falls. Irish Egg Rolls for the win. Fish and Chips were pretty good, but again, Bloody Caesar was top-notch.

Got back last night and it was hard leaving a kiddo 1000 miles away, but 3 things made it easier...

1)All the people there were super friendly and helpful. Reminded me of the folks out here in West Texas.
      2)The Augie coaching staff and upperclassmen being as good, caring, and family-oriented as they are gives me some level of peace.
      3)He said he feels like he is at home and that means a ton.

My profound thanks to everyone who gave advice, help, or suggestions. While we were not able to do much, we will be returning in August for a check-in and will have a lot more time then and will be bringing my son's little brother, so we intend on hitting the zoo, falls park again, and the water slides at the Best Western!
      Sounds like you had a good time! Augie seems like a family-type situation to me, if your son is into that, he's going to fit in well. Seems like all the Augie folk know all the other Augie folk. Very tight knit.

I also walked part of Phillips this weekend. Saw Jason Lee standing on the street corner. It was pretty awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post

Glad you had a great visit.

If you like rock and roll music and you're ever here when the local band Minority Falls is playing, make sure you check them out. Best young drummer in the region (from a biased dad's opinion. lol)
        I spent a lot of time at the Levitt this weekend and that is a great facility. I didn't stick around for any concerts, but that's clearly a special thing you guys have. The crowds for the concerts were massive (I saw as I drove away), and mainly just people looking to enjoy a summer evening.

Always held SF in high regard, but that was pretty outstanding. Saw the city in a new light after that.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X