Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 Uniforms Thread

So not sure if you all saw last night but the Minnesota Gophers unveiled some new black uniforms that they're going to be wearing this season: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THsk4FLjI84

Made me wonder if any NSIC teams are planning any uniform updates or have any alternates to put on during the season. I've actually been hoping the Dragons would do a black uniform for a while now. I think they could pull off a classic Atlanta Falcons type look with a black uniform and a black helmet with the Dragon logo in red. Instead, in recent years, they've sometimes worn these grey uniforms that I'm not as big of a fan of.

Here's an example:
    https://www.msumdragons.com//images/...hedule_pic.jpg
    They've been using them since the school incorporated grey as a school color after making the block M logo about a decade ago
    https://www.mnstate.edu/contentasset...olor-logo.jpg/

No idea if the Mustangs have any new uniforms. I like the Brown on Brown, or the Brown tops and gold pants.

Comment

Winona State new uniforms. They honestly don't look much different than the previous years. The pants have stripes which weren't there in the past.

https://twitter.com/WinonaState_FB/s...J7yR079eExaotg

Comment

[QUOTE=IceBoxDragon;n687909]So not sure if you all saw last night but the Minnesota Gophers unveiled some new black uniforms that they're going to be wearing this season: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THsk4FLjI84

It's a giant pet peeve of mine whenever teams where black uniforms if black isn't one of their school colors. They all gold they wore against Penn State in 2019 should be there go to home uniform

Comment

Originally posted by WSUWarriorFan View Post
          Winona State new uniforms. They honestly don't look much different than the previous years. The pants have stripes which weren't there in the past.

https://twitter.com/WinonaState_FB/s...J7yR079eExaotg
          The purple looks a bit brighter than the previous ones. They're sharp.

Comment

Minot will be rolling out a "throwback" to their old green jerseys this year.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
              No idea if the Mustangs have any new uniforms. I like the Brown on Brown, or the Brown tops and gold pants.
              What about gold helmet, gray jerseys, and black pants XD

It's been long enough, I should really get over that. Oofta.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
                My favorite look for the Mustangs.

I haven't seen gray football jerseys yet that looked good. The anthracite look reminds me that they are only good for burning like coal. Gophers could look good in combinations of maroon and gold but go with something that isn't even a school color. And I include the Mavs with that thought. I love black but not if it isn't your school color- Buffalo Lake and Freeborn were both orange and black and I liked that.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

My favorite look for the Mustangs.

I haven't seen gray football jerseys yet that looked good. The anthracite look reminds me that they are only good for burning like coal. Gophers could look good in combinations of maroon and gold but go with something that isn't even a school color. And I include the Mavs with that thought. I love black but not if it isn't your school color- Buffalo Lake and Freeborn were both orange and black and I liked that.
                  Agree with you on Mustangs brown tops gold pants. In my opinion one of best uniforms in the league.

Would like to see the Mavs with an alternative helmet, Black Mav gets lost on dark purple helmet. Maybe a white or gold helmet.

Really like UIU and BSU uniforms.

Comment

I've found myself being less and less a fan of grey as a main for the jersey. Morehead's don't "pop" at all..and makes it harder to see the number clearly. The Bemidji ones look like a cashmere sweater..and I like them even less.

Black seems to have become like white in modern times....used as a neutral color interchangeably for a lot of schools. Given a schools existing colors, sometimes it works better for some than others.

Also....most of the time when a new head coach takes over, there's subtle changes to the apparel..as they are kinda making their mark. UIU and NSU both had some changes a season ago. I actually favored the previous UIU stuff versus a year ago, but that's bound to happen when changes are made. I'd kinda expect that with Winona (looks very subtle in their case) and maybe with SMSU....tbd.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                      I've found myself being less and less a fan of grey as a main for the jersey. Morehead's don't "pop" at all..and makes it harder to see the number clearly. The Bemidji ones look like a cashmere sweater..and I like them even less.

Black seems to have become like white in modern times....used as a neutral color interchangeably for a lot of schools. Given a schools existing colors, sometimes it works better for some than others.

Also....most of the time when a new head coach takes over, there's subtle changes to the apparel..as they are kinda making their mark. UIU and NSU both had some changes a season ago. I actually favored the previous UIU stuff versus a year ago, but that's bound to happen when changes are made. I'd kinda expect that with Winona (looks very subtle in their case) and maybe with SMSU....tbd.
                      I wanna say back in 2012 or 2013 Winona State had grey pants for a short time. Thankfully they never went with full grey uniforms.

Comment

I think the Dragons wearing black would at least fit somewhat. The dragon logo is black on the helmet, and black has been incorporated in their uniforms like in this picture: https://cdn.forumcomm.com/dims4/defa...ary_359387.jpg

I definitely think it doesn't fit for some teams, though if it really doesn't line up with the school's colors at all.

Comment

Originally posted by IceBoxDragon View Post

I think the Dragons wearing black would at least fit somewhat. The dragon logo is black on the helmet, and black has been incorporated in their uniforms like in this picture: https://cdn.forumcomm.com/dims4/defa...ary_359387.jpg

I definitely think it doesn't fit for some teams, though if it really doesn't line up with the school's colors at all.
                          The reason they have a white lid is likely because if they had a red helmet or black, you couldn't be able to see the logo clearly..as it would blend with the red or black as a base color....so they'd had to present the logo in a different way on the helmet....or the logo wouldn't stand out at all. I'm not sure they are looking to color-swap on the logo to make another helmet look work. Just a guess. I kinda like the white helmet look, as it doesn't seem many in the conference do that. It typically makes for a nice contrast with the red jersey, while also having red in the logo to tie it together. I think they could do a black jersey, while keeping the white lids..and have white pants....and it would be a different look for them.

Who do you guys think has the best apparel/look in the NSIC....or maybe top 5?

Comment

Not much input here. Just as long as we don't play as poorly as those uniforms of the Boden era...which was just as appealing as his record.

Comment

The reason they have a white lid is likely because if they had a red helmet or black, you couldn't be able to see the logo clearly..as it would blend with the red or black as a base color....so they'd had to present the logo in a different way on the helmet....or the logo wouldn't stand out at all. I'm not sure they are looking to color-swap on the logo to make another helmet look work. Just a guess. I kinda like the white helmet look, as it doesn't seem many in the conference do that. It typically makes for a nice contrast with the red jersey, while also having red in the logo to tie it together. I think they could do a black jersey, while keeping the white lids..and have white pants....and it would be a different look for them.

Who do you guys think has the best apparel/look in the NSIC....or maybe top 5?
                              Did some quick searching and nothing truly sticks out as better than most or being the top. I might have to do a helmet ranking since those seem more fun and have more variety.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X