Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Witwicki
    replied
    Been trying to post my preview, but the site has been giving some pushback (server error). Expect it today if we can get that right.

Leave a comment:

• BIGvikingFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
    NSIC fans....I've been working on my preview. Writeups for 9 of the 14 teams are done. I made time to contact all 14 head coaches for a chat before drumming up my own take on who'd finish where this year..and why. My column will be wrapped up within a week..and posted here. FYI.

Curious....if you super fans here were to rank the teams this year (based on how you think they'll finish)....what's your order? Does Mankato return to the top or maybe Duluth....or do Augie and BSU have the top spots this year again?
    Always look forward to this. When is it coming out? Thanks for all you do Matt.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Sounds like an invitation for you to empty your retirement funds towards a videoboard while being named for you.
    SMSU degrees aren't quite worth that much, but maybe a few Augie fans would chip in.

Think about how good the Vikings would look on our screen!

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

HaHa! Provo Privy....................Laker's Latrine...............................Brad's bathroom. Would be as classic
    Just don't blame me for the quality of the toilet paper- or the urinal targets............

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied
    Originally posted by laker View Post

I'm still looking to have a restroom named for me at a new Maverick stadium a la The Green Berets and Sgt. Provo.
    HaHa! Provo Privy....................Laker's Latrine...............................Brad's bathroom. Would be as classic

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

Sounds like an invitation for you to empty your retirement funds towards a videoboard while being named for you.
    I'm still looking to have a restroom named for me at a new Maverick stadium a la The Green Berets and Sgt. Provo.

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied
    Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

The new fixtures at the stadium do look nice. I snuck in for a sneak peak of the turf last night, and the goal posts really do stand out.

Now if we could just get a new videoboard... hmm...

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    Augustana
    Bemidji
    Duluth
    Northern
    Sioux Falls
    Mankato
    Mary
    Winona
    Wayne
    Southwest
    Moorhead
    CSP
    Upper Iowa
    ??????Minot

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied

SW hired an excellent head coach in Scott Underwood, he produced good W/L seasons with little support financially and always under contraction threats. Plus their stadium was antiquated with little community support. Give him 2-3 years to gain traction and the Mustangs will be competitive.
    The new fixtures at the stadium do look nice. I snuck in for a sneak peak of the turf last night, and the goal posts really do stand out.

Now if we could just get a new videoboard... hmm...

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

It's only been 1 year on the QB. Boyer Bauman had a great year in 2019 -- he missed 2 games because of injuries - or maybe would have throw for 3000 yards.

no season in 2020... so just 2021 where the QB play was bad
    Good points. It felt like a lot longer ago with Gimbel finishing up - though that was only in 2018. I must have been thinking of it in MAY (Mustang Athletic Years).

Definitely a fan of Bouman and certainly appreciate his contributions. A real Mustang if there ever was one. Happy that he's back on the sidelines - especially after spending last year with USD.

And yes, was definitely not impressed with last year's QB. I gave him way too much leeway during the season. Very little experience as a leader, and maybe this is just me - but he felt like one of those FBS transfers that was "too good for D2." I'm ready to move on, and will have much greater expectations this year.

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

It's only been 1 year on the QB. Boyer Bauman had a great year in 2019 -- he missed 2 games because of injuries - or maybe would have throw for 3000 yards.

SW hired an excellent head coach in Scott Underwood, he produced good W/L seasons with little support financially and always under contraction threats. Plus their stadium was antiquated with little community support. Give him 2-3 years to gain traction and the Mustangs will be competitive.

Leave a comment:

• MrMustang
    replied
    Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Sounds like there is a social/open practice on Monday? I'm planning to make the drive over, at least for the practice part.

SMSU QBs... always a show. I'm hoping whoever becomes "our guy" can be a leader for a few years. Seems like we haven't really had for the past 3-4 years.

I'm cautiously optimistic this year. Underwood impressed me at the spring game with his leadership, so I'm hoping between that and the new roster - maybe it won't be such a dull season. Then again, I thought the same thing every year since 2014, and...

Leave a comment:

• MrMustang
    replied
    I have sneaky suspicion this will be the year of the Cougar in the South. In yesterday's Argus Leader story on fall practice the Coo are determined not to have an early season gaff that's plagued them recently. QB Mullen enters his 2nd season starting and the league's best RB Thuro Reisdorfer is playing his last college season, USF had the top defense last season only giving up 20 points a game.

Augustana has all the pieces to repeat as the overall league champion, The big question is at QB play after 4 mostly up years of Texas gunslinger Kyle Saddler there will be a new sheriff under center, if the play is very good the Vikings could repeat.

Don't know much about the Mavericks except their 6-5 season was probably an anomaly for the NSIC historically best program along with UMD.

Having little knowledge of UMD or BSU, I'm sure they will both challenge for the league trophy. Thankfully our media leader Matt Witwicki will fill us in with his much-anticipated FB preview. The man put's a great deal of time for us. He would be a terrific SID.

My guess.
    AU. 9-2, USF. 9-2, MSU 8-3
    UMD 9-2, BSU 8-3

The growth in parity has been enjoyable in recent years, Mary, Moorhead, Northern, Wayne and Winona.
    Once it was the big 2, (UMD, MSU) now has grown to big 5.
    I tend to agree with you on USF

Leave a comment:

• Barndog
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IceBoxDragon
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
    NSIC fans....I've been working on my preview. Writeups for 9 of the 14 teams are done. I made time to contact all 14 head coaches for a chat before drumming up my own take on who'd finish where this year..and why. My column will be wrapped up within a week..and posted here. FYI.

Curious....if you super fans here were to rank the teams this year (based on how you think they'll finish)....what's your order? Does Mankato return to the top or maybe Duluth....or do Augie and BSU have the top spots this year again?
    1. Augustana
    2. MSU Mankato
    3. UM Duluth
    4. Sioux Falls
    5. Bemidji
    6. MSU Moorhead
    7. Northern
    8. Winona
    9. Wayne
    10. Mary
    11. SMSU
    12. Concordia SP